Proactiv

fashionista16 said:
hey i have a question for you guys who have used it... did it clear up your scars at all? if it did how long did it take? because i have quite a few since ive had acne since i was 12 so its been a while...

not one bit,but them, i only used it 2 months, two months too long!!!:angry:

ill post a kit that does help with both pockmarks and hyperpigmentation in a lil bit, im too lazy right now, sorry!!!:blush:

:doh: Ugh.!! I hate Proactiv. It did absolutely nothing for me. And the cleanser was way to harsh to use twice a day.That's the last time i'll ever trust anything Jessica Simpson recommends..

Tatika said:
not one bit,but them, i only used it 2 months, two months too long!!!:angry:

ill post a kit that does help with both pockmarks and hyperpigmentation in a lil bit, im too lazy right now, sorry!!!:blush:

hehe, yea thats cool, i can wait, i have a cover up im gettin for now from clinique. but thanks in advance for your suggestions:blush:

Proactiv didn't work for me. I imagine it works for some people, but everyone's skin is different...

I had to use accutane to clear up my acne. It's not the perfect solution, but it worked for me!

I use Proactiv and although it doesn't make my skin perfect, it's a large improvement on how it was before. And I used to use like 4 drugstore face creams so it ended up being only a little bit more money than using all the creams. Plus the creams used to dry out my face and now my skin doesn't dry out at least.

When I first used it though, it really irritated my skin but it only lasted for about a week.

As long as I use a thick enough concealer my skin looks almost flawless.

fashionista16 said:
hehe, yea thats cool, i can wait, i have a cover up im gettin for now from clinique. but thanks in advance for your suggestions:blush:

ok, sorry i took so long fashionista!! but heres the info...I REALLY suggest you use this-GREAT stuff; it helps with the red marks as well as the pock marks/craters left from acne.....

its a drugstore brand; its sold in any Jewel/osco,walgreens,eckerd, CVS, etc in your area. Its by a company called University Medical
the bottles look like the attached picture- thats the kit you need to buy.

Or, you can go to thier website; www.universitymedical.com to purchase it. Its only about $20.00-and an excellent investement in my humble opinion...:innocent:
hope this helps you fashionista!!! much luck!:flower:

(picture from www.universitymedical.com)

Tatika said:
ok, sorry i took so long fashionista!! but heres the info...I REALLY suggest you use this-GREAT stuff; it helps with the red marks as well as the pock marks/craters left from acne.....

its a drugstore brand; its sold in any Jewel/osco,walgreens,eckerd, CVS, etc in your area. Its by a company called University Medical
the bottles look like the attached picture- thats the kit you need to buy.

Or, you can go to thier website; www.universitymedical.com to purchase it. Its only about $20.00-and an excellent investement in my humble opinion...:innocent:
hope this helps you fashionista!!! much luck!:flower:

(picture from www.universitymedical.com)

oooh see there may be a probelm cuz i live in canada, ill check in shoppers drug marta nd the other stores we have, but im not sure if we have it, but thank you soooo much for that, if i find it i willl most definitely try it. :D

I have really really sensitive/oily skin and I don't know if Proactiv would be too rough on it. It's currently pretty red, and I have big pores. I was thinking of using it as more of a skincare line.

Right now I use Cetaphil cleanser in the morning/evening followed by an acne cream from the derm, Duac in the morning, Differin at night. And then a regular facial lotion..Cetaphil or Aveeno Calming if it's really red.

It worked wonderously for me at first. I had such clear skin! It was a little bit drying at first, though I don't have sensitive skin. But slowly over about a year it stopped working.

So I switched to other products, even trying new techniques. I thought, maybe I was just applying proactiv wrong. So I went back and tried it again differently, only to break out immediately.

I confused me though. It's based on benzoyl peroxide, right? You're not supposed to become used to it. But not all BP products work for everyone, so there must be other ingredients in Proactiv that you can become immune to.

Now I'm in search of other products again. I'm using Cetaphil, which is pretty good for my oily skin. I also just started using Neutrogena's Rapid Clear spot gel, which is really neat. Also, Oxy Chill Factor works really good. I just hope that once I find the right stuff, it doesn't stop working again. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
oooh, that sux about ur sitch Pavement hope you find something that works. you should try biore, i ha oliy skin too and b4 i used proactiv that worked really well.

ShuggaStiletto said:
I have really really sensitive/oily skin and I don't know if Proactiv would be too rough on it. It's currently pretty red, and I have big pores. I was thinking of using it as more of a skincare line.

Right now I use Cetaphil cleanser in the morning/evening followed by an acne cream from the derm, Duac in the morning, Differin at night. And then a regular facial lotion..Cetaphil or Aveeno Calming if it's really red.

ooh you probably shouldnt use a whole bunch of different brands, a derm told me that it was bad for your skin. i think that proactiv should work for your skin. i think it would really help it a lot actually, you should try it and see if it works, i know it doesnt work for everyone, but you never knwo until you try.

I'd reccomend trying it shuggastilitteo. Although Proactiv instructs you to use it twice a day, try using it only once a day first and later twice a day if it's not strong enough. I began by using it twice a day and it irritated and really dried out my skin. Now, I use it once a day and my skin is not irritated or dried out at all and feels really healthy.

BAH...I dont think you should use it shuggastilletos, i have skin like yours, maybe a mite less sensitive...buti tried it once a day everyother day and my forehead, around my nose add under my chin started to get red and hot and it peeled...i use a product from this compoany.... www.skintactix.com, really good for me, and they have a kit especially for sensitive skin. maybe you should check it out...andits less expensive than proactive...hehehe...

fashionista16 said:
oooh see there may be a probelm cuz i live in canada, ill check in shoppers drug marta nd the other stores we have, but im not sure if we have it, but thank you soooo much for that, if i find it i willl most definitely try it. :D

hows the search gone?

I have been using proactive for a few years...I think it only works if you do the three step regimen twice a day religiously...and I don't so I still get acne. It is a bit of a hassle and costs a lot but it works if you have the patience and discipline

I've never tried it but alot of people recommend this. I just use Clean&Clear Active Clear, cheap and effective!

I have had Proactiv for probably 3 weeks and I use it once or twice a day and the refining mask a couple times a week.....what is strange though is I am noticing my face is oily, especially right when I wake up, and I never used to have oily skin :blink: ....but anyway right now my skin looks overall better, but I still am getting new blemishes!:angry: so I hope it will just work better the more I use it, but so far it's a good start

SoRandom said:
I have been using proactive for a few years...I think it only works if you do the three step regimen twice a day religiously...and I don't so I still get acne. It is a bit of a hassle and costs a lot but it works if you have the patience and discipline

so do you never get to stop usoing proactiv? or dou just keep using it beacause you want to? i mean i judt dont want to ahve to keep using it forever to keep my skin clear you know? ive been using it for about 4 or 5 months and my skin was clear last month but then it got really hot and the sn mad eme break out all over again and now it kind clear but not liek before, youd think it would have cleared up by now but... srry rambling, but please let me know... thank you

fashionandstyle1 said:
I have had Proactiv for probably 3 weeks and I use it once or twice a day and the refining mask a couple times a week.....what is strange though is I am noticing my face is oily, especially right when I wake up, and I never used to have oily skin :blink: ....but anyway right now my skin looks overall better, but I still am getting new blemishes!:angry: so I hope it will just work better the more I use it, but so far it's a good start

i notice thats happening to me too...but as you go further into treatment, ur skins oil production evens out...i guess thats how it protects itself from soaps that strip it of the bad oil?:blink: i dont use proactiv tho...hehehehe

I used the 3 step system...and all 3...um

each burned and itched the hell out of me every time I rubbed it on my face...I have eczema, I guess that was why...But I didn't use it for that, but for the pimples and scales from so many cosmetics I tried. It did work really good, but the bumps came back everytime I applied large amounts of makeup. It burned my face so bad I had to mix it with water so it wouldn't be so harsh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->