Prada S/S 2020 Milan

Honestly? I quite like it, I find it heterogeneous with very interesting pieces. Finally something that a good stylist can use to create interesting looks. The leather and printed pieces are my fav.

Finally! A real good and fresh Prada collection!
It’s really a great collection and a great return to form for Miuccia! I love the simplicity and how strong everything is without having to shout about it!

I love the white blouse worn with the blue velvet skirt, all the looks with the knitted polo shirt, the amazing orange coat in twill...

That being said...Is it still styled by Rizzo? This collection gives me huge JWA for Loewe vibes...Particularly the flowy dresses with the hats. They reminds me of the collection with Gisele in the campaign.

And I find the line up and the whole progression of the show so Benjamin Bruno! Did he styled this?

Overall I am liking it. I need to see the runway video later today and add more comments afterwards.

Nothing groundbreaking but overall the collection felt like a breath of fresh air, after the last season of dark, armor-like pieces.
I loved the breezy, elongated silhouette, starting with the first look on Freja, it brought my memory back to some mid-nineties Prada looks but here they were rebooted and given new life thanks to the exquisite fabric choices.

Still, I sense some urgent work needs to be done on the bag department, not a single style really stood out, many of them were just archive pieces tweaked just so: being Prada, I guess this in an issue.

Feels very Benjamin Bruno indeed, which is great. Hopefully it's a new beginning.

Horribly basic.

It’s just her Miu Miu circa 94 mixed with Prada staples from past collections— including those awful patina multi-colour loafers and throw on some Marc Jacob vintage-y blazers, and topped off with those floppy patchwork hats that need to stay in 1992. Everything's so dull and pedestrian.

I guess she doesn't want to make the slightest of effort these days, and just wants to blend in with these bland times.

Nothing groundbreaking but overall the collection felt like a breath of fresh air, after the last season of dark, armor-like pieces.
I loved the breezy, elongated silhouette, starting with the first look on Freja, it brought my memory back to some mid-nineties Prada looks but here they were rebooted and given new life thanks to the exquisite fabric choices.

Still, I sense some urgent work needs to be done on the bag department, not a single style really stood out, many of them were just archive pieces tweaked just so: being Prada, I guess this in an issue.
It’s weird isn’t it...
The clothes were good but what the majority is actually going to buy was boring and disposable...

And I forgot to mention how great Miuccia looked once again. She is always the highlight of her shows...

The clothes were good but what the majority is actually going to buy was boring and disposable...

This is the subject of another thread but it's the crucial quandary that all major designers, and no one more so than Miuccia Prada, face sooner or later: they can produce idiosyncratic, envelope-pushing ideas just to a point, after which they somehow have to censor themselves in order to make themselves understood by a global, generic audience and stay competitive in today's market.

And Phoebe, my guess is, left when she felt she had reached that point...

Finally! A real good and fresh Prada collection!
It’s really a great collection and a great return to form for Miuccia! I love the simplicity and how strong everything is without having to shout about it!

I love the white blouse worn with the blue velvet skirt, all the looks with the knitted polo shirt, the amazing orange coat in twill...

That being said...Is it still styled by Rizzo? This collection gives me huge JWA for Loewe vibes...Particularly the flowy dresses with the hats. They reminds me of the collection with Gisele in the campaign.

And I find the line up and the whole progression of the show so Benjamin Bruno! Did he styled this?

THIS 100%

I assume it was styled by Olivier as that relationship is pretty tied up but perhaps not. Perhaps that's why it's so much better?

It’s better.

It will take a long time for me to forgive her for the Frankenstein atrocities of last season. A long time.

But this isn’t bad. And I agree, that this looks like Benjamin Bruno styling...which would be nice after years of botched Rizzo collections.

I really think Prada would benefit from scaling down the production of the shows...it would be really beneficial I think to go back to the pre-2006 sets...which was no set at all, basically. I think these clothes would look better in a more intimate setting, to be honest.

Honestly one of my favourite collections so far. Just lovely and fresh and simple. Lot of things I would love to have.

This is the subject of another thread but it's the crucial quandary that all major designers, and no one more so than Miuccia Prada, face sooner or later: they can produce idiosyncratic, envelope-pushing ideas just to a point, after which they somehow have to censor themselves in order to make themselves understood by a global, generic audience and stay competitive in today's market.

And Phoebe, my guess is, left when she felt she had reached that point...

I was talking about the accessories. I think the footwear and bags were disposable.

What you’re talking about is totally valid but I think the Prada narrative has always been different. To her credit, she has never done « easy inspirations »...But now you makes me think about how the Banana collection could be seen as controversial today (there were dresses with monkeys I think in the collection).

For those wondering, Rizzo is still the stylist.

Don't think I've loved a Prada collection this much since Fall 2013!

One of my favorites of the season so far.

What happened to him :lol::lol:

I think it has to do more with the whole collection and the clothes than the styling itself. I mean, you can't f*ck up and make your usual overstyled mess when the clothes and the accessories were not made for that. I find it quite easy and commercial, so he has to create an image that would look believable.

I really like this collection. Very archive-y, but very modern at the same time. I hope she continues down this path even in the menswear collection because I would love to shop at Prada again!

What I dislike, however, is the set design. This collection should have been presented in a very simple environment. It feels as if she had been unsure about the clothes so she threw in something distracting to overcompensate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->