Prada Menswear F/W 2021.22 Milan

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Jan 17, 2021.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

3. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

Hope I’m not the only one who’s actually loving the outerwear! Especially the leather looking bombers...

4. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

It just went from ugly to uglier for me. I really don’t have anything more comprehensive to say here.

Ghesquiere32, maimon, Phuel and 3 others like this.
  5. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

I love all the coats, especially the yellow trenchcoat, so eye-catching. Definitely better than the womenswear in term of it's less desperate to chase the hypebeast with the logos. It's still there but somehow the mood is more complicated. Now fingers crossed for a good campaign.

guimon likes this.
  6. Marc10

Marc10 Moderator

I love it. Much stronger than the womenswear. I think with this one we got to really see a balanced, interesting given-taken between them. You can clearly see both of their sensibilities, and they worked together beautifully. Knitwear was a good starting point since it's something they both love. The onesies were a great nod to S/S 08 and continuation from last season, beautiful outerwear a colors, and the bombers are so lush! The whole collection is desirable.

I expected the menswear to excel, hopefully they keep this groove going onwards.

7. RaisinBoy

RaisinBoy Well-Known Member

I quite like this. I must say I expected a disaster, but they delivered this time.

But, I'm also confused. It's not for the young, it's not for the old. You can clearly see what was designed by Miuccia and what was designed by Raf. Some pieces are really beautiful while others look like sad Gucci rejects circa 2017.

8. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

This was definitely an improvement from his womenswear debut. The presentation (minus the awkward dancing) and soundtrack was fantastic. Loved the coats and the styling of the prints and blazers. The clothes really spoke for themselves and it was less in your face with logos. I did notice that there was a lack of accessories in this collection.

With all that being said, it does feel like Raf's design influence is overpowering Miuccia's at this point. If you remove the logos, you could easily mistake it for one of his own collections. It also doesn't help that the casting is very Raf too and I personally think that they should change that. I guess it's only their second collection together but I hope as they work together more, they can strike a better balance in the future.

Ken Doll Jenner and bc collector like this.
  9. Reggie63

Reggie63 Active Member

This has Willy's aesthetic all over it. Not Willy Vanderperre, Willy Wonka.

Cartoony Prada with dated silhouettes.

entten, gazebo, Phuel and 2 others like this.
  10. Olaffo

Olaffo Active Member

As long as I can extract wearable pieces for me from the styling, presentation etc. it's a hit for me. I love some of the coats and the way which they decided to show the logo without actually showing it like cut of the jacket allows to see the triangular logo or the buttons with only the shape or the back of the classical suit etc.

This time well done and hopefully they will gradually balance each other.

thiago:) likes this.
  11. mepps

mepps Well-Known Member

A few of the coats are great, but absolutely nothing else is interesting in this collection.

WAVES likes this.
  12. rip_ian curtis

rip_ian curtis Active Member

It's ok, but it lacks the certain sense of modernity and the surprise element I expect from a Prada collection. To me it just feels like a Raf Simons collection (from the last few years that haven't been so great) or a continuation of his CK. All in all, nothing these two couldn't have come up with on their own.

entten, YohjiAddict and bc collector like this.
  13. avonlea002

avonlea002 Well-Known Member

Depressing. They all look miserable. Everything presented could come from a post soviet/communist country thrift store. I can see clothes moths flying around.

gazebo, ricer, Phuel and 1 other person like this.
  14. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Well-Known Member

The styling feels very Raf, which is very unfortunate. I agree that the outerwears are in large part rather desirable but they simply look like the men’s version of Miuccia’s work for Prada F/W 2015 (the color palette really gives it away) with the more spacious volumes of the F/W 2020 before their partnership happened. Nothing remarkable. I found the prints rather cheap-looking as well.

15. bc collector

bc collector Well-Known Member

It wasn't a bad collection but it lacked a certain element of surprise that I still kind of expect of a Prada collection but sadly went missing all too often as of late.
    My first impression was that the mood, shapes and styling hark back to fw07, one of the most divisive in Miuccia's history yet so powerful as to cast its shadow 15 years later...

16. perhydrol

perhydrol Well-Known Member

It's neither a complete disaster nor a massive hit. The outerwear is quite strong I must say, but I can't see anything from this collection becoming an 'it' item. The hype is getting bigger and bigger but there's no real substance behind it. It's even more weird when you keep in mind the latest interview of Raf (being his true, pretentious self) and Miuccia. When I was reading it, I had the impression that she was pretty open about Prada and its financial struggle and decrease in sales. It's quite obvious Raf was hired to improve the numbers but I don't think he's able to do that.

entten and velvetandsilk like this.
  17. 90sFan

90sFan Active Member

Raf's watered down Raf with Prada prints. Some coats were nice. At least a little more up to date than Prada's usual commercial boring crap that she packages with words like "POLITICS" or "PHILOSOPHY"
    or "OH I'M AN INTELLECTUAL (but in reality only desperate for the Chinese market to embrace me)"
    lolz

18. TianCouture

TianCouture Well-Known Member

OMG the dancing. I can't handle this. Cannot and will not. If Prada was bead before Raf, what will it be in two years when he leaves? I mean, Possible Feelings is the name of the show? I'm sorry is it 2011? 2015? Do we really need these pseudo collection "references." Millions and millions of people died last year and will this year-and we needed this? This needed a show?!

This collection is miserable. It's out of touch. It's depressing. It sparks no joy. It's clinical and cliche and just garbage.

Raf. I don't want oversized bombers anymore. I don't want giant bags tucked under arms. I don't want oversized parkas lined in quilts. I don't want zigzag 60s/70s knits even if they're part of Prada's "DNA." I don't want deep v-neck sweaters down to my knees. I don't want to see yellow, pink, burgundy and brown from you anymore.

I want to see you work with Prada vs. forcing your DNA onto a brand. A-friggin-gain. It doesn't work. We have learned that. Dior was a perfect example of that. You killed Calvin. Neither legacy has aged well. Move. On.

I want to like this (kind of). I see these odd glimmers of SS08 and FW07. But it just falls totally, totally flat. And feels so irrelevant. This isn't the energy I want in 2021. It's time to actually challenge yourself Raf...

entten, gazebo, donyan and 5 others like this.
  19. susseinmcswanny

susseinmcswanny Well-Known Member

Yeah I really thought about it and I kind of hate Raf Simons lol. He's so pretentious which is whatever but it never turns out good enough to accept.

I do like some of the coats and knits tho. And esp the knit coats lol. I'm sure this collection is going to be just as stupid expensive as ss21 bc they're desperate for $ for whatever reason

RedSmokeRise likes this.
  20. velvetandsilk

velvetandsilk Active Member

The conversation after show is big lol. This girl which study philosophy and Mucia and Ralf reaction :rofl:. We know PR team wrote all this questions. Less speaking and philosophy more work.

90sFan and RedSmokeRise like this.