Product Reccomendations

• Thread starter Deleted member 112751
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 112751

Personal Makeup Recommendations

I thought I'd start this thread because personally I'm hopeless at finding suitable makeup products for myself and thought I'd see if anyone out there had good recommendations based on my complexion and coloring. I always tend to pick out things that do nothing really to enhance my look - and I'm sure there are others out there like me that would love some advice from some of you beauty gurus!

So here's me - pale w/ brown hair and hazel eyes. I have a hard time w/ eyeliner because it always seems to wear off or smudge - so any good recs. for that would be awesome.
cropped.jpg

me8.jpg

I'm pale with brown hair and eyes, and the only eyeliners I use are the L'oreal Le Kohl and Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Espresso Ink. The L'oreal one is decent; smudges eventually but I might get better wear if I could be bothered to wear a primer. Since I rarely wear black kohl, I haven't tried to find a better one. I adore the BB gel liner- the color is dark enough to emphasize without being a harsh black on my pale skin. The deep brown looks much more natural on my skin. On me, it stays all day without smudging, and I've never used a primer with it. Definitely try it if you can!
be advised too that i don't line my waterline, so i can't comment on how these products work there.

Hi Sloane! We seem to have quite similar colouring/complexions, so hopefully I can help out with some suggestions!

Creme Blush: MAC in Ladyblush (darker natural pink), Becca Lip & Cheek Creme in Rosebud (soft pink), Stila Convertible Colour in Gerbera (peach/apricot)

Powder Blush: MAC Mineralize in Dainty (pink), Estee Lauder in Peach Nuance (peach)

Eyeshadow: MAC Blanc Type (neutral beige), MAC Naked Lunch (champagne), Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Recess (beige)

Eyeliner: Lancome Le Crayon Khol in Noir

Mascara: Lancome Hypnose in Noir

Liquid Highlighter: Benefit High Beam (soft pink/silver), Benefit Girl Meets Pearl (goldish bronze)

Lips: Lanolips in Rhubarb, MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner in Petting Pink

Great recommendations....! I'm already excited to check them out :smile:

I always use the Tony Moly gel eyeliner..it's the best one I've tried so far. I don't like using liquid eyeliner because if it comes in contact with water it starts to run and pensil eyeliner usually smudge.
I put the tony moly gel liner on the back of my hand one morning when I was doing my makeup and it stayed there the whole day, and I wash my hands with soap at least 5 times at work and put on hand lotion, but it's not hard to remove when I use a makeup remover^^ Also I was pretty cheap since I bought it in Korea :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
My favourites (I'm very pale, have blue eyes and dyed light brown hair, but I'm actually a blonde:(

Liquid foundation: Diorskin Nude in 10

Powder foundation: Estée Lauder Double wear powder foundation in 2N2 Fresco

Setting powder: Chanel Poudre Universelle libre in Clair

Blush: Estée Lauder in Peach Nuance
Clinique Fresh Bloom all-over colour in Peony
and possibly one of my new favourites: MAC blushcreme in ladyblush

Eyeshadow: MAC e/s in Shroom, Copperplate and Club
Eyeshadow base: MAC paint pot in Painterly

Mascara: Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen feather collection in black for long, natural lashes
Diorshow Extase for more impact

Lips: Chanel Glossimer in Petit Pêche, Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle
Shiseido Automatic Lip Crayon in LC2

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh...I've heard good things about Rouge Coco. Completely forgot to check that one out. I've ordered some MAC products - including the MAC blushcreme in ladyblush and the Bobbi Brown gel liner. I also may try out the Tony Moly eyeliner if the BB doesn't work out. Do you guys ever do a red lip? I want to maybe try one out for New Years. But think I'll have to go for a darker shade because normal red tints always wind up looking pinkish on me - because of my natural lip color.

Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation - Porcelain or Warm Ivory

and the BB creamy concealer

So, I wanted some opinions on what the best brands and products are. I'm looking for orange and coral lipsticks, good quality eyeshadow, mascara that works well for people with really short lashes and foundation that won't make my skin oily. I have pale skin, dark brown hair and green/hazel eyes if that makes any difference.

I apologize if there is a thread for this sort of thing- I must have overlooked it.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->