Prada Pre-Fall 2018 : Anok, Fran & Kris by Willy Vanderperre

I don't get the Fran love. She's boring.

The rest of the shots don't match the first one but it's not bad.

Fran is a good print model, mind you she's working with a lot of top-tier talent so it's kind of a given, but yeah she looks pretty bad here.

What kind of 'let'sPhotoShopStyle.comlowresimagesontoaCartoonNetworkcirca2003background' kind of crap is this? Willy, you're dismissed!

Beautiful lighting and tacky products. Oversized nylon festival...
Terrible!

Now that I've seen the entire campaign it looks like a low budget, less cinematic version of Raf Simons SS '18.

Beautiful lighting and tacky products. Oversized nylon festival...
Terrible!

Have you seen how awful the new website is? :shock: I'm usually the first person to come to her defense but these new developments are making me question my loyalty. I don't want any of this stuff, not even the menswear. The Fall collections will not sell. Thank god Resort was good, It will surely make up for this mess.

Please stop with the pseudo-intellectual explanation for every ad/collection! No one is buying it! (Literally)
It just makes everything that's already bad - worst, it makes no sense looking at the poor images and shows how out of touch she really is.

It’s fine.

That’s basically it. It will look nice printed in magazines.

Anok and Kris are terrific. I don’t understand the hype around Fran. She’s quite ordinary.

^^
Money? For a multi billion company?
Maybe he wasn’t ok with the 365 strategy....

Meisel severed his ties with Prada roundabout the same time he fell out with Franca. I can't help thinking that that fallout may have been part of the reason he left. Prada was really tight with Franca too. Didn't Willy Vanderperre already began to shoot for some of the sublines while Meisel was still there? I think he did! And maybe Miuccia just never actively seeked a photographer to replace Meisel.....maybe she just 'promoted' Vanderperre because he was already on her payroll. And I'm quite certain Raf highly recommended him for the Prada.

I guess it's just because Willy is boyfriend of Olivier Rizzo who has styled Prada since 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
same with Steven and D&G time ago. Still a mistery... Didn't know that Willy is gay, and he's boyfriend of (fashion DILF) Olivier Rizzo!

Willy Vanderperre wins the award for most original photographer! :woot: :magic:

Calvin Klein Pre-Fall 2018 VS Prada Pre Fall 2018

OWjtciK5_o.jpg

vogue.com, prada.com

CK has always stand for the minimalistic obsession of white palettes for their identity... Prada on the other hand, sticks more to the drama and the experimental spirit. When you look at those 2 images together... it's impossible not to think CK looks like a Prada wannabe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniellebusarello
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->