Quality Issues - What Brands Disappoint You?

Discussion in 'Shop Till You Drop' started by Hebden, Aug 14, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Hebden

Hebden I am half-sick of shadows

I couldn't find a thread on this topic...and I wanted to vent some frustration. I ordered Rika's Lou leopard top online and was excited as I don't currently own anything from this brand. Big disappointment. Despite being a F/W piece it was transparent (why do I need see-through wool?)...unbearably itchy and scratchy...and cheap looking. So, back it went.

[​IMG]
    Image from Rika's website

What brands have disappointed you quality-wise?

2. xFashionfollower

xFashionfollower New Member

Although it's not a brand I particularly like, I did think G-star jeans were of decent quality.
    I bought one and it ripped within 2 months. :huh:

3. Aby

Aby Active Member

Zadig & Voltaire.

In the very late 90's - early 00's, like a lot of French ladies, I succumbed to the very hyped brand.

I bought a few knits and a very nice studded leather bag, one of my first expensive buys.

Quality of the knits was awful, after a few wear and delicate wash, following instructions to the letter, the fabric was very loosened and cheap looking.

I take really good care of my clothes and accessories. I've had H&M knits older than those items that are still wearable, not the case with Z&V.

As for the bag, I lost one of the stud after a few weeks.

Besides that, at the time sellers were very haughty. I recently noticed though that service got better but prices are still immoderate for the quality.

4. CandiDandiStylin

CandiDandiStylin New Member

i bought i Guess top the other day after first wear the threading came all undone of two parts of it. very dissapointed

5. StellaMare

Topshop is the only one I've had a problem with, though I've only ever owned two pieces from there - I've had bad luck with both.

6. Stylephox

Stylephox New Member

HanYii

I bought a beautiful coat for about £500 and within 2 months threads began to come undone, buttons fell off etc :yuk:. Meanwhile I have a topshop coat that's lasted 4 years and cost less than £100!

7. *k.a.t.e*

*k.a.t.e* New Member

American Apparel. I find the edges are badly finished, especially on the thinner garments and they tend to fluff up or go misshapen.

8. Grill

Grill Member

I second Aby with the Zadig & Voltaire complaint. I bought a not inexpensive bag from them a long time ago and the handles constantly broke.

Chanel, sadly. For the insane amount of money they charge you would think after being gently worn a handful of times and carefully stored, then dry cleaned by one of Paris's haute couture teinturie, my black silk shell would have looked almost good as new but no! it looked like I had had it for at least 5 years and worn it to death! I have also heard - but not personally experienced this - that their bags and costume jewellery can also be disappointing in terms of quality and longevity.

9. Thefrenchy

Thefrenchy Active Member

I third you girls about Zadig & Voltaire quality issues. I've a couple of their tees and sweaters and no matter if I wash them delicately or send them à la teinturie, after 4-5 wash, they look like ****. Which sucks considering how much they charge you for such simple pieces...

10. December_25th

December_25th New Member

I have 3 pairs of Citizens of Humanity jeans and 2 of them wore out and ripped in the crotch within 2 years. Granted, I did wear one of them frequently (multiple times a week), and it may have had to do with the wash (dark), but it was still a major disappointment. Strangely enough, I've had my third pair for at least 3 years longer and they are a medium-dark wash.

11. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

I really think we have a thread on this topic ... :huh:

12. classychic

classychic New Member

I second this although I have never bought their stuff. The quality of their items are :ermm: which is why I will never purchase anything from them.

13. ElleLesley

ElleLesley New Member

AA has been an hit or a miss for me, a few basic tees have lasted me for years while other items (those interlock skirts for one) misshapen in a matter of a month or appeared it's been worn in for ages. Not worth the price but still, I really like their fit :doh: And still buy the interlock skirts... :blush: I keep trying to look for an alternative but no such like, weird considering it's just a simple skirt, you think you could spot one anywhere?

14. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

15. michyed

michyed THE STRANGER

Mango. :shock: I bought tight leather leggings/pants and I wore white underwear underneath them today. Took off the pants when I got back home and the white underwear was all blue/black/purpley from the pants... I'm so mad!!!!

16. rlynne

rlynne New Member

levi's extreme skinny in the black wash ... completely faded to an awful grey colour in one wash

17. Ievut

Ievut New Member

Stradivarius.

18. emma peel

emma peel New Member

^the violin??
    prada: historically very poor quality

19. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

Acne. Bought a skirt that just fell apart before I even got to wear it. It went back.

20. michyed

michyed THE STRANGER

^That reminds me, Mango again! A white skirt that semi-fell apart before I was going to wear it. Had it returned and exchanged and the same thing happened again. It was such a cute skirt though, so I just sewed back the parts that fell out.