Princess of Lamballe

Sensibility

Reaction score
lamballe-miniature.jpg

The mystery that surrounds this woman always has fascinated me.​

The Death of Princess of Lamballe by Fauvre.

British Art Museum

She was really beutiful, i love her innocent expression and her charming smile. Her death was really horrible; Lamballe Princess is my favourite aristocrat from that century:

Christie´s

Queen Marie Antoinette and Princess Marie Thèrese of Lamballe were closed friends with an horrible destinity.

I love all these painting with lovely dresses,sensibility.Can you please tell more about her life?I am interested...

G,

Marie Therese Louise of Savoia-Carignano, Princesse of Lamballe (1749-1792), married Louis Stanislas, Prince of Lamballe (1747-68) and brother of Louise Marie Adélaïde de Penthièvre (the future Duchess of Chartres) on 1767: she was left widow only a year after her wedding, at the age of 19 became a close friend of Marie Antoinette. She had been appointed Superintendent to the Queen's House and she was always devoted to the sovereign. On 3rd September 1792 she returned to France from England to stay near to the Royal family, but she was killed; her body was lacerated and her head stuck on a spike, was shown to Marie Antoinette from the Temple's window where the Queen was incarcerated.

690786_orig.jpg

I think the wikipedia will explain you much better than me. It is based in the History of France so you´ll know a lot of important and interesting details.

Take a look here:

Biography of Princess of Lamballe.

Principality of Lamballe.

Her secret diary.

A interesting bio avaiable in AMAZON.

The dieth of Princess of Lamballe.

Lovely idea for a thread, and such beautiful gowns :flower:

Here's a modest start, a pic of Mary Nigh as Lambelle in the 2006 film Marie-Antoinette. The costumes Milena Canonero created for Lambelle and the Duchess of Polignac (played by Rose Byrne) were beautiful and suited their characters so well

source costumersguide.com

Attachments

• Lamballe gown Becoming Jane on Eliza de Feuillide.jpg
    Lamballe gown Becoming Jane on Eliza de Feuillide.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1
Dear, I was looking for the actress´name! Thank you so much for this pic, I am in love of that time and costume:smile:

I love these dresses!
Sensibility,thanks for all the information!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->