Prada S/S 05 Milan

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Sep 30 2004, 01:10 PM
Suzy loves Prada. But then again, what else is new?
[snapback]381004[/snapback]​

Suzy loves everyone :rolleyes:

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 30 2004, 01:42 PM
i'm not trying to look ugly...that's why i don't call myself goth either...because i'm not trying to scare people or make myself unattractive in order to make some sort of statement...i'm trying to find and create beauty in this ugly world we live in..not contribute to the ugliness...
[snapback]380988[/snapback]​

That's true. Unfortunately, however, most designers interpret 'beauty' as pink chiffon with butterflies and flowers floating about. There are beautiful elements in this Prada show. But a lot of it really challenges notions of pretty and ugly, fashionable and unfashionable. At least that's how I see it. Right now, I'm just grateful for anyone that's not doing boring ladylike blahness. Maybe my standards are too low? :unsure:

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Sep 30 2004, 01:14 PM
Maybe my standards are too low? :unsure:
[snapback]381008[/snapback]​

I don't think so. And I truly wish you'd post in "What you are wearing today" thread :flower: .

blah blah blah...i'm sure that going to the show with the huge video screens was very moving...which contributes to the positive reviews...but i have never seen such beautiful women look so incredibly bad...so how do you think 'real' women are gonna look in this stuff...

and sure...it's a simple suede blazer to throw over jeans...well...excuse me...but why wouldn't i buy that same blazer at H&M or ann taylor for a FRACTION of the price???...it's just nonsense...

and of course she had to make an about face...so that all the stuff everyone has been spending fortune on will look completely dated and they will have to run out to buy new stuff... so rude...really...

well...not me...i'm not a victim...and i'm not jumping on the prada train...i've got my own direction i'm moving in ...thank you...and i'm heading towards limi fieu...

lalallalalalalllalalalalala.....*happily skips away...*

Originally posted by faust@Sep 30 2004, 01:27 PM
I don't think so. And I truly wish you'd post in "What you are wearing today" thread :flower: .
[snapback]381029[/snapback]​

i've asked as well...she's all shy and stuff... :P :innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 30 2004, 01:27 PM
blah blah blah...i'm sure that going to the show with the huge video screens was very moving...which contributes to the positive reviews...but i have never seen such beautiful women look so incredibly bad...so how do you think 'real' women are gonna look in this stuff...

and sure...it's a simple suede blazer to throw over jeans...well...excuse me...but why wouldn't i buy that same blazer at H&M or ann taylor for a FRACTION of the price???...it's just nonsense...

and of course she had to make an about face...so that all the stuff everyone has been spending fortune on will look completely dated and they will have to run out to buy new stuff... so rude...really...

well...not me...i'm not a victim...and i'm not jumping on the prada train...i've got my own direction i'm moving in ...thank you...and i'm heading towards limi fieu...

[snapback]381030[/snapback]​

couldnt have said it better :wink:

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 30 2004, 11:27 AM

Oh please, just becuas she is changing her style dosn't make her rude :rolleyes:

I liek the shapes, i don't really see the 'ugly' , but i like things most people call ugly, so i don't knows, seems fresh to me

I love the the feather prints, the crochet is nice to

but isn't this always the case with prada basics? and we all know that prada subsists on girls who prefer the $400 camisole to the $30 one and the $600 pump to the $150. it is a brand for the conspicuous consumer; i think she's re-establishing that. so unique that it's immediately recognizable as a prada piece, but still functional.

Originally posted by Mettchen@Sep 30 2004, 12:44 PM
i like a lot of it but i must admit that i find all of the hats to be pure uglyness - they're horrible! :sick:
[snapback]380907[/snapback]​

You took the words out of my mouth.

:doh: i like some pieces...but not impressed

i am still on the fence about the accesories...not sure about the high heeled thick sandals...love the low heel pumps...love the necklaces...and not not sure about the bags

I like the 'about-face' that she did. That red dress w/ plunging neckline on Carmen Kass with those clunky yellow sandals seems almost charming in a way; it's put together but not so perfect. These are girls who grab your attention for a different reason, maybe not all the right reasons but sometimes those people can be more interesting. Prada is just massaging a different part of the psyche, the intellect maybe? It's being provocative in a sense by asking what's left if women eliminate what society finds attractive, visually pleasing...how should people respond to the clunkiness, pale skin, almost lifeless hair, all those things that are big no-no's, anti Paris Hilton...

But then at the end of the day, it's just styling, it looks like it can be taken apart to one's taste.

Wow, saw the whole collection. It was kind of Woodstock '69 meets early 90's grunge......not a good thing. What the hell was with the rediculous hats????

its growing on me...want the T-bar sandals in lilac suede & one of the bags with geometric designs on it...im really starting to like it :heart: :wacko: :P

Originally posted by mikeijames@Sep 30 2004, 03:17 PM
but isn't this always the case with prada basics? and we all know that prada subsists on girls who prefer the $400 camisole to the $30 one and the $600 pump to the $150. it is a brand for the conspicuous consumer; i think she's re-establishing that. so unique that it's immediately recognizable as a prada piece, but still functional.
[snapback]381151[/snapback]​

:P and isn't that why it doesn't appeal to me and my basic problem with it???... :lol:

and how about this lovely swan neck number...hmmm...bjork anyone???

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by datura001@Sep 30 2004, 05:19 PM
how should people respond to the clunkiness, pale skin, almost lifeless hair, all those things that are big no-no's, anti Paris Hilton...
[snapback]381286[/snapback]​
Sounds like Paris to me. :huh:

That Daria girl looks like she needs medical attention.

Yeah iread the WWD art today. They loved the collection. So New York may be on board with this one. I do not know how I feel about it yet.

:lol:

Originally posted by datura001@Sep 30 2004, 11:19 PM
I like the 'about-face' that she did.

These are girls who grab your attention for a different reason, maybe not all the right reasons but sometimes those people can be more interesting. Prada is just massaging a different part of the psyche, the intellect maybe? It's being provocative in a sense by asking what's left if women eliminate what society finds attractive, visually pleasing...how should people respond to the clunkiness, pale skin, almost lifeless hair, all those things that are big no-no's, anti Paris Hilton...

But then at the end of the day, it's just styling
[snapback]381286[/snapback]​

i so agree, this is a fresh collection just becuase she's not been confronting even her own standards. Of course the hats are daed silly and the swan dress is a deja vu.. at least she's not falling in Milano's current pastel satin sugar bowl, she goes her own way, she's daring and conceptual and this i much respect.

ps* i'd much prefer to adopt her summer menswear than her womenswear (if i had the money to burn-which i dont)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barba
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->