Prada S/S 2022 Milan & Shanghai

Not that I absolutely hate this, but this is just not on the level. Too simple and lacks effort to justify the Prada price tag. If it was priced near Zadig & Voltaire or Sandro - this is acceptable, but definitely not for Prada. It is so tame and restrained that it is hard to hate or love, so sterile. Raf and Miuccia are way up in their as*es, the "intellectual" approach is definitely went into overthinking here, and the "conversations" don't add. Prada is THE ego-booster house right now, not Gucci, Balenciaga or Bottega.

LOL Prada just couldn't seem to find the balance these days: Miuccia and Raf either overdesigned or demonstrate insipidity. Those skirts with train remind me of toilet paper sticking out of one's underwear. And what's with the thrift-store looking leather jackets? They look so unrefined.

It was such a repetitive show! It was worse than J.W.Anderson at the beginning of his career, literally they had three looks repeated so many times that I lost interest very quickly. Also, it was quite unrecognizable, wasn't it? I would never say that this collection is Prada's, despite having silk shift dresses and triangles all over the place. You can tell that something is wrong there because the clothes are extremely basic, as if the budged had been consumed by staging two shows simultaneously. Minimum cost and maximum gain anyone?

What I liked about this collection was the feeling of sexiness. There were fantastic pieces such as the grey sweater on Mica. However, one silhouette is not enough to save a trainwreck, especially when you overkill with the fabric leftovers at the back. It reminded me of dragging toilet paper that can be seen in cheap comedies as a gag. That was the stupidest thing I've seen this season, such a pointless detail.

can I have this time back please? where do I sign?

a line up of the ugliest leather jackets I’ve seen, silk ill-fitted dresses and tops, boring sweaters and mini-skirts with tails (???)

I must say the red dress on Lexi was a highlight and a surprise and so were the olive green and red short dresses (with shorts underneath).
not sure there were more as at some point I couldn’t focus because it was sooooo boring.
why didn’t they build up around these?

you can broadcast a live show from Uranus, have high tech table seats for your audience and a cool electro soundtrack and you STILL won’t be able to hide how uninspired this collection feels.

did it really take TWO BRAINS to come up with thisss?

and in the end you see Miuccia coming out, looking so chic AS ALWYAS and one (ME) thinks:

WOMAN look at yourself in the mirror again that’s what we want!!!

pity. Prada used to be great.

It doesn't just look terrible, it moves terrible.
So dull, I actually skipped to the end for the final walk.

I'll take nada, please. I still don't understand why Miuccia needed Raf? The collections rapidly become worse with each season since he joined the house. Does it really sell better with Raf on the team? I don't see it. So unneccessary, I can't believe that this is the same person who designed those early Dior collections...

I don't hate this but... it's so dull. I still can't believe two of my favorite designers got together and haven't delivered a single truly exciting thing yet.

The collection feels endless, I feel like I'm watching a loop video. But they need to stop bombarding us with that triangle logos on every single garment.

The collection is simply too long. If you don't have enough new ideas for your collection just edit them and condense them to make a more impactful collection. We don't need to see the same silhouettes in 30+ looks.

Some of the constructions of the jackets are so questionable, was there no budget for draping this season. The trains on most dresses are badly constructed, they barely hanging on the dresses. But I know Prada long enough to know that those pieces are never gonna make it to the stores. They only sell triangle logos and accessories anyway.

I only like two dresses. The black dress on Selena and the yellow version of that. Those two are the most Prada thing about the collection.

Miuccia still looks good, as always. Because she has taste. Raf needs to look at her and question himself that if she wears any of the clothes that he designed. Prada is always center around Miuccia so if the clothes no longer have her spirit in them anymore, they are just empty to me.

I actually like this collection a lot and I have not been the most fond of Raf Simons at Prada. I found the simplicity (in some of the clothes, accessories, and hair/makeup of the models) rather refreshing--especially compared to the past Prada x Raf women's collections.

I don’t hate this…
But I don’t like it either.

In fact, I think it’s a good collection to be inspired by but not to buy. The mix of colors is good and I think there’s something in the styling that can Inspire me for my everyday looks.

But the bags were good! Those are the only items to buy IMO.

If I want a satin skirt, I can go buy some satin and have them made by a seamstress. We can find simple sweaters everywhere and I think patent leather slingbacks won’t be that hard to find next season at the best shoe makers shops.

The presentation was maybe the weirdest thing. I mean, in Shanghai, they had the show without the designers. What’s the point?

But I know Prada long enough to know that those pieces are never gonna make it to the stores.

THIS.
But I don’t think they have huge pre-orders so they always have a beyond small selection of runway stuff.

The presentation was maybe the weirdest thing. I mean, in Shanghai, they had the show without the designers. What’s the point?
Due to business and very good PR move in China. China still has very strick travel policy. Nowadays, it is too much complicated organized then few months later show with Europen/USA models in Asia. Dirty secret modeling world, a lot used travel visa when they traveled to Asia for work. Work visa is very hard to obtain to modeling job.

Did anyone else notice how ridiculous all of the influencers looked wearing the full fw2021 outfits? Jesus Christ.
Yep, they was costumed, but the clothes look bad due to used inappropriate fabric to this kind of clothes pattern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->