Ralph Lauren F/W 2019.20 New York

Glad people enjoyed the theatrics of the set, but Ralph Lauren singing isn't enough to make anyone in their right mind want to wear any of this hideous, outdated, trash.

I love this! This is so new and wearable.

Oh, sorry, thought it was 2005 for a second.

No idea who’d wear these in 2019 in their sanity.

We all knew an Aughts revival was coming (since fashion loves to reference whatever was popular around 20 years ago) but this just looks awful, frumpy and unflattering.

The look on Gigi, the dresses on Bella and Joan are particularly exceptional.
That being said, it’s an expected narrative for Ralph Lauren...Slightly dated but well executed and luxurious...

I’m not particularly touched by it as it’s too proper and luscious...I prefer a louche Glamour à la Tom Ford but it’s good for the RL woman and all the women who lives that kind of life.

Inoffensive collection.

The first two looks are immaculate...Gigi’s look is gorgeous and the following with the teddy bear sweater...those are so great.

It’s not THAT spectacular, otherwise. He’s done better over the last year or two than this.

Popped in the Ralph Lauren store on Rodeo the other day...and maybe it’s my mood at the moment, but I felt like the clothes in the store were some of the best designer clothes on the entire Rodeo Drive strip. Nothing gimmicky, nothing trendy, nothing flashy, nothing Millennial or Gen Z oriented, nothing cheap or logo’d, nothing trashy.

Everything was perfectly made in the nicest fabrics and leathers. Very flattering proportions, very becoming, very expensive looking.

I was impressed.

This is so luxe and I love it. I could do without the logos and symbols though.

Love the show but the clothes themselves seem old.
Nothing here feels designed...instead it seems merely styled.
There's only so many times the tuxedo can be rehashed even for women.

That opening Gigi looks is a killer. It's gorgeous. I think Ralph isn't going to push it any more. But at least I feel like he's enjoying life and making shows more entertaining. Tailoring is exceptional nonetheless.

Traditional RL, nothing more or less. He knows how to satisfy his clients. I like him maintaining a standard of luxury in his garments though. Opening look is nice.

Like others have said, it can be underwhelming for people who have been seeing Ralph Lauren for years though since it is a repeat of stuff he’s done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->