Prada Mens S/S 2020 by David Sims

RaisinBoy

Reaction score
Prada Men's S/S 2020

Photographer: David Sims
Talents: Frank Ocean, Austin Butler, Nicolas Winding Refn
Creative director: Ferdinando Verderi

Prada Menswear SS20 Advertising Campaign_01.jpg Prada Menswear SS20 Advertising Campaign_02.jpg Prada Menswear SS20 Advertising Campaign_03.jpg

Edit: There is more on their website. I like the videos, but the concept really doesn't translate well to photos.

I like the flashes of orange in some of the shots.

Franck was born to do this...You know, standing there and doing absolutely nothing while being praised has been a trademark of him for years.
That being said, he looks good!

I would love for Prada to book people who actually wears the runway stuff off campaigns. That’s why I particularly hate celebrities on their campaigns.

Jeff Goldblum deserves a Prada campaign!

I don't mind this actually. And David Sim's photography suits better with the layout here.

It's a big improvement. It's simple and straight forward. I love that they ditched the gimmicky runway styling. Perhaps 2020 will be the year Miuccia get's her act together!

Frank is surprisingly the disappointment out of the three. His shots literally give nothing.

Frank is surprisingly the disappointment out of the three. His shots literally give nothing.
Agreed I feel his time in general has run out especially after his problematic wanna erase aids from history by throwing a “queer” party/failed album promotion in nyc that ended as quickly as it started due to his bratty ignorance and problematic messaging.

but really we like these? All I keep seeing this as a reboot “my Calvin’s” campaign and not much else.

Why has David stooped to such heinous photography???

I weep when I think of Glen Luchford's masterful cinematic touch with Takeshi Kaneshiro, Joaquin Phoenix, Willem Dafoe of campaigns' past...

From what I've seen so far, it should only have been Nicolas! I like his presence in this campaign. Frank Ocean and the other guy are completely unnecessary, and obviously Ocean was used just for hype.

Austin Butler

Essential Homme Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->