Proenza Schouler F/W 2020.21 New York

Absolutely Pathetic. Do I even have to point out their main reference. Here's a hint, It starts with a B. This downward progression makes me very upset. How did they end up here? They were so fresh and cool at the beginning, it was almost effortless. They made clothes that really stood out and had an original point of view. Would it be so bad to bring back some of that youthful spirit? That's what made them a winning duo. Copycat is not something I would want associated with my name.

They really exceled at bringing Ghésquiere and Marie Amelie's ideas down to earth and they were definitely a good, if not great, NY brand but nowadays is such a chore to go through their work. It's all very tasteful but absolutely passionless.

Gorgeous! They make it look so easy. Mad about the off-the-shoulder looks, and the general confident attitude of this line. Just stay away from eveningwear though.

Most of it looks like a throwaway Versace collection to me, and the ribbed tailoring is so sloppy. I get it in theory, but if it looks like that in the atelier perhaps it's best you scrap it.

Reactions: Sai
I feel like the guys from PS and me have something in common. Since Phoebe left, I’ve bought a lot of her pieces from anywhere I can find them...And I feel like they have been into it too.

This is pointless! I mean, it’s good as a show and the clothes are current but it doesn’t add anything new to the conversation. I don’t get the point of this at this point...Even the puffer capes? Riccardo did them more successfully recently.

It’s all so embarrassing. Maybe they should go back to copy Nicolas’s work because milking Phoebe’s last two collections isn’t going to work forever!

Beautiful boots!

While I see phoebe, they seem to have moved on mostly to Bottega now.

The awkward knitwear, evening, and shoes is Bottega for a ny audience in that it’s more commercial and easier to digest.

Reactions: Sai
They have no shame. And I can't believe anyone believes in this brand, I mean there's literally no identity, just making random copies of what's currently on trend. That might be harmful in the future because, due to changing the customer base every time they switch the brand they're copying, they don't really have any loyal clients.

I'm unashamed to say this is one of my favorites from New York, so far! I love those off-shoulder looks, the boots, the whole silhouette and the styling. A massive thumbs up from me!

They use to be at the forefront and now they are trailing at the back with no new idea nor vision. At least they did good bags because that what keeps the business going.

I feel like the guys from PS and me have something in common. Since Phoebe left, I’ve bought a lot of her pieces from anywhere I can find them...And I feel like they have been into it too.

This is pointless! I mean, it’s good as a show and the clothes are current but it doesn’t add anything new to the conversation. I don’t get the point of this at this point...Even the puffer capes? Riccardo did them more successfully recently.

It’s all so embarrassing. Maybe they should go back to copy Nicolas’s work because milking Phoebe’s last two collections isn’t going to work forever!

Beautiful boots!
Do the price of the pieces from Phoebe Philo's Céline increased since she left?

Do the price of the pieces from Phoebe Philo's Céline increased since she left?
Not really actually. I bought an entire look from her very first collection recently (Resort 2010) in perfect condition for 1100€ (canvas motorcycle jacket with a cargo skirt) at my favorite « dealer » for vintage contemporary pieces.

Old Celine is a little bit more expensive than Balenciaga by NG but the prices didn’t dropped like Alber’s Lanvin (it can almost make you regret buying stuff at full retail prices). Her last collection was produced in smaller quantities with a lot of pieces that didn’t make it to production and I did expect the pieces to be more expensive on the vintage market...

Celine wasn’t really easy to wear and except for the runway pieces that made a lot of buzz, it was really worn by a devotee clientele.

But I think in 5/10 years, Old Celine will be like vintage Helmut Lang or Tom Ford for Gucci.

Not really actually. I bought an entire look from her very first collection recently (Resort 2010) in perfect condition for 1100€ (canvas motorcycle jacket with a cargo skirt) at my favorite « dealer » for vintage contemporary pieces.

Old Celine is a little bit more expensive than Balenciaga by NG but the prices didn’t dropped like Alber’s Lanvin (it can almost make you regret buying stuff at full retail prices). Her last collection was produced in smaller quantities with a lot of pieces that didn’t make it to production and I did expect the pieces to be more expensive on the vintage market...

Celine wasn’t really easy to wear and except for the runway pieces that made a lot of buzz, it was really worn by a devotee clientele.

But I think in 5/10 years, Old Celine will be like vintage Helmut Lang or Tom Ford for Gucci.
funny that you didn't see many celebrities wearing Céline back then it was mostly very rich business women and editors, same with Dries, he does great runway looks but there aren't many celebs wearing it to the red carpet, I guess it just doesn't have the hype!

funny that you didn't see many celebrities wearing Céline back then it was mostly very rich business women and editors, same with Dries, he does great runway looks but there aren't many celebs wearing it to the red carpet, I guess it just doesn't have the hype!
Celebrities don’t really wears fashion...I mean except the type like Beyoncé, Rihanna or that type, they wants to be comfortable in their clothes and really dress when they have events. They buys bags or shoes and mix with their jeans and t-shirts.

I’m a working woman who loves fashion and when you have serious jobs, it’s great to have a little bit of fun with fashion. And it’s not just rich women. There are so many options for working women who likes fashion, quality and who doesn’t necessarly want to splurge on clothes. A good coat from Dries or Stella on sales is great.
Fashion is a question of lifestyle. I’ve never seen a woman dressed in Elie Saab during daytime buy back in the day, I saw women who weren’t working in fashion wearing pieces from Proenza Schouler because it was the hottest brand in NYC ( the same for Alex Wang).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eskimogirl1995
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->