Ralph Lauren S/S 2025 The Hamptons

Watching a Ralph Lauren show after the Celine show is kind of hilarious.

During the RL Collection part, I kept thinking about Celine but, RL is very classic and traditional in some ways. When the Polo RL part started, I had a AHA moment: Celine is an edgier version of Polo Ralph Lauren.

Then, I wonder how those models would look in Hedi’s clothes, excluding the big girls of course…

Anyway…

The sequined blue shirt on look 3 or 4 will be in my closet!

The RL Collection was good, consistent but it’s formula that works.

I weirdly enjoyed the Polo Ralph Lauren collection more. I think the allure was good. I’m not a fan of men with those loafers so the white pants/white shoes looks were more pleasing. The women allure was good, the spirit was good and the children were cute.

Ralph Lauren dresses the family, the entire house anyway. It’s the ultimate lifestyle brand.

Now, I guess Hedi has to start children’s wear. That would probably force him to step back on the 14 years old looking boys.

I wanted Naomi to walk with Tyson Beckford! That’s the only way I can tolerate her on the runway today.

What I really love about Ralph Lauren is that even when he shows 2 different collections in one show (collection and Polo) it all feel cohesive, you can see the same person wearing Polo in the weekend and Collection in a gala evening.

RL is one of the last living icons of the industry and it's a privilege to watch him produce runway collections at this point in his career. He has built an empire that practically invented the American aspirational dress code. One day Americans will eulogise him the way that the French do Yves and Christian Dior. Like Tom Ford said himself - he will be venerated as the greatest of all time. It's a lifestyle brand of course, so maybe not appealing to some of the more fashion leaning people on this forum, but RL is the source material for Aime Leon Dore, Drakes, and all the others that are having a moment on the zeitgeist. The collection was wonderful in the context of what RL is. I love it.

I agree a lot with you all, specifically on the womenswear but I am pretty bothered by how the RL Collection bags reference too much other brands: the Loro Piana Bale, the Prada Buckle Belt or Celine Conti, some attempt at the Margaux, even some dupes of Picotin... it's way too obvious and makes me angry that brand like RL can't come with their own designs.

I’m very far away from the Ralph Lauren client, but it is so easy to appreciate this as a collection and show. It knows what it is about, there’s an effortless to it and it embodies a glamorous honesty to it that is accessible and easy without it being cheap.

I wouldn’t want the whole world to dress like this. Things would become so boring if that was to happen. But I really do enjoy the place this has. It’s the right kind of “inoffensive”, to the point where it is incredibly calming.

The epitome of effortless sophistication. I love the nautical hues of RL and the fun elements of Polo with the unexpected shimmer. Another great collection from him, sticking to the same formula yet giving something new.

Then, I wonder how those models would look in Hedi’s clothes, excluding the big girls of course.
A Celine runway with beautiful curvy women, now that would be something.

Love Ralph, love this show. Wish it was set in Nantucket though, it's more picturesque, inside a beautiful home going into the garden with a pool, lush green grass, long chairs and hydrangeas or on the beach at sunset with white sand and pale blue skies. Christy looks stunning as always. A ray of sunshine. I love how he came out with his wife. He always acknowledges her. Very classy of him.

Last edited:
The first part of the show is his usual formula (not a fan...but well, it´s ok). Then the second part gives me major United Colours of Benetton show at any random department store vibes...

^ I wish he hadn't shown the Polo section together with the main line. I know he's done it a lot before but I prefer what he did when he showed the S/S and F/W 24 womenswear collection on its own - it felt tighter and a little more elevated in terms of the fashion factor.

Nevertheless, it's a pleasure to see clothing of this quality, as predictable and safe as the designs are. Small details like the fringing on that gold skirt and the wide leg cut of the white trousers make all the difference. Sadly the menswear was rather forgettable for me.

The dresses on Victoria Fawole and Annemary Aderibigbe, plus Christy's tuxedo over ripped jeans (cliché but never gets old for me) were the standout looks out of the whole show for me. And it's nice to see the models smiling and looking somewhat alive for once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dafraz117
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->