Pringle of Scotland S/S 2011: Freya Mavor by Walter Pfeiffer

style_expert

Reaction score

Pringle of Scotland prefers to pick its own countrywomen for its ad campaigns—see the previous Ryan McGinley-lensed Tilda Swinton shots for proof. For Spring 2011, the label tapped the Scottish actress Freya Mavor, who stars in the cult-adored English TV series Skins. (Think of it as a U.K. Gossip Girl: The show, which also helped to launch the career of best-dressed bloke of 2010 Nicholas Hoult, is a raunchy, sex-filled teen drama—one that MTV is adapting for American audiences this season.) The ads were shot by renowned photographer Walter Pfeiffer, working on his first-ever global campaign for a fashion brand. He’s Swiss—but the Scots can’t have ‘em all.

style.com

Well this is...different. I kinda like it though.

Well, the only thing that's missing from the first picture is a lake of blood under the girl's head! Lol!
On a serious note though, it's certainly something unusual but it looks a little amature-ish.

Exactly, it's a very unfriendly-looking floor to be lounging around on, or maybe it's a murder mystery.

Glad they're off Tilda Swinton now, though I love her, she somehow aged the clothes and the clothes somehow aged her.

it looks... odd

and i hate all those Terry Richardson wannabes. one is enough, FFS.

i'm not a fan of pfeiffer's photography, and this time is no exception. the clothes look okay, though.

i kinda like it. who is this girl? i mean i know her name, is she a model?

^ the info is on the first post.

Looks nice, I was hoping POS would stay on the more severe, "Panos" direction it was going only a couple of seasons ago but I'm still pleased with the result, I only find it a bit strange that they used an actress whose show hasn't even aired.. she's definitely model-ish but it's the kind of face viewers need to associate with something in order to react to it. The show should be airing around Spring so I guess it makes sense.. :glare:

This is rather horrible. I have no idea who the model/photographer are and this looks like a university project gone wrong.

My first thought was "where's Tilda?!", an actress from Skins seems like a bit of an odd choice.

Not sure how I feel about this... Freya is an extremely beautiful girl and this campaign looks a little like pseudo-Terry Richardson. It might look better in print, though.

Menswear :lol::heart:

18901610150114813587665.jpg
19642710150114813567665.jpg

Pringle of Scotland

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burgerdays
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"