Raf Simons Mens F/W 04.05

nqth

arndom
Reaction score
Skin tight ("body waves" :-), over-sized sweater and sharp coats.

and "clasic" Raf :-) I like this collection. Not so easy to wear tho.
(from vogue.fr)

:heart: great jacket and capes (those seem to be huge for next winter right?)*
:sick: i dont like the bodysuits or the 'mini-dress-sweater'

*lena takes huge knit cape out of storage and plans to wear it asap :lol: :ninja:

Originally posted by Lena@Jan 26th, 2004 - 9:30 am

:sick: i dont like the bodysuits or the 'mini-dress-sweater'

*lena takes huge knit cape out of storage and plans to wear it asap :lol: :ninja:
It looks like a joke :-) doesn't it.

I'm sure you could use the "body waves" as wet suits. Nothing more practical than that under water :wink:

As Lena said,I love the capes and the jackets. Unfortunately,this is not Raf's best collection overall. In fact,I'm quite disappointed. Wetsuits and oversized sweaters? Is he going for a Southern Cal beach bum style?

A lot of this stuff is typical Raf and it's nice, but it somehow lacks the poetic, narrative touch that usually pervades his work. I'm sure the jackets and oversized sweaters will sell like hotcakes.

i am so reminded of balenciaga fall winter 2003...

all of this playing with proportions isn't appropriate for menswear

Originally posted by nqth@Jan 26th, 2004 - 8:47 am
and "clasic" Raf :-) I like this collection. Not so easy to wear tho.
(from vogue.fr)
LOVE THIS , nqth :heart:

I have the Issey Miyake hooded cape from a/w 01, that you can covert into a short ' jacket ' with huge batwing sleeves , by buttoning the bottom of the cape back inside .
This looks to have the same feeling :rolleyes:

Thanks for the post
KIT :wink:

A lot of this stuff is typical Raf and it's nice, but it somehow lacks the poetic, narrative touch that usually pervades his work.

That's the main reason for my disappointment.

Why do you say that Mike*. That's what made Raf so interesting to me over the years,is that experimentation of volume and proportion.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Jan 26th, 2004 - 9:42 pm
i am so reminded of balenciaga fall winter 2003...

regarding proportions:
its just the wetsuits that are wrong, the coats capes are good enough to make up for the silly tights, maybe he had no time or money to produce real clothes under those perfect overcoats :unsure:

regarding Balenciaga:
:huh: i cant see this at all

I love this collection
i lvoe teh super tight et suit ish pants and body suits, i lvoe the oversized mini dressish sweters, i lvoe the cape/coats.

definetly nto raf's best, btu very intresting and unique. :heart:

secondly what si wrong with souther california beach bums

but as chick said ist lacks the poetry of most of his collections, wich kind of makes raf

one of my favourites! thanks for posting it!!! I wish i could find a few pieces from this collection! I have a very old oversized sweater form AW98-99...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->