Radiohead

twilight fairy

Reaction score
My favourite band is Radiohead. I was wondering who else listens to them? I love every single album in a different way and I can not chose a favourite out of them. And Thom Yorke is an absoloute God of music and singing.
Anybody with me? :blush: :heart: :innocent:

me!

They're my favorite band of all time. I've been to a couple of shows and both of them have been absolutely amazing (Chula Vista- Sept 28th, Coachella- May 1st).

I do have favorites :P :
mine would be The Bends because it's the one I first got into (when I was 9 :evil: ). However, I think their best album so far is KID A, simply because of the quality and originality, it took a while to grow on me but I like it a lot, it's difficult and I still discover something new everytime I listen to it.

Yeah they are pretty good. I'm not like a giant fan but I listen to their music and I like it. :heart:

wouldn't mind seeing them live :smile:

Rahh, The Bends..I also remember listening to them when I was really young like 8 or something..wahah..drifting away to "Black Star"..mmm..

I love their B-Sides, too..if you guys haven't heard any of their B-Sides you should download them..
I especially recommend: The Trickster, True Love Waits, Talk Show Host, This Mess We're In.

And omg, I'm so jealous you saw them in concert!!! They've never been to the city where I live or anywhere near..it pisses me off greatly :(.

My friend is obsessed with them - she carries a manilla folder filled with pictures and articles of them around with her. Along with this she carries their Biography with all her favourite parts highlighted in perfect lines and her cds.

Its crazy - it really put me off them. I personally don't like their music but I know they've got a large following so they must be doing something right.

They are great!

It’s hard to choose a favourite album, but the one I’ve been listening to the most is probably The Bends. :heart:

Originally posted by twilight fairy@Aug 19 2004, 07:52 AM
Rahh, The Bends..I also remember listening to them when I was really young like 8 or something..wahah..drifting away to "Black Star"..mmm..

I love their B-Sides, too..if you guys haven't heard any of their B-Sides you should download them..
I especially recommend: The Trickster, True Love Waits, Talk Show Host, This Mess We're In.

And omg, I'm so jealous you saw them in concert!!! They've never been to the city where I live or anywhere near..it pisses me off greatly :(.
[snapback]338280[/snapback]​
yeah, Black Star is great.. I remember when my mom gave me that CD in Christmas, I thought it was weird and I wouldn't listen to it that often. My Iron Lung was the first one that really grew on me.. then came Nice Dream, Street Spirit, etc, etc. I can listen to that album from beginning to end, it's flawless.

oh.. Their b-sides are the best ones. I love all the songs you mentioned. They played Talk Show Host in Chula Vista :shock: ...I almost pass out :P .
Did you catch True Love Waits on that MTV 2 dollar bill concert or something?.. it was memorable.
I particularly love The Amazing Sounds of Orgy and Cinammon Girl.

aw.. I'm sorry for you, it's really a lifetime experience, even for people who are not big RH fans, it's just shocking and the energy is indescribable. Hopefully you'll see them on their next tour :flower:

I love radiohead. most of their albums are fantastic, but kid-A is definitely my favourite. maybe I'm partial to it because it was the first radiohead music I was ever exposed to, but I think it's really more than that. the bends is brilliant as well...street spirit is beautiful. :heart:
I haven't ever seen them live though. my friend went to see them last year, and she called me during the concert and held up her phone to let me listen in a bit. :blush:

i like them as well. and it is true. seeing thom york sing live is a wonderful experience. i saw them when they opened for rem for the bends... with ok computer... and on their kid a/amnesiac tour.

if you can manage it... they are worth the trip.

Originally posted by asta@Aug 20 2004, 09:18 PM
i saw them when they opened for rem for the bends...
[snapback]340009[/snapback]​

That must have been fantastic!

R.E.M. is the band I’ve been listening to the most. Is it possible to ever get tired of their music?

Radiohead is really the best driving music. It's weird, but I almost feel like my car is just flowing perfectly on its own.

I'm sitting in a dirty old radiohead t-shirt right now :lol: I saw them this year in Melbourne when Thom was sick. He made jokes about giving him a kiss hehe I really like Jonny - he's so talented, my friends and I are always reading up on what gear he uses and trying to learn his tricks cos we're big fat geeks. Has anybody heard his album "bodysong"?

Oh, and one of the first songs I learnt to play on the bass was "bones".

Originally posted by vivadixie@Oct 9 2004, 10:26 PM
[snapback]392280[/snapback]​
:o .. vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot?

---
from pitchforkmedia.com
:woot:

RADIOHEAD TO RELEASE 24 SHORT FILMS ON DVDS

The adventurous quintet is attempting one more shot at home video glory with The Gigantic Lying Mouth, an upcoming DVD release of previously unreleased material.
According to Radiohead's official website, The Gigantic will be available exclusively through their online store, and will offer fans "a 110-minute excursion into the bizarre." The site describes the disc's contents as "music from Hail to the Thief as well as tracks unreleased before, set to a collection of perhaps the strangest videos you've seen on your teevee." These potentially disturbing audio/visual treats are reportedly leftovers from an aborted "Wayne's World"-esque project the band attempted to set in motion around the time of Hail to the Thief's 2003 release.

Radiohead vocalist Thom Yorke (who last week celebrated his 36th birthday) posted the following description on the band's site: "The DVD contains 24 short films with music by Radiohead. This was originally meant to be four episodes shown on our very own television channel. It was just before Hail to the Thief was released. Everyone was working themselves into a froth. They told us they could get us our own station. It was very exciting. We were going to take over the airwaves. So we set about putting together some television. We got lots of tapes from a request we put on our website. We also generated some television of our own to avoid going stir crazy in the studio. Now you can watch it when you want." And who said the band was above inane rock star whims? Take that, Zoo TV!

Interested parties can check out a trailer for the disc at Radiohead.com, where they can also pre-order their own copy in PAL or NTSC formats for £12 (or roughly $21.50). The DVD is currently set for distribution on December 1st, and ought to make the perfect stocking stuffer for Grandma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->