Purple Fashion Magazine #11 S/S 2009 : Diane Von Furstenberg by Terry Richardson

bad cover, and why does she have to use that coat with that joker smile?

I dreamed that Christy Turlington would star in the I&V nude ed, last night. Hope it comes true.

^ :rofl: I want to have dreams like yours. I dreamt that I should go to my exam in military uniform :ninja:

The cover is really bad, but it doesn't reach the level of being so bad that it's good, though they seem to be trying it, and that makes it even worse. I hope the contents are better.

^ Marc?

Yea a bit, he goes deep when he is trying to explain his thoughts :smile:

I'm not sure how to take that comment, I do not have a special sympathy for Marc

Ewwww. How did they go from Kate Moss by Mario Sorrenti to Diane Von Furstenberg?! :unsure:

The cover is unappealing, uninteresting and generally repulsive.

I am sooooo disappointed!!! Out of all the people in the fashion industry - they chose HER! Why? She's not even a good designer. HECK - shes not even a designer [nowadays]!!

i thought this was an amazing choice. i don't really think DVF got the cover because of her designing achievements, rather than celebrating natural beauty of a woman who looks natural and is comfortable in her own skin. i also doubt this supposed to be ironic on the verge of kitschy. it's playful and it definitely has this positive vibe. i can see nothing wrong with this cover, nor the cover girl choice. (and 'girl' i mean it lol).

i think there's something interesting happened to be showed on the cover

the cover is really awful, I hate the colours and the font used
and why Diane? ugh.. very overrated designer

Mullet - how much was it? if it's a lot then they should definately focus on making a better cover

Terry Richardson shot the cover according to models.com .. :smile: I'm not a fan, but the content could still be nice.

mullet,reading your earlier post....i think that's precisely why i haven't been tempted to purchase any the last three years. the covers seem a justification for lacklustre content. before,when eileen was involved quite heavily,that aspect was less focused on for better,more poetic stories. they were always very simple sometimes non-cover covers. or it was always intertwined with what they had to say in the magazine. it just makes me sad that they've gone this typical 'fashion' direction after so many years of it being my true anti,thinking-person's bible.

and i'm sorry that i'm in that minority but i just think substantial content is more important than covers. you keep a longer fan-base when you can consistently produce quality content. and that's why i was so faithful for so long. but this is depressing to me knowing it in it's former glory.

Mullet - how much was it? if it's a lot then they should definately focus on making a better cover
35 dlls. -_-

Scott, sounds like it was a lovely publication, it'd be nice to get hold of the past issues they were offering.. not to put the blame on you or anything but I had never purchased Purple before and only bought it based on your reviews, cause I was hoping maybe there'd be some of that charm left :lol:.. they were smart enough to keep it in a plastic bag..

^:lol: no probs. it's always best to form one's own assessment.

it's unfortunate that in addition to the direction change they also decided to remove the complete archive. it had all of the past editions of purple(before it became as it's known now,purple fashion),prose and sexe. most of the ones i have were bought in that way.

Hate cover... it is just awful... it is not even funny! She looks ridiculous but not in a funny way...

I think Taylor Warren mentions in 'Jalouse' that she posed for 'Purple' with Pete Doherty; I'm guessing it was for this issue ?

^
that might explain why she's so eager to see the contents :P :heart:

I like the cover, mostly because I adore Diane, however I thought at first she had a faux barbie coming out of her shoulder :lol: I didn't realize that was her arm and the coat. I actually would have preferred to see her in her own style because no one else where DvF like her (of course). But you really see her vision of the line when she wears it herself

:lol: I bought it. My story with Pete Doherty by Ellen Von Unwerth isn't in this issue. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( More NYC young hipster downtown rich girl stuff in this issue. Isabelle Mcnally has a lil write up. Jessica stam and Natasa V are in the DVF story shot by Terry. The nude is Christina Kruse (sp?) Outside of the fact that my story by Ellen V.U isn't in this issue, I think the past issues were way better.

Oh and about 9874396573498 'okay' pictures of Valentine F.C by multiple photographers. Its an okay issue. The DVF story is my fave just because she's so bad ***.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->