Prison Chic

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Astrid21, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

Interesting. :shock: I actually kind of like the briefcases. :blush: I would never buy it though.

2. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

Wow! great article Astrid. very interesting idea, what will they do with all the profit?

3. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

hmm well its good that they creat jobs for tehas people but honestly I would never buy something made by criminals , would feel very strange.

4. LolitaLuxe

LolitaLuxe Vision of Paradise

:eek: interesting indeed....... :ninja:

i kind of like the idea -its unusual :ninja: :shock: i mean everyone knows the gap and so many others use sweatshops. why not prisoners? it is a bit strange to think who is making your clothes....a killer or car theif :shock:

:doh:

5. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

its a cool idea and supposedly it's already hyped in Germany.
    Prisoners need money and projects to keep them going while serving time -better spending their time sewing and designing than planing their next crime if you get my point.
    Personaly i dont mind wearing 'social awareness' products, but those first try is not for me.

good to see they are very reasonably priced ;)

thanks for taking the time Astrid :flower:

6. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

My opinion is that prisoners should be punished. :lol: Making clothes and giving them something to do is too much of luxury that they don't deserve. :innocent:

7. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

You're welcome, Lena. :flower:

8. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

i feel its punishment enough just to serve time, keeping prisoners busy is taking their mind off crime and gives them some skill they can actually use when their term is over.

reformed prisoners is all we need, or else they might always go back to what they know best... :angry: crime :(

9. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

I just think prisoners are a little too pampered in some prisons. They are there to be punished and scorned; rather than have cable tv and making clothes. :neutral: You would think it should be so bad that they don't want to go back. My right-wingness is starting to come out. :blush: :lol:

Agree to disagree. :flower: :heart:

10. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

out in BC Canada they have some prisons that are practically better than my life! They have a golf course and all live in these little houses and you can actually walk off the grounds and stuff and people work at the canteen. I think certain punishment is necessary but people must be forgiven of their wrongs and people can reform.

11. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

bien sure cherie ;) :flower:

12. estevairevana

estevairevana New Member

The clothes should be distributed back into "the public" at no or slight cost to "the public".

13. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

I agree with lena it is very important that we reform prisoners and not just punish them , becuas punishment just creats resentment and that makes anger and and anger makes crime.....

14. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

I have to agree with Lena and Spacemiu that we should reform prisoners not punish.They will be optimistic too, you know? :)

About the clothes well if they are nice and good quality why not? but the fact that prisoners made it, it might be a little weird but then again you don't who made your YSL or Comme coat, they might not be prisoners but they might do evil things, too? :huh:

15. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

I could go on about this forever. ;) Like I said, we'll have to agree to disagree. :lol:

16. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

There's a bit of difference. These other people making your YSL or Comme coat are not being herded away from society because they did something terribly wrong. Sure (almost) everyone does something slightly evil sometimes, but to compare them to prisoners? :ermm:

17. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

There's a bit of difference. These other people making your YSL or Comme coat are not being herded away from society because they did something terribly wrong. Sure (almost) everyone does something slightly evil sometimes, but to compare them to prisoners? :ermm: [/b][/quote]
    Yes most of them are not prisoners for a reason , most of them are odl ladys to.

:p

18. charlottesometimes

charlottesometimes retro queen

Interesting article Astrid, thanks! :flower:

I would like to see the profits go to the victims/families of victims of crime.

19. Astrid21

Astrid21 New Member

Wonderful idea, Charlotte! :idea:

20. LLaura

LLaura New Member

I like this idea! For homeless people!