Raf Simons Exits Calvin Klein *Update* Calvin Klein to Exit Collection Business Entirely

Perfect. One down, who is next ? MGC ? CWK ?

Just looking forward from PVH (as usual) to sell the collections at a very cheap price, some items were very good (pre fall mostly). For Raf, I spoke my mind enough. I don't stand him anymore and his whole crew. They thought of them as gods of fashion or something, nice lesson for them.

I feel sorry for whoever's next in line. CK seems to a mess right now, the suits only talking about quick sales, Instagram and GenZ... What a toxic environment and mindset to have in a fahion brand. Glad Raf got out fast, best to stay in the namesake brand for the time being.

LOL, it's like that in every brand, I can tell you. Even in haute couture ones...

Perfect. One down, who is next ? MGC ? CWK ?

Just looking forward from PVH (as usual) to sell the collections at a very cheap price, some items were very good (pre fall mostly). For Raf, I spoke my mind enough. I don't stand him anymore and his whole crew. They thought of them as gods of fashion or something, nice lesson for them.
Yes! MGC! MGC! MGC!
Isn’t her contract supposed to expire in 2019?
I saw her PreFall collection. That alone is worthy of being let go! A designer who can cut a flattering pair of pants has nothing to do at Dior...

If the Raf Simons brand takes the direction of his menswear at Calvin, he would be back in good graces. It’s time to leave the « nonsense for Millenials and ASAP Rocky » he is doing there behind.

Thinking about ASAP Rocky right now. I guess he is crying his heart off right now! Thank god he already sold his soul to Berluti, Gucci & Dior. I guess even Phillipp Plein can afford him.

Total Off-Topic: A$AP is a non event artistically but I have never felt as awkardly aroused as the first time I saw his Fukk Sleep video and I realized he was wearing a backless sweater vest with latex gloves...a point in Raf's favor in my book at least.

I just feel sorry for him. Im glad that he is gone of course, its just that I feel like we lost a great designer because of this system. He should focus on his on line, however is gonna be hard for him to keep his prestige in the industry. Who is gonna hire someone with such difficult personality? His biggest enemy was himself, and this is sad, he is a talented one.

I just feel sorry for him. Im glad that he is gone of course, its just that I feel like we lost a great designer because of this system. He should focus on his on line, however is gonna be hard for him to keep his prestige in the industry. Who is gonna hire someone with such difficult personality? His biggest enemy was himself, and this is sad, he is a talented one.
The irony is that his idols are Margiela and Lang: two designers who at one time decided that they just couldn’t keep up with the system and backed out.

We tried so hard to pair him with them because of that « intellectual » card but actually, he wanted to be Tom Ford. He wanted the acclaim, the hype, the cult, the money, the celebrities. He wanted everything...

He already had the cult and the hype but it wasn’t enough for him it seems. Those big iconic CD earned their spot...
They proved themselves!

Imagine if Galliano designed the Matrix collection as his first collection for Dior! It would have been a disaster. You have to be clever sometimes...

I wonder what the RS brand is doing in terms of sales. His CK experience can open doors for more categories but womenswear is a big investment. He might need someone to back him...( I can imagine Renzo Rosso already calling).

Honestly this makes me a bit sad that designers are out this fast. Where's the longevity?
And I might be the only one but I liked his CK collections for the main line.

If there is one anthem for Raf Simons, it's definitely thank u, next. That man just can't stop switching brands like socks what's up with that? Should've never left Dior.

Thinking about ASAP Rocky right now. I guess he is crying his heart off right now! Thank god he already sold his soul to Berluti, Gucci & Dior. I guess even Phillipp Plein can afford him.

And Loewe, and Balenciaga. Plus I recall a little tryst with Alexander Wang too. Asap Rocky have the morals of an alleycat when it comes to partnering with designers.

^If he hadn't left Dior, or been forced to do that, the house would be dead now due to weak sales.

It is sad that he got fired again, but on the other hand his vision of Calvin Klein was wrong, as if he hadn't realised that it should stay commercial. What's even sadder is that it's actually his third failure in terms of sales so I don't think his legend of Jil Sander will encourage any brand to hire him, especially after that Americana fail.

^Well that's simply sad cause it just shows how damaged fashion is. Maria single-handedly killed all the creativity and beauty that house had for decades, but she sells real well to the tasteless new generation so she's praised. Raf was the last best thing to ever happen to Dior.

As I always says when I read or hear someone saying that: Dior HC FW 2013 aka one of the most hideous collection of the decade.

I had to look up the collection because I'd completely erased it from my mind!

No shock here! He was not a good fit at CK, from the start. I actually thought he would do well at the start, but it just didn't do it for me, he is better than what he showed, and I hope he lands someplace that works for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->