Puffy Completes Marathon

Acid

yes
Reaction score
diddy-dop1a.jpg

4 NOVEMBER 2003
Sean Combs, better known as hip-hop star P Diddy, turned out to be the $2 million man on Sunday, raising the impressive amount for charity by taking part in the New York City marathon.

The multi-millionaire, who trained just six weeks for the 26-mile race, persuaded some big stars to contribute to his one-man fundraiser for NYC public schools, including Michael Jordan and Bruce Willis, who each donated to $50,000. But there was one duo who made a surprise gesture – P Diddy's ex-girlfriend Jennifer Lopez and her fiancé Ben Affleck.

"Ben and Jen gave me $78,000 collectively," Puffy revealed on US TV show Access Hollywood in the run-up to the race. "Jennifer pledged me $1,000 a mile… Then I immediately got on the phone with hubby (Ben) and I was like, 'Wifey just donated $26,000. What are you gonna do, big boy?'."

Sporting a mohawk, the music and fashion mogul finished the marathon in four hours, 14 minutes and 54 seconds, coming in 11,359th out of more than 30,000 runners. And despite suffering from a bad knee and painful cramps during the gruelling challenge – and being two bodyguards down after his pair of security men dropped out – the exhausted rapper crossed the finish line. "Never in my life have I ever experienced anything as crazy as this," he said. "It was a beautiful experience."

Yep Bravo! I watched him run that entire thing on TV this past Sunday. Regardless of what people think of him personally. I don't see too many celebrities runnign for charities, especially the NYC school system. Which sucks majorly. I live here and these kids aren't be educated thats for sure.

I have a lot of respect for Mr. Combs. Now I have even more. The mohawk was a nice touch. :wink:

Originally posted by Oria@Nov 5th, 2003 - 9:54 am
I live here and these kids aren't be educated thats for sure.
Anyoen else see the irony in that sentence? :wink: :lol:

That is such good time!

There are ppl who run as a hobby who dont get close to 4 hours. 4 hours is a goooood marathon time!! :woot:

:smile: thats great what he did! the nyc PS needs it for sure! good for p. diddy :smile:

Originally posted by Marisa+Nov 5th, 2003 - 10:20 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marisa @ Nov 5th, 2003 - 10:20 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Oria@Nov 5th, 2003 - 9:54 am
Anyoen else see the irony in that sentence? :wink: :lol: [/b][/quote]
:lol: i laughed hard when i read that!

good on him ... i've always like pdiddy, despite what people say about him. :P

im glad he got some money for the people :woot: , did any oen see teh shwo on mtv, pelas it was absurd and talking about his redigade chic image :rolleyes: :lol:

Originally posted by Acid@Nov 5th, 2003 - 8:28 am
Sporting a mohawk, the music and fashion mogul finished the marathon in four hours, 14 minutes and 54 seconds, coming in 11,359th out of more than 30,000 runners. And despite suffering from a bad knee and painful cramps during the gruelling challenge – and being two bodyguards down after his pair of security men dropped out – the exhausted rapper crossed the finish line. "Never in my life have I ever experienced anything as crazy as this," he said. "It was a beautiful experience."
:shock: 4 hours is a lot! P Diddy's cool! I've always respected him as an artist and for his fashion sense :crush: ! I find him very brave for accomplishing with success this HUGE challenge. :flower:

I'm impressed as heck he could run it in that amount of time, especially with only 6 weeks of training!

RUN DIDDY RUN!!

~~Kim

Good for him, and good for the many other people that entered!! :buzz:

Originally posted by mehg+Nov 5th, 2003 - 7:32 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mehg @ Nov 5th, 2003 - 7:32 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Marisa@Nov 5th, 2003 - 10:20 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Oria
@Nov 5th, 2003 - 9:54 am

:lol: i laughed hard when i read that! [/b][/quote]

It should've been "being".

Originally posted by Oria+Nov 6th, 2003 - 10:18 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oria @ Nov 6th, 2003 - 10:18 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by mehg@Nov 5th, 2003 - 7:32 pm
Originally posted by Marisa@Nov 5th, 2003 - 10:20 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Oria
@Nov 5th, 2003 - 9:54 am

:lol: i laughed hard when i read that!

It should've been "being". [/b][/quote]
i saw it as simple typing mistake.... and not that funny....

I was impressed when I saw his time! Very impressed. Being a runner myself, that's pretty darn good. He must've gotten into pretty good shape for this thing. I have a new found respect for him. B)

i think its just a hipocritical stunt....hey hes celebrity!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->