Products Everyone Loves And You Hate!

Mac lip glass! It looks great but after you take it off my lips get SO DRY
Even primer wont help :blink:

Ditto for the BeneTint. I look like I have rosacea.

And Chanel nude lipliner, way too dark for me. :unsure:

i dont get what all the rant about neutrogena products is all about

practically all of the skincare line dries out your face.......and the moisturisers are just non good

anything thats too flashy and too new....

i always doubt those :unsure:

i rather stick to what mummy used in her younger days as well :innocent:

Originally posted by Acid@Jan 28th, 2004 - 7:12 pm
i dont get what all the rant about neutrogena products is all about

practically all of the skincare line dries out your face.......and the moisturisers are just non good
I had oily skin and Neutrogena was great. I only used the mild one though. :wink:

I would also like to add Cetaphil - DOES NOTHING. :neutral:

totally ditto on the Benetint
a Benefit MUA rubbed it on my cheeks
and i looked so horrible
that she scuttled away in embarassment!

i had to run over to a MAC counter
get the crud off
and cover it up w/ foundation.

blech Benetint!

others include:
- Neutrogena - nothing agrees with me
- Chanel perfumes - cannot stand one single Chanel fragrance
- that Rosebud salve thingy - not necessarily the product - just the packaging - cannot bear to dip my tips in lipbalm and rub on my lips. ugh!
- Fructis - absolutely horrid crap

oh there's more....
i've listed some in the Anti-Brand thread.

for benetint, i think it totally depends on your skin type and color...pale people CANNOT use this product, 3 drops and they look splotchy. My skin is more of a yellow beige warmish color, and i need like 9 drops before any color shows...its one of my favorites! :smile:
i dont like great lash either! clumpy and smells bad.:yuk:

maybe Benetint works best for medium tone skins...
as it was still horrid on me, even though i'm very dark (MAC NC45)

Plumour said:
Chanel Double Pefection Compact
---really the worst powder I've had ever :cry: it does NOT blend with the skin at all, looks way too powdery on even a tiny little bit is applied, do I have chalks on my face or what?! :angry: color selection is lacking, the lightest shade "Vanilla" is the closest to my skin tone among all others but still looks weird when I have it on, my face seems totally lifeless. I thought I was looking at a strange ghost and I wanted to cry :alien: :shock: and it also broke me out, which never happened from any powder I've used in my life! :ninja: ok I've said enough :lol:

can't think of more products for now :rolleyes:

I Totally agree with you! this product was the sh*ttiest makeup I'v ever used! it was supposed to be 'weightless' but it looked cakey. :sick:

splatooey said:
for benetint, i think it totally depends on your skin type and color...pale people CANNOT use this product, 3 drops and they look splotchy. My skin is more of a yellow beige warmish color, and i need like 9 drops before any color shows...its one of my favorites! :smile:
i dont like great lash either! clumpy and smells bad.:yuk:

Very true.

girls i love my great lash mascara! its the only one i'll use i just keep coming back to it, but my mom has the same complaints about it (it runs, its clumpy, it smudges) so i guess it all depends on your eye shape and what you can tolerate. Anywho pretty much any benefit powder product has not worked (dandelion, the bronzer, georgia peach, the even out pressed powder) i think they made me break out.

Neutrogena and Clean & Clear Cleansers- Actually made my skin worse!

that Cover Girl Outlast,I agree. I tried and it goes really, really dry after a while!

Brilliant Brunette shampoo-useless. No different than any other crappy shampoo. Why does everyone love it??
Hmm,that's all I can think of right now....

La Mer. I got talked into buying it, and it turned out to be nothing special. Definitely not worth the price!

love lacome juicy tubes but lancome juicy tube pop make me wanna hurl i cant stand the smell or taste.

Bourjois Coup de Theatre mascara.

So I heard practically everyone on this makeup forum I used to frequent constantly rave about how *GREAT* this product is and how full and long their eyelashes are when using it. I have really long lashes, but wanted to try this product anyway because I generally like mascara with dramatic effects. I bought it at Sephora, went home, and quickly tried it out, and... yeah. My eyelashes didn't look much different. I figured I did something wrong, so I took it off and tried again. Same results. I mean, it looked like I was wearing absolutely nothing. Looking back now, I realized something must have been wrong with the mascara...

Thanks Kel!

I was trying to remember a product and i make mine your words.

The Double Extension mascara by L´Oreal did what i was expecting from Coup de Theatre. I really don´t understand how people rate that Bourjois masacara so much...:huh:

NYC Clear Lipgloss - I was in a hurry and I couldn't find any lipgloss at home, so I just ran to the store and grabbed that. It was so sticky . . even if I just had on a little bit . . .
Almay Bright Eyes Shimmer Pearls - I bought it for the pretty white and mauve colors, and they wouldn't show up.
Rocket City Lipgloss - I got this one online at Sephora, and it had glitter in it when I got it, (I swear I picked clear . . ) and so I was just like "Well, okay" and I tried it anyways. The glitter . . ug. It felt like my lips were covered with sand.
Maybelline Matte Mousse Foundation - I think Maybelline makes it. But it caked on my face and made me look like I had a ton of coverup on. Usually I look for something with really light coverage since I'm lucky and don't need foundation in the first place . .

gruveechik said:
- Chanel perfumes - cannot stand one single Chanel fragrance

ditto on that. I realize they're classic and most people love them, but they make me choke.

Great lash doesn't run on me, but it smudges like crazy and makes my eyes itch.

Wet'n'Wild lipliner #666 -- Every now and then I still see it in a magazine recommended as a nice drugstore alternative that's supposed to give a "natural" color. It looks brown on me. :yuk:

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion - does not do one thing for me. It clogs my pores, I break out, and it doesn't have the nicest smell in the world..

I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"