Project Runway Season 7

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by papa_levante, Dec 30, 2009.

1. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

wikipedia.org

:clap:

2. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

3. retailqueen

retailqueen Active Member

is it going back to Bravo? I vannot stand anything related to the Lifetime channel which only produces sappy and boring stuff.

4. papa_levante

papa_levante oh! darling

Nope, still Lifetime.

5. Petit Lucille

Petit Lucille unspecified

last season was utterly boring, i hope they go back to greater places, because... it wasn't entretaining at all.

6. i-man91

i-man91 New Member

I agree last season was so boring, predictable, hideous garments, and above all no FASHION...

7. silk skin paws

silk skin paws doldrums

Anyone plan on watching? I'm not sure. I feel unexcited due to last season.

8. cutefierce

cutefierce New Member

today starts and im waiting to see if its good or not :smile:

9. STYLEOClDE

STYLEOClDE blink once. blink twice.

Just finished watching it. I like the new designers so far, but I was disappointed
    in who went home. I wanted the other one to leave. :ermm:

10. retailqueen

retailqueen Active Member

improvement compared to last season.
    i too do not agree with who was sent home, other designs were much more bland/uncreative.

11. MyNameIs

MyNameIs Well-Known Member

Aaw, Christiane seemed so sweet. I always feel bad for the first person getting eliminated. Her dress was pretty bad though.

I don't think I quite get what was so great about the winning design. Yeah, a lot of work went into that, but it didn't look expensive to me. It looked overworked. I thought Ping should've won, loved her look. I also thought Amy should've been in the top 3.

12. Susanna-Cole

Susanna-Cole New Member

Me too! ^_^ I like that she has such a strong sense of personal style (at least in comparison to many "Project Runway" contestants who I feel repeatedly produce generic garments). I'm most intrigued by her too, I really can't wait to see what she makes next challenge!

I also love that she did so well, considering some other contestants thought she was crazy and would likely be eliminated. :rolleyes:

13. modestmouse8

modestmouse8 New Member

Does anyone have a link/upload of the first ep? Would love to see it.

14. Ochi Chernye

Ochi Chernye Active Member

15. modestmouse8

modestmouse8 New Member

Thank you, not sure on how to use it...but i will figure it out. Muchly appreciated!

16. Ochi Chernye

Ochi Chernye Active Member

Just click on 'Show all Megavideo links' and then 'Watch this video'.

17. MyNameIs

Seems like there are a lot of great potential this season. The first episode was ok, but I loved the second one. Pretty much all the designers did a great job with the challenge.

WEEK 1 Rankings
    1. Amy - I don't even know how to explain this, but I'm so in love with this dress. It's such perfection in my eyes.
    2. Ping - Maybe even the best look of the week. Very original, chic and above all, very Ping.
    3. Emilio - It's not as aesthetically pleasing to me as to the judges, but I can't deny the quality (and quantity) of work here.
    4. Seth Aaron - Great first design, and very descriptive of his style and aesthetic.
    5. Jay - I loved the fabrics and patterns he picked. If he had gotten rid of that flower in the front, this would have been a hit.
    6. Maya - It's somewhat cliche, but I don't know, I think it works. The big puffy shoulder looks fine to me.
    7. Jesse - I don't hate it. In fact, I like the top quite a bit (both pieces) but the skirt lets him down.
    8. Jonathan - Loved the detailing at the top, but the belt, the skirt and the belt ruin it for me.
    9. Jesus - other than the line going across the knees, I don't see anything offensive here. Kinda interesting actually.
    10. Janeane - It doesn't work within this challenge, but it's a somewhat pretty filler piece for a fashion line.
    11. Ben - I get it that he wanted to do futuristic/scifi here, but he should've pushed it further because it ended up being very pedestrian.
    12. Mila - all those different patterns combined with that stale shape make for a very old fashioned (not in a good way) look.
    13. Anthony - Some technical issues in the back, but I thought this was an interesting effort, albeit a failing one.
    14. Anna - Yawn, yawn, yawn. If this is what "she is" then we're in for a lot of boring from her (as week 2 proves).
    15. Pamela - Hard to talk about this one, it's just so strange. Couldn't have been more boring in the front or less wtf in the back.
    16. Christiane - Not much redeemable qualities about this one. Just a bunch of butchered and tortured fabric combined with tacky blue.

WEEK 2 Rankings
    1. Mila - Stunning. Very modern and edgy, but still cute and wearable. Doesn't even look like a potato sack.
    2. Amy - Loved the dress. For it being brown and made form a potato sack, it was surprisingly light and flirty.
    3. Anthony - Not groundbreaking, but I loved it very much. Very sexy and cute and just totally appropriate for the challenge.
    4. Jay - I don't know if it was a winning design, but I agree with the judges, the skirt part was a great take on the challenge.
    5. Maya - Questionable technical work in the back, but I love the design. Very quirky and just manages to not be overworked.
    6. Emilio - Liked the pattern, did not like the shape/design at all. Should've been shorter, plus the strap needed to be changed.
    7. Jonathan - Great lace pattern in the front, but the whole dress is kinda mature looking and not fashion forward at all.
    8. Janeane - I liked the color combination, but I was so bored with that design. She needs to step it up.
    9. Pamela - Sure it made the model look slightly big, but it was an interesting effort and deserved better result.
    10. Jesus - Didn't get the criticism for his use of those colors (other than him using brown again), but the shape was blah.
    11. Seth Aaron - Kinda reminded me of Chanel SS10 but much much worse. Sloppy, overworked and underworked at the same time.
    12. Jesse - I did not get this look at all. Not only was it very similar to last week's, it was totally inappropriate for the event.
    13. Anna - She seems like a nice girl, but one of the absolute weakest designers. Another forgettable look here.
    14. Ben - I don't understand why this one was not in the Bottom 3. He made the model look pregnant.
    15. Ping - Love her and her design last week, but this was a mess and she deserved to go home.

18. mcnuwave

mcnuwave New Member

good season.

Amy's dress for week two should have got her the winning spot. If i learned that was a potato sack i would have been floored. That dress was kickass.

And Ping.....idk what she was thinking. I do think that her eye for clothing is something i've seen before though.

19. cheepmunk

cheepmunk Member

I'm so glad Michael Kors and Nina Garcia are back. The show just wasn't the same without them. When Nina said, "They're both really ugly," I lol'd. <3

The designers this season seem much better than last season's crop.

20. MyNameIs

I'll continue on with my rankings, lol.

WEEK 3
    1. Mila - this was a kick**s look. I love that she decided to go so bold with this, it really paid off. Plus not only was the jacket cool, it was incredibly well made.
    2. Amy - I can't decide whether I love this dress or just like it. I love the shape, and I've gotten on board with the vest thing-y, but I'm still not sure about the fabric texture/pattern.
    3. Maya - another bipolar look, meaning I can't decide whether I love it or just like it. It was original and bold, but somehow those petals don't work that well for me.
    4. Janeane - loved the structured look. Very chic. Love the jacket too. My only complaint would be that because it's in black, you can't see any of the details.
    5. Jesus - when I say I'm not a fan of harem pants, I MEAN IT. With that said, this was such a cool look. The elastic band though, really not helping.
    6. Emilio - I immediately thought Tina Fey at Golden Globes when I saw this. Except this dress is really cute. But it doesn't work for the challenge, to be honest.
    7. Anna - glad she was finally working with someone else, because she actually worked on something that didn't put me to sleep. In fact, it was sort of pretty.
    8. Jonathan - the biggest problem with this one is that it's about 4-5 years late with that empire waist. Plus that huge feather on her chest was so tacky.
    9. Jay - don't know how the designers could say this was better than the one it was 'inspired' by. It wasn't. The dress was fine, but the jacket was really strange.
    10. Anthony - I didn't hate it as much as the designers did. I think if the skirt was a different color and had they not used those feathers, this could've been decent.
    11. Seth Aaron - this one got a lot of flack on the runway, but I didn't think it was THAT bad. It was just blah, not offensive, but you can't expect that much when you give them like 3 minutes to work on it.
    12. Ping - I get it why she was eliminated over this, but I somehow appreciated this. I couldn't even explain why but I don't think it was the worst of the night.
    13. Jesse - this is inexcusable no matter who you're paired with. Not only was it a very plain and boring look, the fit was atrocious. He's one of the very weakest ones there.
    14. Ben - this was just... that jacket, what? This was not only a lazy 'design' but the execution was awful too. The worst look of the season so far for me.

WEEK 4
    1. Jonathan - I don't understand how this dress didn't make it to top 3. I thought it was great, almost Valentino-esque. The only thing I didn't care for was that sash.
    2. Amy - while watching the show I thought this one was great, but looking at the pictures, it's extremely unflattering. It did move beautifully though, but would probably only look good on a model.
    3. Maya - this one is hard for me to rank because on the one hand I think it may have been the most interesting of the week, on the other hand, it makes the woman look wide.
    4. Jay - it's kinda boring, but at the same time it's pretty classy and appropriate. Plus he actually managed to make that woman look a bit taller.
    5. Mila - she's become one of my favorite so far, but I don't see what the judges loved about this one. I thought the stars looked very tacky. It was fun I suppose.
    6. Ben - another one whose design was fine but very unflattering on an average woman. Strangely enough though, it looked really good from the back and was flattering.
    7. Emilio - hated it while watching the show, but it doesn't look that bad in pictures. He really butchered the back though and there wasn't much here from a design standpoint.
    8. Anthony - this was a decent enough look, but I didn't think it was the best design for this challenge. Seemed like something you'd wear to a business lunch not to an event.
    9. Jesus - is it wrong that I kind of liked it? It was neither age appropriate nor event appropriate, but I thought it looked nice. On the right individual and for the right purpose, it could work.
    10. Seth Aaron - eh, not much of a design here. I'd rather he stayed with his original 'Grecian' dress because this one is incredibly bland.
    11. Jesse - lol, here we go again with the jacket. I don't understand why he always has to make one. Ironically enough, the dress itself was pretty ok, would've been higher with no jacket.
    12. Janeane - what? From the waist up this looked kinda nice to me, but the skirt part was just wrong. The length, the layers, the folded fabric, it wast terrible.
    13. Anna - she seems like such a sweet girl but I'm so annoyed by her. At the same time, this dress was awful. She made that woman look like a pumpkin or something.