Rachel Rutt

I don't think she has it. But, that shouldn't keep me from posting this awesome find!
frockwriter

"The Year of the Rutt"
May 18, 2009.

I first noticed Rachel Rutt one year ago, after Chic Management included her in the agency's RAFW 2008 newbies list when I was compiling this NEWS.com.au blog post on the season's new faces. One month later, when local media caught onto the lack of runway diversity story, which provided the catalyst for Vogue Italia's all-black July 2008 edition, the Eurasian beauty, who is half Singaporean and half English, told The Australian that the local fashion industry was "very Caucasian-oriented". But we didn't have to wait long before seeing a lot more of Rutt. In August, she walked in the David Jones Spring/Summer 0809 show and booked a series of lookbooks, from Akira to Gail Sorronda to Minty Meets Munt. And as became increasingly obvious at this year's RAFW, 18 year-old Rutt was Chic Management's breakout star at the event, walking in more shows than any other Chic Management model according to the agency.

Some might recall that this time last year, the same applied to Myf Shepherd. Although unknown prior to RAFW, Shepherd went on to be booked by Gucci and Prada for the Resort 2009 shows last June, before blitzing the SS09 shows three months later.

Well guess who is New York-bound at the end of this month? That's right, Miss Rutt.

well I think she has it :woot:

unique and stunning!
I agree, Rachel is very unique... I've never seen anyone who looks like her before. I have also heard that edgy/different looks are a current trend, so she may have a good S/S runway season, I hope :heart:

I'm not really a big fan of her look, but at the same time I wish her well because she does look so different from other girls, she can really break up the monotony in some show's castings.

NEXT can do so much for her, I wonder how her S/S runway season will turn out.

rachel%20rutt1.jpg

copy%20of%20amber_toms_183l.jpg

amber_toms_183l.jpg

chicmanagement.com.au

She is so boss! I am loving her more and more with each picture.

I think she has it...

But those COACD images definitely aren't the best ones of her.

Rachel Rutt, Sonny Vandevelde gear up for New York Fashion Week

So Rachel Rutt was back in town for last week’s David Jones show. While in town, she shot a lookbook for Wish. Click here to see more out-takes on photographer Sonny Vandevelde’s blog. Frockwriter mentioned that after her stellar Australian Fashion Week in May, Rutt headed to New York for the cruise season, during which she shot lookbooks for Phillip Lim and Doo.Ri and featured on big buzz model industry websites models.com and COACD. Add to this several as yet unseen new jobs: a lookbook for eveningwear brand Marchesa, a shoot with Scott ‘The Sartorialist’ Schuman for Vogue Italia, presentations for Mulberry and Giles Deacon in London and a 14-page editorial shot in London by Andrew Hobbs for NZ's PILOT magazine. Rutt is now gearing up for the SS10 shows, which kick off in New York on September 9. As is Vandevelde who, in addition to covering the season, will unveil the first of two upcoming retrospectives showcasing a decade of his backstage photography at New York's Tribeca Grand Hotel from September 10-30. The second is due to take place during the 2010 Melbourne Fashion Festival.
frockwriter

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->