Queen Elizabeth II

PrinceOfCats

Naturellement pulpeuse
Reaction score
I found this one of Queen Lizzie in an article about Charles and Camilla last week. Time has been pretty harsh! Interestingly, Phil looks exactly the same as usual...

Attachments

• Queen Lizzie JPEG.JPG
    Queen Lizzie JPEG.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 23
Yes, I have always felt she was very pretty in her younger years.

In my opinion, she's never been beautiful at any stage of her life. But she wasn't ugly and seemed to actually smile a lot more than she does now....

Kalista said:
In my opinion, she's never been beautiful at any stage of her life. But she wasn't ugly and seemed to actually smile a lot more than she does now....

Maybe now she doesn't have so many reasons to smile...

I laugh at the fact that people are so used to seeing nipped and tucked 75 year olds with cheekbone inplants and 8 facelifts that they think that an natural 75 year old has "gone bad" :lol:

She's in pretty darn good shape for her age. She probably does more physically ine one day than I do in a month! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
CelineChic said:
I laugh at the fact that people are so used to seeing nipped and tucked 75 year olds with cheekbone inplants and 8 facelifts that they think that an natural 75 year old has "gone bad" :lol:

She's in pretty darn good shape for her age. She probably does more physically ine one day than I do in a month! :(

I was the slow progression of her style from rule Britannia to Marks & Spencers that I meant...

PrinceOfCats said:
Phil looks exactly the same as usual...
I think he's actually cryogenically frozen, he never looks different :ninja:

For some unknown and probably weird reasons i like her.:blink:

tiffany said:
I think he's actually cryogenically frozen, he never looks different :ninja:

Cryogenically frozen since when, is the question... My guess is about 1850.

I'm not a royalist or like the Royal family all that much, but I have to have respect for Queen Liz. I mean, throughout all these years with people slagging off her family (i.e. Fergie, Diana...) not once have we heard a peep from her. Most people retaliate with comments or somethings, but she has always kept her lips shut (at least in public :ninja: )

Still prefer Jane...

janegrey1545.jpg

from the telegraph...

s.gif
Dresses reveal Queen's 'model-perfect' figure
(Filed: 24/07/2006)

An exhibition of the Queen's wardrobe at Buckingham Palace reveals that supermodel slimness is nothing new. By Hilary Alexander
queen45.jpg
In pictures: the Queen's model figure

Much has been made in recent weeks of Victoria Beckham's supposed 23in waist.
efqueeny.jpg
The Queen at Princess Margaret's wedding in 1960But an unusually extensive exhibition of the Queen's wardrobe, opening at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday, reveals that supermodel slimness is not just a phenomena of our celebrity-obsessed modern culture. Nor is it particularly new.
Several of the dresses, worn when the Queen was in her 20s, reveal her to have had a slim, indeed model figure, with what might be described as a "handspan" waist.
One dress in particular, in black velvet and duchesse satin, designed by Norman Hartnell in the late 1940s, is model-perfect in its silhouette and impact and would not look out of place on an haute couture catwalk today.
It is shown on a mannequin exactly crafted to the Queen's measurements at the time, as are all the gowns on display.
The exhibition, Dress for the Occasion, celebrates the Queen's 80th birthday and features 80 evening gowns, one for each year of her life.
Some of her personal jewellery is also on display, including, the Vladimir Tiara. There is also a gold and jewelled bracelet, incorporating the initials E and P, a naval badge and two roses which was designed by Prince Philip, and made by Boucheron in 1952, as the duke's gift to mark their fifth wedding anniversary.
The exhibition marks the official summer opening of Buckingham Palace and is the largest and most impressive view inside the Queen's public and private wardrobe ever staged.
The dresses are arranged in colour groups: pinks shading up to fuchsia; lemon through to intense saffron; pale aquamarine to jade and emerald; blues from delphinium to cobalt, and a fairytale array of white, cream and gold.
The dazzling encrustations of jewels, stones, sequins and beads, embedded in virtuoso embroidery on satin, silk, taffeta and chiffon, reveal Her Majesty as the original "Queen of bling".
The exhibition, curated by Caroline de Guitaut, is a stroll through fashion history.
It begins with the conventional, small-bodiced "crinoline" gowns of the 1940s and 1950s, moving on to the straight-line silhouettes of the 1960s and 1970s, often in geometric, coloured stripes or beading, then to the more traditional, but no less elaborately beaded gowns the Queen wears on state occasions today. The exhibition continues until Sept 24.

pics of the dresses.. (telegraph as before)
d6.jpg

Satin dress embroidered with gold, diamantè and pearls by Norman Hartnell
d10.jpg

Blue silk and lace dress designed by Norman Hartnell worn by the Queen to Princess Margaret's wedding in 1960
d11.jpg

Black velvet and duchesse satin evening gown by Norman Hartnell, late 1940s

^I was watching a story about that on BBC World last night. it looks pretty fantastic. :heart:

yet more...
d4.jpg

Green silk dress with jewelled embroidery designed by Norman Hartnell. Worn by the Queen for the state visit to Ethiopia, February 1965
d9.jpg

Grey satin gown embroidered with a fern motif in beads and pearls by Hardy Amies. Worn for a state banquet given for the Queen by President Eisenhower at the White House, 1957
d5.jpg

Crinoline-style satin embroidered gown designed by Norman Hartnell and worn by the Queen for official portraits taken by Baron, 1957

how bling is this?!
d1.jpg

Silver satin dress and over-coat embroidered with sequins

some of her dresses are fantastic. its so great to see them in color now as opposed to when she first wore them and all we had were black and white photos.

CelineChic said:
She's in pretty darn good shape for her age.

Having met her, I'm compelled to say she's in amazing shape (mentally, stanima, and so on) for her age.

PrinceOfCats said:
I was the slow progression of her style from rule Britannia to Marks & Spencers that I meant...
Her style is not so bad IMO.
She went to a horrifying phase in the 80's and 90's with ill-fitting neon colored horrors and her mom's hats (the infamous shower caps) but now she is very elegant and still can rock a tiara and bejewelled gown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->