Project Runway Season 9

I wish Anya used her sculptural side a lot more like that 3 piece collection challenge she did, but I am happy she won

ok - my problem is the name of this show isn't called Project Potential it's called Project Runway, Anya was my absolute favorite this season up until the finale, in which she dropped the ball majorly. Yes she has a good taste, but she lacks being able to design. How in the hell did she win with a collection of glorified maxi dresses with the same neckline in each dress!!!! Yes she has the potential to be a really great designer because she's got a great eye, but she most certainly should not have won because of her taste level.

Viktor was robbed (although I do think he over-edited himself and add too much of the sheer pieces when I'm certain he had more of his original prints collection)

I will say that this is probably the weakest season in terms of talent. However, I do think that is the judges/producers fault. They have steadily been picking those who are the more commercial designers and praising the "safe" designers instead of allowing these people to take risks. The reason I loved this show in the beginning was for people like Santino and Jay who took risks, and maybe they were in the bottom a couple of times, but at least they tried.

/rant

I finally discovered who did the shoes that the models wore on Viktor Luna's final runway shoe - Christian Siriano! :heart: And Payless is carrying them :woot:

Project-Runway-Viktor-Luna.jpg

source: lelalondon.com

oh wow interesting, i just figured they'd use the piperlime accessory wall, since the challenges used it. i guess for the finale it's a whole different ball game

oh wow interesting, i just figured they'd use the piperlime accessory wall, since the challenges used it. i guess for the finale it's a whole different ball game

I think for the finale they're allowed to either make their accessories and shoes or purchase them from anywhere, but the money comes out of their finale budget. And in the first season, when production found out Kara Saun hadn't paid full price for the shoes, her models had to walk shoeless, so apparently they are not allowed to receive materials for free or almost free.

Is anybody watching Project Accessory? It's kind of lame, but somewhat fascinating because of the accessory making process itself.

^Surprisingly, she's not the worst part about it. She's basically given all of Heidi's PR lines to read, lol. The mentor-lady and one of the judges, not Kenneth Cole, the other guy, are just awful though. HATE them.

Boooo... I really want to watch this but I'm in Canada and the video is not viewable up here. Can anyone provide another link to the video or summarize it? Does Tim give up anything good on the designers ? :blush: I love him

Ack, sorry! I'm looking for a second source I will post up soon! :flower:

Anyone knows when in 2012 is All Stars show premiering?

It's premiering on January 12th and this is the list of the contestants:

Kenley Collins
Michael Costello
Gordana Gehlhausen

Mondo Guerra
Mila Hermanovski
Kara Janx

Elisa Jimenez
April Johnston
Rami Kashou

Austin Scarlett

Jerell Scott
Sweet P/Kathleen Vaughn
Anthony Williams

source from tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com

Project Runway All-Star premiered last Thursday. Anybody watched it?

It was weird having different judges/mentor/host. The judges and mentor were surprisingly capable. Host... I'm not sold on Angela Lindvall. She doesn't seem very natural.

I didn't love the first episode, but the cast was great and the quality of work is better than anything the last two seasons had to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->