Prova Scarves- pretty! but worth it?

Discussion in 'More Accessories' started by mercer, Apr 20, 2010.

1. mercer

mercer Member

Has anyone purchased a Prova scarf? I'm considering taking the plunge, but they are pretty pricey and I'd love to hear opinions from someone who owns one. They are so pretty! I'm curious about how sturdy there are- do the beads fall off?

TIA!

2. Legyviel

Legyviel in the mood for love

I'm not convinced they're worth their price. Personally, I'd rather invest in another McQueen scarf, but if you really like them, go for it.

Here are some images of Prova scarves, net-a-porter.com:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. chaneladdict

chaneladdict New Member

I cannot comment on the quality as I have never seen one in person, but I feel like one could get the look of these from Urban Outfitters, or Forever 21 has to be making one of these at some point. They seem a bit trendy to spend that kind of money on, but if it's your style, go for it. I personally would rather buy another Hermes, but that's just me!

4. mercer

mercer Member

thanks for the input! I'm going to wait and see what they are like in person- I'm headed to NYC next week and will stop by Barneys and check them out. I admit they do seem kinda trendy. but I'm attracted to them because I think they are pretty, not because I want an "it" piece.

5. YoninahAliza

YoninahAliza New Member

they are really pretty, my feeling is if you have the funds to buy one and you know you will get a lot of use out of it, then go ahead and buy it!

6. vanessaxox

vanessaxox New Member

How much are they? they are rather gorgeous though...

7. mercer

mercer Member

$375 to around $500 . I looked at them at kirna zabete and barneys. I'm still on the fence- i'm a little worried that the beads would fall off.

8. chaneladdict

chaneladdict New Member

I would be too, i bought a scarf with beads on it from anthropologie last year and they've pretty much all fallen off. Granted it was only 68 dollars, but still..