Preen by Thornton Bregazzi Pre-Fall 2015

marcBarna

Reaction score
By Nina Jones
Designers Justin Thornton and Thea Bregazzi always pack a wealth of references into their Preen collections, and their touchstones ran from Faye Dunaway in the Seventies to images of Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love in the Nineties. The duo took those disparate ideas and worked them into clothes that telegraphed a laid-back, modern femininity. “We like retro inspiration, but we never want the collection to look retro,” Bregazzi said. To stamp that sense of modernity onto the lineup, the designers played with the notion of “casual dressed up,” said Thornton, as in an oversize gray cashmere sweater embellished with large red paillettes laid over a check pattern. A fitted red lace dress featured sporty details, notably a plastic zipper at the waist that turned the dress into a top and skirt. And a series of long, voluminous shirtdresses had a Seventies feel in silhouettes, but were done in fabrics such as a blue, red and white plaid jacquard that recalled the grunge wardrobe of the Cobain era.

wwd.com

Marthe!:blush:

Erhm sorry. Yeah great collection? I guess Im distracted by the cast.

This is very chic! Gorgeous styling, gorgeous colour palette :heart:

Out of all the pre-fall collections I've seen this season, this one is by far my favorite. I think all the pieces are covetable and if I were a girl I'd want it all, an updated-classics wardrobe with a touch of athletic. That opening pailette-embroidered sweater would be killer with a pair of skinny jeans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->