Rachel Rachel Roy : Rachel Roy's Line with Macy's

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by lucy92, Apr 16, 2009.

1. lucy92

lucy92 Administrator

info from macy's press release...pic from wwd

The Rachel Rachel Roy collection will capture a fresh and youthful look that reflects today's culture by mixing elements of downtown cool with uptown chic at affordable price points. The line will retail from $59 to $299 for sportswear, $79 to $199 for footwear, $40 to $195 for jewelry and $69 to $109 for handbags.
    Susan Metzger said, "We are thrilled to be able to bring Rachel's signature aesthetic to a larger audience with the launch of the Rachel Rachel Roy better contemporary collection. We are confident that a diverse range of women will identify with the look and feel of the brand and it will quickly become a dominant label in the marketplace. "
    Jeff Gennette, Chief Merchandising Officer at Macy's Inc., said, "The Rachel Rachel Roy collection is a perfect fit for our stores, offering designer-infused product at affordable price points. We feel the line will create new excitement and fashion stature on our floors and is something our fashion customers are seeking."

Founder and artistic director, Rachel Roy, said, "Accessible fashion has always been a passion of mine. Every woman should have the opportunity to express herself through style. Being able to design a contemporary product line that truly reflects a sense of individuality is a great honor. Macy's has been an embracing partner in helping us launch this redefinition of a new lifestyle collection."

[​IMG]

2. thesiren

thesiren New Member

hm...i love her namesake collection, but this doesn't really look like the same look. it looks a lot younger.

some of the pieces look OK, but the styling is bad, bad, bad. the clothes don't look appealing at first glance.

i'm guessing this will launch in the fall? i think it's odd that macy's picked her since she isn't really a household name and the prices aren't so low that they'd reel in a layman buyer.

3. lucy92

lucy92 Administrator

although some of the pieces look like they could be nice, i dont think rachel roy has enough vision.

4. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

^
    i agree with the sentiment. Plus, this line seems so different than her main line. However, from the pics I see, I think it looks cute. A little balmain influence here and there. Also makes me think of Elizabeth and James a little bit. I'd like to see bigger, HQ pics before fully making up my mind

5. lucy92

lucy92 Administrator

images from wwd

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Mutterlein

Mutterlein Active Member

Very unlikely Roy is doing this herself, it's probably a third party licensing company. Considering Roy's work and who the target customer is for this line, I kinda like it. I mean, it's not the creme de la creme but it certainly is fun and affordable. And when you think about who the customer will actually be, it's somewhat sophisticated.

7. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

I think the booties on the left are GREAT. Love the jewelry next to it. The other two shots look like Baby Phat.

8. june gloom

june gloom New Member

More shots, via nitrolicious.com -- I am all about the fur waistcoat and the rings... nothing groundbreaking, but certainly sellable and wearable.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#8 june gloom, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Apr 16, 2009
  9. stateofbliss

stateofbliss New Member

I'm really surprised she scored a deal with macys. Good for her though. I do love the jewelery. Don't really care for the clothes - but then I didn't care for the styling either. It'll be interesting to see these pieces in real life. I'm v. curious about the quality.

10. thesiren

thesiren New Member

i used to agree with this, but i was really impressed by some of her pieces at saks. i'd never noticed them before and have no clue where they usually merchandise them, but i saw a lot during the winter sales. the pieces were interesting, very well made and the dresses fit like a dream. i was surprisingly impressed. i like her style, but i nothing every stood out at presentations. it was just clothes.

i like the vibe of a lot of her splashy blouses too. they're a little urban, but done in a very refined and luxe way.

i don't like any of the accessories.

11. zamb

zamb New Member

all of this kind of oversaturation/ aggrandization, just for the money kind of fashion makes my skin crawl...................

12. couturecouture

couturecouture New Member

I don't like it.

13. lucy92

lucy92 Administrator

this is a lot more trendy than i thought it would turn out. check out the acid wash and the feather jacket! images from racked.com
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. stateofbliss

stateofbliss New Member

^ Looks like such a fun collection!

I think I want all three blazers in this pic - wonder how much they'll retail for?:
    [​IMG]

pic source: racked.com/lucy92

Karma to you lucy92 for posting these!!

#14 stateofbliss, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Apr 30, 2009
  15. masquerade

masquerade God Save McQueen

those rings are great! I have to keep an eye out for them.

She and Damon Dash went broke, I am sure this venture has something to do with making money.

16. lucy92

lucy92 Administrator

here are some images from nitrolicious.com
    here are the ones i thought were most interesting.

Attached Files:

17. Jambakindy

Jambakindy New Member

It all looks cute but not really for the macys customer. I can already see this stuff on the infamous macys $9.99 rack. Maybe consumers will surprise me.

18. june gloom

june gloom New Member

That first blazer looks lovely to me!

19. thefrancofille

thefrancofille New Member

I like certain pieces. I'd check it out at Macy's

20. AriLove

AriLove Active Member

I'm already falling in love with the studded booties and the blazers! Love the collection..i agree, nothing groundbreaking but still exceptionally cute and well made! Kudos to Rachel ^-^