Rachel Rachel Roy : Rachel Roy's Line with Macy's

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
info from macy's press release...pic from wwd

The Rachel Rachel Roy collection will capture a fresh and youthful look that reflects today's culture by mixing elements of downtown cool with uptown chic at affordable price points. The line will retail from $59 to $299 for sportswear, $79 to $199 for footwear, $40 to $195 for jewelry and $69 to $109 for handbags.
Susan Metzger said, "We are thrilled to be able to bring Rachel's signature aesthetic to a larger audience with the launch of the Rachel Rachel Roy better contemporary collection. We are confident that a diverse range of women will identify with the look and feel of the brand and it will quickly become a dominant label in the marketplace. "
Jeff Gennette, Chief Merchandising Officer at Macy's Inc., said, "The Rachel Rachel Roy collection is a perfect fit for our stores, offering designer-infused product at affordable price points. We feel the line will create new excitement and fashion stature on our floors and is something our fashion customers are seeking."

Founder and artistic director, Rachel Roy, said, "Accessible fashion has always been a passion of mine. Every woman should have the opportunity to express herself through style. Being able to design a contemporary product line that truly reflects a sense of individuality is a great honor. Macy's has been an embracing partner in helping us launch this redefinition of a new lifestyle collection."

hm...i love her namesake collection, but this doesn't really look like the same look. it looks a lot younger.

some of the pieces look OK, but the styling is bad, bad, bad. the clothes don't look appealing at first glance.

i'm guessing this will launch in the fall? i think it's odd that macy's picked her since she isn't really a household name and the prices aren't so low that they'd reel in a layman buyer.

although some of the pieces look like they could be nice, i dont think rachel roy has enough vision.

^
i agree with the sentiment. Plus, this line seems so different than her main line. However, from the pics I see, I think it looks cute. A little balmain influence here and there. Also makes me think of Elizabeth and James a little bit. I'd like to see bigger, HQ pics before fully making up my mind

Very unlikely Roy is doing this herself, it's probably a third party licensing company. Considering Roy's work and who the target customer is for this line, I kinda like it. I mean, it's not the creme de la creme but it certainly is fun and affordable. And when you think about who the customer will actually be, it's somewhat sophisticated.

I think the booties on the left are GREAT. Love the jewelry next to it. The other two shots look like Baby Phat.

More shots, via nitrolicious.com -- I am all about the fur waistcoat and the rings... nothing groundbreaking, but certainly sellable and wearable.

Last edited by a moderator:
hm...i love her namesake collection, but this doesn't really look like the same look. it looks a lot younger.

some of the pieces look OK, but the styling is bad, bad, bad. the clothes don't look appealing at first glance.

i'm guessing this will launch in the fall? i think it's odd that macy's picked her since she isn't really a household name and the prices aren't so low that they'd reel in a layman buyer.

I'm really surprised she scored a deal with macys. Good for her though. I do love the jewelery. Don't really care for the clothes - but then I didn't care for the styling either. It'll be interesting to see these pieces in real life. I'm v. curious about the quality.

although some of the pieces look like they could be nice, i dont think rachel roy has enough vision.

i used to agree with this, but i was really impressed by some of her pieces at saks. i'd never noticed them before and have no clue where they usually merchandise them, but i saw a lot during the winter sales. the pieces were interesting, very well made and the dresses fit like a dream. i was surprisingly impressed. i like her style, but i nothing every stood out at presentations. it was just clothes.

i like the vibe of a lot of her splashy blouses too. they're a little urban, but done in a very refined and luxe way.

i don't like any of the accessories.

all of this kind of oversaturation/ aggrandization, just for the money kind of fashion makes my skin crawl...................

this is a lot more trendy than i thought it would turn out. check out the acid wash and the feather jacket! images from racked.com

^ Looks like such a fun collection!

I think I want all three blazers in this pic - wonder how much they'll retail for?:

pic source: racked.com/lucy92

Karma to you lucy92 for posting these!!

Last edited by a moderator:
those rings are great! I have to keep an eye out for them.

She and Damon Dash went broke, I am sure this venture has something to do with making money.

here are some images from nitrolicious.com
here are the ones i thought were most interesting.

Attachments

• nitro1.jpg
    nitro1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 4
  • nitro3.jpg
    nitro3.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 6
  • nitro4.jpg
    nitro4.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 6
  • nitro5.jpg
    nitro5.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 2
  • nitro6.jpg
    nitro6.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1
  • nitro7.jpg
    nitro7.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 2
  • nitro8.jpg
    nitro8.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 1
  • nitro9.jpg
    nitro9.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 2
  • nitro10.jpg
    nitro10.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 3
It all looks cute but not really for the macys customer. I can already see this stuff on the infamous macys $9.99 rack. Maybe consumers will surprise me.

I'm already falling in love with the studded booties and the blazers! Love the collection..i agree, nothing groundbreaking but still exceptionally cute and well made! Kudos to Rachel ^-^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->