Puma and Evisu - True Love Never Dies denim line

gsquared

Reaction score
I did a search for this but couldn't find it...but please delete if there is a topic already.

I know this line has been out since February 2006 (Valentines), but these only got in recently in Toronto, where there's only 1 Puma store :rolleyes:

From store.puma.com:
"PUMA and EVISU have collaborated to launch a denim collection called "True Love Never Dies". Building upon the love theme, the jeans feature unique details representative of the union. Special sundries, including PUMA-EVISU enamel buttons, pins, rivets and EVISU-Loves-PUMA fabric patches, are integrated into the overall design. The fabric lining of the pockets features a graphic design that is playfully reminiscent of scribbled love notes. Leaving no design element unchecked, the jeans feature distinct two-color stitching, symbolic of two brands, in fresh hues for the denim market: yellow citrus and strawberry blonde. "

http://store.puma.com/pumaUSStore/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=PumaUS&category%5Fname=WomensDenim&mainCategory=Women&productType=Apparel&shopBy=item&Page=1&siteid=1

What do you guys thing about these jeans? The pricing seems reasonable for premium denim, especially since Evisu jeans retail for at least $500 + from what I've heard.

Are these jeans more similar to the European ones or the Japanese ones? It seems that the Japanese ones are better in terms of quality. How do the Puma x Evisu jeans compare to other premium denim brands, and what do you guys think about the style, fit, quality etc.?

If you own these jeans, which wash do you prefer? (Rigid (darkest), worn in, warn out) Which style fits you the best and why? (Regular fit, Loose fit, Skinny fit, mini skirt, high rise)

Thanks!

evisupuma2.jpg

freshnessmag.com

i actually bought a pair of the distressed jeans for my bf.. they told me that they ship them from japan so i guess they're more like the japanese ones.

omg ive been wanting these jeans so badly. my friend received a pair for her birthday and the jeans look so adorable on her. i'm really feeling the back pockets and cut of the jeans.

yeah i actually wnet back to the store to look at the women's jeans. do u think they're just as good as all the other designer jeans? because i'd like something a lil more eye-catching and less common.. but i don't want to have those be the reasons to buy the jeans if in the end, they're not as good as the rest of the competition.

^ I think you should definitely go try it on before you decide since jeans are a very subjective experience in terms of fit. I found that mine fit quite well (i got the skinny jeans in rigid wash). The skinny is actually more of a slimmer straight leg..it's not tapered so I like that.

I've heard that the quality is not as 'premium' as other evisu denim, but as a pair of 'designer' jeans, the price is reasonable since Evisu jeans can cost $600-$800 dollars or maybe more.

Let us know if you get them =)

^ premium evisu these days (eg Evisu EU ed and other diffusion lines) isn't quality by a long stretch....vintage evis and some japan ed. evisu's are brilliant though.

i didn't like the puma/evisu male fits, the womans was allright, didn't buy it though, there's a lot of better stuff out there

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->