Pyer Moss S/S 2020 New York

This collection is way too heavy on current referencing, there’s offwhite, balenciaga, etc. Also if you have to have such a production like with Ralph you’re making up for something.

Love the message he’s trying to convey but
personally I’ll take Wales Boner and her chic refinement over this any day.

I’m rooting for Kerby as I find him really talented. He has a potential, a hand-writing and it’s actually one of the few designers who has an identity.
There’s something in the palette, the odd mix of fabrics and the silhouettes that is very him.

That being said. Too much references to current fashion. He should focus on himself and push fashion forward.

That’s the problem with NYC so far. I see a lot of cute things but I haven’t seen something that makes me want to throw my wardrobe away to buy it. There’s no instant desire so far.

I’m rooting for Kerby as I find him really talented. He has a potential, a hand-writing and it’s actually one of the few designers who has an identity.
There’s something in the palette, the odd mix of fabrics and the silhouettes that is very him.

That being said. Too much references to current fashion. He should focus on himself and push fashion forward.

That’s the problem with NYC so far. I see a lot of cute things but I haven’t seen something that makes me want to throw my wardrobe away to buy it. There’s no instant desire so far.

Same. I love Kerby and I love the energy of his brand and his conviction. He's a really great storyteller.

But the clothes... they aren't good. They don't cut it. It's a shame because he has the full attention of a the New York establishment and a stunning, flawless collection + his showmanship would propel him to the very top. The fashion world is fickle and the talent he's displaying won't hold them for very long.

i love the vibe, but everything looks so amateur and heavy handed. sad.

People are still sending track tops and pants down the runway and calling it fashion? Iceberg be damned!

All I see is pandering. You like edgy streetwear? Pyer Moss is for you. How about an understated piece for a power lunch? There's something for you too. Something flashy and mature, that will turn heads at your next art exhibition? Kerby's got you covered. I got his first few collections, but he's taken a bit of a slide and very soon this brand will be yet another blip on the radar unless he fine tunes his direction.

Whoever mentored him hailed him this time around. Maybe Tom should lend a helping hand to these guys who simply cannot put out a cohesive collection if their life depended on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->