Products Everyone Loves And You Hate!

maarit

paint it black
Reaction score
I'll start:
Great Lash mascara by Maybelline. Total waste, I bet editors are paid to rave about this :angry:

Redken All Soft conditioner. Made my fly-aways stand out, not quite the look I'm going for, thankyouverymuch.

I am not sure if EVERYONE raves about it, but magazines were all over the "Cover Girl Outlast" lipstick when it came out!

The tube contain the color is so smelly and it's just too liquid. It's like putting water on your lips, I have trouble spreading it. And plus, after I wear during around 2 hours, it starts to peel off on some spots of my lips.

It's a really interesting idea (a lipstick that lasts up to 8 hours), but it didn't work!
:(

Chanel Double Pefection Compact
---really the worst powder I've had ever :cry: it does NOT blend with the skin at all, looks way too powdery on even a tiny little bit is applied, do I have chalks on my face or what?! :angry: color selection is lacking, the lightest shade "Vanilla" is the closest to my skin tone among all others but still looks weird when I have it on, my face seems totally lifeless. I thought I was looking at a strange ghost and I wanted to cry :alien: :shock: and it also broke me out, which never happened from any powder I've used in my life! :ninja: ok I've said enough :lol:

can't think of more products for now :rolleyes:

I second the Great Lash-it runs and smears like crazy.

Originally posted by tgp@Jan 1st, 2004 - 10:39 pm
Word on the Great Lash. When I tried it, it flaked so badly that it got into my eyes and on my contact lenses. Ouch! :doh:

YSL's Touche Eclat is NOT a concealer. That's why people don't fall in love with it. It does not provide coverage (maybe a tad) but illuminates and brightens. It's great in conjunction under or over a concealer. Play around with it and see!! :-)

mac lipglass (tinted and clear)
the clear one is sticky as and I can get exactly the same amount of shine from an Armani shine lipgloss (minus the stickyness)

tinted ones give me these ugly white lines on my lips (which i get with no other lipgloss)

Originally posted by Madison77@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 12:01 pm
YSL's Touche Eclat is NOT a concealer. That's why people don't fall in love with it. It does not provide coverage (maybe a tad) but illuminates and brightens. It's great in conjunction under or over a concealer. Play around with it and see!! :-)
Exactly! I am so tired of people thinking that TE is a concealer, when it isn't.

Originally posted by MissPurple@Jan 1st, 2004 - 7:24 pm
---really the worst powder I've had ever :cry: it does NOT blend with the skin at all, looks way too powdery on even a tiny little bit is applied, do I have chalks on my face or what?! :angry: color selection is lacking, the lightest shade "Vanilla" is the closest to my skin tone among all others but still looks weird when I have it on, my face seems totally lifeless. I thought I was looking at a strange ghost and I wanted to cry :alien: :shock: and it also broke me out, which never happened from any powder I've used in my life! :ninja: ok I've said enough :lol:

Wow, really?
I'm sorry that happened to you! :o
Personally, I love the stuff.
What skintype are you?
If you're dry, then that's probably why that happened.

Yes!

All of those magazines and makeup artists who raveraverave that crappy mascara are totally paid to! :angry:

Maybelline Wet Shine lipstick ... it's NOT wet looking, and the tube has barely ANYTHING in it. grr ... haha

Originally posted by brian+Jan 3rd, 2004 - 8:48 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ Jan 3rd, 2004 - 8:48 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-MissPurple@Jan 1st, 2004 - 7:24 pm

Wow, really?
I'm sorry that happened to you! :o
Personally, I love the stuff.
What skintype are you?
If you're dry, then that's probably why that happened. [/b][/quote]
I used to have dry skin, but I do think my skin tends to be combination now.
and I don't think it's a matter of dry skin or not. even when I applied it on my oily or shiny areas, it just "stands" on my skin and looks powdery and unnatural (only very tiny amount was applied, btw). :cry: it just doest NOT bend with the skin! ---haha I know I kept on repeating this :blush:
anyway, it just didn't work for me, I like my Diorskin Compact so much better.

i hate it too and it stings if u cry (which i do at movies alot) i thought i was gona go blind

I agree with the god awful great lash. Versace bronzing powder made me glow orange! yuck

I love...

MAC clear lip gloss.
MAC Mascara X
Clinique tenderheart gloss... looks good on everyone i think.
Shu Uemura Loose Powder
Shu Uemura Water in cake foundation

BeneTint.

I can't get this stuff to to work for me anywhere. On my lips it just looks like I was sucking on a red popsicle and as a blush, forget about it! It looks like somebody smacked me in the face. Even the tiniest little dot of it turns into horrible, Raggedy Annie cheek blotches. I look like a cockatiel with that stuff on me. No love!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->