Prada Resort 2009

One of my favorite resort collections this season. Prada has been redeemed!

Seeing the whole thing now, it's really a collection with 'basic' pieces.. t-shirt, pants, light jacket, etc. ... And it's in the jewellery/colour (either as surface decor or accessory) that create the impact
And then there are a few pieces with wild prints

I think it's the oversized earrings (styling) that makes it so weird :ninja:

this is really good

style review www.style.com

NEW YORK, June 10, 2008 – A few of her favorite things. That summed up a Resort collection that was an amalgam of Miuccia Prada's perennial motifs. Active sport was represented by bike shorts and Windbreakers worn as evening toppers. A leopard print's roar was balanced by a twee heart motif. And almost every piece—from bikini tops to ladylike dresses with pleated gores—was encrusted with maharaja-meets-la dolce vita-style jewels. As a result, what the collection lacked in scope it made up for in the sort of sheer dazzle that Prada is so adept at providing.

– Laird Borrelli-Persson

this is prada of the very late 90s early 2000s , which i soo love .

00230m.jpg

this dress is amaing!!!!!!!!

style.com

Thes best thing to come out from Prada in a looooooooooooong time. Very simple and refined but still quite detailed. Probably the first Prada collection Ive liked in about 5 years.

blah collection. the only .. so-so... interesting pieces, are:

look 10 on Marina Perez - black zip-up dress
look 11 on Myf - printed dress
look 17 on Karmen Pedaru - asymmetrical orbited black dress
look 18 on Kamilla Fillipcikova - black dress with jewels on top

the rest is recyclable. but i forgive miuccia this one - it's just stupid resort.... therefore not up-to-par with the brilliant fall/winter that she just produced.

The jewels are interesting. I lkie this collection.

I'm not keen on this, its a little too... fancy for me. Im not keen on bold embellishment, but I did like that oversized necklace - I like statement jewellery and understated clothes so that would look perfect in my accessories collection. Just need to find some spare cash now....

i think this is a brilliant touch of adding those jewellery; they have magical power:magic: and i just love how Miuccia balance them out.

the first thing i thought was.. holy crap :shock:
and she was shocking last resort too... in the 'why did you do this' sense... same for fw 08 imo

regarding what dior_couture said .. i think there is still that oddity she's after
it seems to be about seemingly plain clothes --they give an impression it's another designer. maybe valentino, carolina herrera.. oscar de la renta... in the way it's styled, but in the jewels and the design/placement of them... plus the jewel 'motifs' in the prints too, they make you look twice
there really are clever designs at Prada ... she has a way of making unique ideas accessible to the masses
my initial reaction is the same as yours gius :lol:
now you intrigue me to look at the jewels a little more closer.

this sure is one collection the masses will accept...

one of the most conventionally wearable collections we have seen from her in a while. i love it. though it will have NOTHING to do with the spring collection i bet.

I love the colours and of course the embellishments!!

I like this. It looks like what John Galliano is "trying" to do for Dior except this is actually successfully executed.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I lovvvveee the green tones~
And those emerald jeweled shoes are beautiful
These looks remind me of what women would wear in Oz haha

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! This is the old Prada that I love! I'm so glad she's over that 'oddity for oddity's sake' phase.
as much as it is a good sign... i'm not sure we can say it's over. maybe this is her way of doing "oddity" this season! who knows!

whatever it is. I LOVE HER! when she does odds for the sake of whatever she wants! she somehow gets it right!!! very very right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarenabrilcoleman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->