Preen A/w 2004

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
Can't say that I'm entirely crazy about this. Do like the patchwork knit dress here...

I like the trousers and again the patchworking is the best thing going on here

a little Balenciaga-esque some of these clothes

last one

rest can be seen at vogue.co.uk :flower:

:heart: I agree I really liked the deconstructed knits, btu teh rest was kind of boring. :unsure:

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Feb 18th, 2004 - 8:49 pm
:heart: I agree I really liked the deconstructed knits, btu teh rest was kind of boring. :unsure:
I agree too :P

I really like it. However, the last three looks are totally Balenciaga. I hate to see high-end designers ripping off other high-end designers. It's so pathetic.

I saw some up-close photos after posting these and I must say much better than what Vogue had to offer. It actually looks quite good craft-wise. However, they seem to be going in a really subtle,these clothes have no life,kind of direction. Complete opposite of Kokosalaki.

Chicks*,I agree. Not only that,there's also some apparent V&R influences in regards to the tailoring and the multi-layering in those coats and jackets.

A bit blah, but there's something about the black coats that has me liking

100127440.jpg
100127435.jpg

Ditto, chick. I quite like the collection and I see both V&R and Ghesquiere there (and a few more designers) but I hate it when.. as you said earlier. :flower:

Preen recently, in past collections, has been using ideas of avant-garde designers in their collections (last spring it was Helmut Lang) so it was no surprise they used ideas of V&R and, most notably, Nicolas Ghesquiere in this one. Though I don't like idea of high-end designers ripping-off other high-end designers they're smart, commercial-wise, going into this direction. This is so because they make these clothes from avant-garde designers desirable and more wearable for the average consumer who knows nothing about fashion.

I did like the knits. :unsure:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Feb 19th, 2004 - 2:56 am
that black coat is :o perfect!

i like all their coats

didnt see the whole collection yet but
i was seriously expecting more from Preen,
could be the just the use of this venue,
but the atmosphere reminded me of Sophia's past collections

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Feb 19th, 2004 - 7:30 am
A bit blah, but there's something about the black coats that has me liking

100127440.jpg
100127435.jpg