Raf Simons S/S 11 Paris

I see things I want here! a beautiful slim blue jacket. oh, I love that it's so feminine and colourful! lovely! and slim boys, at last! :wink:

Can't decide if I like this collection. I do like some of the graphic top!

menstyle.it (usually) doesn't upload pictures of females. They must've gotten confused as well. It should be on vogue.co.uk soon enough

not the first. he included women for his NY show a few years ago and if i'm not mistaken,as well as the presentation he did in that paris forest in 2003.

anyway,i love this collection! it feels like vintage raf simons....from the school-boy shirting,sleeveless coats,slouchy skater trousers,patchworked pieces and the graphic t's....all classic raf signatures. the only thing we could have done without or at least styled in a different way are the garçon aprons.

that's exactly what i thought as well. it's a collection of his collections. i even see some things inspired by what he did for jil sander. i think that's why i like individual pieces but the collection as a whole, sadly im not that keen on it :(

imo this is definitely not like vintage Raf, which was amazing. this is unamazing to say the least. :P

Of course it's a nice collection, but there is nothing new in Raf's work there. He totally surpised me the last 4 seasons ( sometimes in a bad way, but it's rare ).

This collection is for me the "best-of" of Raf Simons since he started his label. I recognised a lot of silhouettes from the past, especially whith those wide pants and the t shirt covering the tie.

9-Raf-Simons-ss99-kinetic-youth.jpg

hapsical

Last edited by a moderator:
while i love to entertain the idea of androgyny, some of these clothes in this collection, quite seriously, do not rise to that level. some of the clothes in this collection simply look feminine. not necessarily in a bad way, but in a "my girlfriend would look so cute and edgy in that look" literally. un-altered, un-doctored. other than the suits and lots of the shirting, i just don't see any real headlines here. the color story looks a bit recycled from jil sander, but i suppose that's to be expected given just how much of it he gave us there.

Really great collection!! Didn't like the trousers though!!

maybe it's because so much of raf's early work holds such a special place for me,i just love it that he brought some of those elements back again. granted it's not as cohesive as it usually is but strictly looking at it in terms of pieces,it really grabs my attention.

dior homme,i really miss those days. to me,those days were less about "fashion" as opposed to cultural and style statements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->