Proenza Schouler F/W 2019.20 New York

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Feb 11, 2019.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

TYLERB and Valentine27 like this.
  2. perhydrol

perhydrol Active Member

First of all, I need to say that the live streaming was tragic. That might have been a sign, because the show itself was just so sad, like a total waste of time. They still want to be Phoebe Philo and they totally forgot that when you treat yourself too seriously, you become a caricature. This is exacly what we got here. It's not as awful as their ss19, but they still want to push that gross denim so hard. The silhouettes don't really work and the styling was a mess, a very unnecessary one.

YohjiAddict and TYLERB like this.
  3. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

These two....poor guys.

They just can't get it right. Never really have been able to, actually. There's a difference between being a designer that evolvese, and a designer who has never had a solid enough PoV to make any of the changes to their aesthetic over time make sense. They are the definitely in the latter camp.

Their work is just so textbook. There's not a single thing unexpected, surprising, fresh or unique here. Nor has there been in a long time.

YohjiAddict likes this.
  4. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

Oh Phoebe.

TYLERB likes this.
  5. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

This collection is desperate/tragic and admirable.
    It's admirable because it's quite an achievement to mix Celine collections from 2015 to 2018 in just one show. On paper, i wouldn't put SS 2016 with SS 2018 but somehow it works...
    And i must say that they interpreted the bras cups sweaters from the FW15 Celine collection quite well.

I hate to say that because there are people involved behind those clothes , there are seamstresses and a dedicated and passionate team behind this project called "Proenza Schouler" but those designers are just fraud!

They have spend the majority of their entire career copying Ghesquiere and Phoebe. It's embarassing and given the state of their fashion brand right now, they are not even good at it!
    At least when Zuhair Murad is copying all those designers, he is actually selling clothes.

I'm just tired of them! I'm just tired of this pretentious stuff!
    They are good at doing beautiful, interesting american sportswear. For some reason, and because of the hype, they tried too hard to be "European" but as their parisian fail showed us, we don't want that here!

Instead of copying Phoebe and chasing that Celine customer who will never come to them, they should go back to their archives pre 2010 and see what made them successful. Denim is not enough (and i remember they did some fantastic jeans for FW2010)!

6. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

Today I feel so tired, lazy and uninspired to write something about these two...exactly as tired, lazy and uninspired as them trying to create a "new and original" collection...

YohjiAddict, entten and TYLERB like this.
  7. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

I am just pissed. These guys just copied pasted Phoebe Philo's work with no shame. The knock offs are so obvious. I don't understand why this brand still exists.

TYLERB likes this.
  8. TYLERB

TYLERB Member

Not to mention they opened the show with Narciso Rodriguez's Spring 2019 first look....... o_O
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] pictures vogue.com

9. IloveDiorHomme

IloveDiorHomme Well-Known Member

A friend of mine worked there they used to send her buy some Céline in department stores to copy the patterns and to return the goods once it's done....

10. disco54

disco54 Well-Known Member

10 years ago they were on top of their game, in recent years they really have become pointless and irrelevant much like Alexander Wang.

modela and TYLERB like this.
  11. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

There might be some nice pieces here and there but my interest in this brand has been lost beyond repair, as I’m sure is the case with many.

YohjiAddict and TYLERB like this.
  12. kenndale

kenndale Active Member

While I appreciate a natural look, almost all the girls look BEAT. No budget for hair and make up?

YohjiAddict likes this.
  13. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

As fresh as day old bread.

TYLERB likes this.
  14. ThatDudeOverTher

ThatDudeOverTher Active Member

LOOOOOL!

This is a hodge podge of Narciso Rodriguez, Philo's Celine, AND Raf's Calvin Klein. The audacity! The hubris!

15. Ruito

Ruito Member

ok, I didn't like this collection very much, but to assume everyone is copying Phobe Philo right now is wrong!

modela likes this.