Ralph Rucci Chado S / S '04 - New York

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
I really want to see it! :woot: There are so many good reviews on this one and it seems very intresting! So to my firstview.com friends please post, Im sure you guys won't be dissapointed, too! :flower:

By Suzy Menkes IHT
At a moment when New York fashion is celebrity- and youth-oriented, Ralph Rucci's fine Chado collection addressed a genuine clientele. This beautifully crafted line, sculpted in firm fabrics from grosgrain to double-faced wool, created clothes that looked deceptively simple and emphasized the couture quality of Rucci's work.

yes, i need to see Chado as well, if i find anything, i'll post :heart:

hmm, i like but i was expecting something a bit....more. i don't know. I really really like the shapes of some of these pieces but it's seems a bit fallish.

I agree with Suzy, such beautiful simple clothes that really shows Rucci's couture work. The coats with lined details are gorgeous! :heart:

Super thanks, Astrid! :flower: :heart:

:blush: first look on the last set is amazing :blush:

its ok, im nto really a big fan of his but I think its cool :flower: :

It's a little bit too 'conservative' but still, a very beautiful collection -for 'older' clients- i'm sure he can experiment a bit more and add some 'fun' in his work.
I don't think this collection is in tune with the general 'uplifted' mood of the ss04 season..

Loved :
*his hand accessories that look like 'half gloves'
*the black on black shine/mat contrasts
*his little black dresses.

The floor length dresses were a bit of a dissapointment, a bit too DonnaKaran-ish i think :(

It's a little bit too 'conservative' but still, a very beautiful collection -for 'older' clients- i'm sure he can experiment a bit more and add some 'fun' in his work. I don't think this collection is in tune with the general 'uplifted' mood of the ss04 season.

But that's what Rucci is about, he doesn't do girly or trendy. He does his own thing, he beats to his own drum. Another thing I like about him.

The floor length dresses were a bit of a dissapointment, a bit too DonnaKaran-ish i think :(

That's very true. :(

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Sep 25th, 2003 - 11:17 am
that's what Rucci is about, he doesn't do girly or trendy. He does his own thing, he beats to his own drum. Another thing I like about him.

yes, i absolutely agree igni, i was not expecting 'girly or trendy' not from Rucci, he's better than just that, its just that his "own" drum might need a bit tuning.
"conservative" does not neccessarily need to be dull, thats my point. :wink:

my very own design style used to be quite near to Rucci's 'pureness'
at the end i was so pure that i started boring myself :lol:
Pure can be also playful and smart without losing its qualities of striking
design and wearability. Pure needs to avoid austerity in order to
become modern and avoid traping itself in 'boring'
this is Rucci's only tiny weakness -i'm sure he will take care of it, very soon)
apart from this little detail, he's one of my favourite contemporary designers, from day one.

btw, i'm regarding his work at the same creative levels as Sibylla and Elbaz, a rising modern master. :flower:

It just looked like classic Rucci to me. :neutral: Nothing more, nothing less.

My favorite look :arrow:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carluaz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->