Prada Menswear S/S 2021 Milan

Looks like they are trying to move their Linea Rossa deadstock...

That grey background is just depressing. It doesn't help that the male models look like prisioners of war with those huge circles under their eyes, all gaunt and emaciated.

That grey background is just depressing. It doesn't help that the male models look like prisioners of war with those huge circles under their eyes, all gaunt and emaciated.
How does this have to do with garments? There is a reason Martin covered his model's faces with those masks. The tailoring was nicely done, the knitwear was neat, and the eveningwear was superb. Focusing on the backdrop in a time of (mostly) global lockdown and the look on the model's faces shows a slight ignorance and disinterest in the clothing being presented.

Good direction for Miuccia! Still feels like a "best of" collection but I guess that's the name of the game these days.

Linea Rossa ending sort of killed the pacing for me but I get it.

LOL … Although the Linea Rossa line has more thought put into the design than what's shown here for the mainline. This looks like a new Outlet line…

It is nice to see the absence of stupid, gimmicky prints and cluttered styling that’s plagued this brand for far too long. But it’s also frustrating to see the absolute lack of sharp tailoring and quiet luxury that’s made Prada so endearing to me since I was 15yo. Even the nylon pieces then had impeccable tailoring and never feels casual. These all look like juniorwear for boys (as if the cast of pubescent-looking boys isn't irritating enough)— down to the obnoxious Prada triangle on the suiting… I can’t imagine anyone over the age of 21 wearing a suit with that triangle so prominant; it’s like someone who still leaves the label on the cuff of a suit…

As usual when Prada insists on showing their women with men these days— the womenswear outshines the men’s (even when they’re also plagues with that stupid triangle on the dresses…)

Love this. Very late-90s early-00s Prada, but done tastefully. I'm not even mad that I've seen those clothes from her a several times. This may be one of her most frank collections.

However, it looks a bit like appropriated overstock. I'm curious about the price point for this collection, too.

Not crazy about this collection. It looks like yet another auto pilot collection from Miucca. I could appreciate the classic pradaisms a few seasons back, but this collection is real basic for me. Maybe this serves as a reflection of the times we are in, but this does nothing for me.

Idk if im being ridic so feel free to call me out but every single time they put a logo on a garment it immediately reads as "I can't think for myself"

I know they have to make money but like pls make it stop

I went to their store a few days ago and I swear I wanted to rip off the triangle from so many pieces ruined by it!

Going a little bit further: I just loved how easy everything looks. The casting was super nice -gosh, I just adore Ashley for being so loyal to some girls-. It's the kind of collection that makes you desire the whole stuff. The tailoring was super nice after those boxy and ridiculous silhouettes from previous seasons and I'm not even a fan of a skinny shape. In my opinion, it was very clever to show the resort because the womenswear obviously elevates everything. I have to agree that sometimes they need to control themselves and make clothes without insert those classic -but silly- logos. A dash a color wouldn't had hurt too. Somehow I feel they restrained a little bit much but the bourgeois vibe saved the day. And then you have a few looks -the pink coat with the bag, the jacket with a skirt and legging on Sora- that are absolutely terrific. Even the bags looked decent!
I like this direction, but I'm a bit concerned about the womenswear show: Simons wasn't mentioned on the review and didn't appear on the video. I hope he don't f*ck it up.

How does this have to do with garments? There is a reason Martin covered his model's faces with those masks. The tailoring was nicely done, the knitwear was neat, and the eveningwear was superb. Focusing on the backdrop in a time of (mostly) global lockdown and the look on the model's faces shows a slight ignorance and disinterest in the clothing being presented.

It’s still a fashion show. And casting and set is as much of an important component as the clothes— and in some cases, even more important and what can elevate a collection to legendary status. (Even Margiela’s models with the covered faces was a stylish statement that’s become a signature and not so much a protest statement to further elevate his maverick-status.) If it’s only all about the clothes, then go to the showroom or wait until the stores carry it. Casting and setting matters for a fashion presentation.

(If anything, the current state of the world should push these multi-billion dollar brands to be more creatively innovative in their presentation-- not to par down to such lazy blandness.)

oh and the last three looks. A t-shirt with a brief? I'M ALL FOR IT. it looked super casual.

I guess this collection responds two a double logic: on the one hand, the times we are in do not really call for outlandish gestures; secondly, how could such gestures be fully communicated on a digital platform?
I know it's unfair to put together, budget-wise, a megabrand like Prada and the independent designers who have shown in London or Paris, but as I was looking at some of the videos in the last few days I couldn't help, once again, feel sorry for all those designers who couldn't keep their pretentiousness at bay and decided to go full artsy to the point where it was basically impossible to make out the clothes.

I like the go-back-to-basics spirit of this collection (minus the triangle labels slapped in your face at every possible occasion) and I think it is good to be reminded about the reasons we loved this brand back in the days.

Positive: There’s a sense of emergency in this collection. That’s what I missed in Couture. The world and the system is shook, how can we respond to that? This is a proposition.

Negative: Aren’t those clothes available already in all the Prada boutiques and Outlets around the world?

Don’t get me wrong, it’s chic, it’s straight forward but it’s not desirable enough for me.
This isn’t the first time Prada delivered a « « Black Nylon-Prada classics-Timeless » collection. Their FW2015 is the perfect example of desirable, timeless classics.

I get the praise but I’m not excited by it. I know this won’t make me want to go back to a Prada store. I think I would have preferred to have a curated collection of Past-success Items.

That annoying triangle logo and that awful lace on the black dress needs to be burned!

I don´t see a fashion collection here. I see a merchandise collection from a fashion brand: just generic and basic stuff with logos (of course!).

Is Raf Simons already trying to finish Prada? I don´t know if he was involved in this collection (but it surely looks like it).

Uninteresting and boring as hell and beyond. Miuccia has lost her sense of experimentation and avant-gardism (always in a lite wearable way).

You can almost feel all the market research oozing from all the seams!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgabes8
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"