Proenza Schouler S/S 11 New York

So beautiful! Great concept executed in a coherent and wearable way. What more can one ask for!? Definitely one of my favourite NYFW collections.

i like all of it separately, but together...it just doesnt tie in for me. feels like a mumbo-jumbo of colors, textures, and styles. it seemed like they threw in all their ideas into one season

Proenza Schouler (Official) Deleted today my video S/S 2011 I loved this show!

I definitely need to watch the video again but for me I definitely like some of it. I like it in terms of moving themselves forward and changing up the shapes- and I like the idea of a lady who lunches on acid! But only a couple of things are pieces that I would covet.

when i watch the rise and the maturation of these two designers, it really makes me feel sorry for others like zac posen or pier paolo piccioli and maria grazia chiuri. honestly, this is how to do grown up clothes in a young girl way. proenza schouler has been the go-to brand for downtown girls of all stripes for so long, but it's so good to see them step out of that comfortable place into something this palpably luxurious and expensive. this level of experimentation and concentration reminds me of the take-no-prisoners prada collection from fall/winter 2007 without any of the intentional ugliness. one hopes that this level of seriousness conveys to higher level of success for this duo: with speculation brewing that they might get brought into the theory family, this is a great way to give the finger to the valentino fashion group who didn't give them the helm at valentino. one can only imagine what these two could do -- given this collection -- if they had their hands on the valentino archives.

I fell in love with their AW10-11 collection, and this is brilliant! Definitely my favourite New York label.

i really :heart: the details in this collection. from afar, the collection looks a bit bland, but upclose of each item, the pieces are just amazing!!

Hell yeah. I'm really liking the way that you receive one message from a distance then the closer in you get the more the deconstruction happens.

And the way the construction is the deconstruction. Like the pieces that look like lace apparently are embroidery on a tulle then dipped in acid so the tulle dissolves. Not lace. Not lady. But a lazy onlooker from a distance might be fooled. There was something 'wrong' about those 'tweeds' too. Not sure yet quite what they are but seemingly the innovation in fabric technology puts the boys up there with Ghesquiere perhaps.

The suit as the new rebellion they say. Well, done like this, yes I'll flow with that.

Seems the 'tweeds' are sequin applique. Which isn't that ground breaking in itself but well done trompe l'oeil nevertheless.

I did just wonder if sequin applique might be a bit weighty and crunchy for easy summer living.

I'm not seeing any appeal at all. One or two outfits I like, as usual, but...no. I think the shapes are what kills it for me.

love this collection. so put together and young and sexy. a lot of the little details really make the garment interesting without going over the top

gorgeous show! Definitely their best so far. I love the necklaces and all the textures:heart:

when i watch the rise and the maturation of these two designers, it really makes me feel sorry for others like zac posen or pier paolo piccioli and maria grazia chiuri. honestly, this is how to do grown up clothes in a young girl way. proenza schouler has been the go-to brand for downtown girls of all stripes for so long, but it's so good to see them step out of that comfortable place into something this palpably luxurious and expensive.

my thoughts exactly...:D

i'm a little late seeing this collection (so busy with school, yuck) but i have to say . . .

this collection is gorgeous!!! :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->