Raw Foods

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Spacemiu, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

Is any one here into the raw diet? i find it intresting my self, the food is good, my friend dose it, it's very healthy but i don't think i could do only raw foods.

2. Luna

Luna offline.

reminds me of the SATC episode... Mmm raw cactus... me thinks not.

3. Atelier

Atelier Hoppity Hop

I could never do it for one simple reason: Juliano.

[​IMG]

Ever since I saw this tool on E! (or was it the Style Network), no way.

4. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

i eat much more raw than cooked, but my whole diet.. could be hard to follow

regardless, i think raw is super healthy

5. breathe0xygen

breathe0xygen I loved you

the diet sounds really healthy, but i agree with Lena, might be hard to keep up, and difficult to make all of the food you eat "raw".

6. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

I eat all of my foods as close to the source as possible... canned and unsalted, raw, frozen, dried fruits and veggies... organic/natural breads, raw tofu, organic PeanutButter(OH GOD... SO GOOD)... the only thing I eat that is probably not that 'natural' and great are sweetened yogurt.

7. strawberry daiquiri

strawberry daiquiri seagreen serenades

8. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

9. strawberry daiquiri

:angel:

10. LolitaLuxe

LolitaLuxe Vision of Paradise

wow that juliano guy is tres new age :shock: i can just see him sitting in lotus position , humming to crystals!!

anyway, i think a raw diet would suit some people....not to sure obout myself tho'.......:blush: even tho 60 % of my diet is 'raw' .

11. Tempest

Tempest New Member

I am eating like a :bunny: to get in shape for sports again.

Veggies and fruits...

Not that I mind cuz the one perk is that I get to eat sushi non stop...course I'll be sick and tired of it after the month....

I miss the sushi places in LA and even the Raw restaurant which made it easier to eat raw stuff without getting sick of it ...its much better than munching a carrot every hour -_-

12. tangerine

tangerine Soviet Camaro

Most of the food I eat is not cooked but I don't like any restrictions on my diet.

13. cocomonkey

cocomonkey New Member

omg you're on that diet too? :P

14. strawberry daiquiri

Just until the diabetes set in.

15. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

why? raw sugar is a must for a healthy diet
    haven't had white sugar in years, tastes weird

16. hotpinky

hotpinky New Member

if you've read a lot of reviews on the Raw diet, you'll find that most of the claims are unfounded and there are a lot of risks that come along with following it..

The raw diet is nutrient dense, there is little or no saturated fat, it is low in sodium, high in potassium and fibre-rich. These factors are important in helping to reduce the risk of certain diseases such as heart disease and some cancers.

Dr Sarah Schenker, Nutrition Scientist at the British Nutrition Foundation has some doubts. She says, 'eating only raw foods can considerably limit the variety of foods that can be included in the diet, such as meat, potatoes and other cereal products, which in turn can limit our nutrient intake. This could lead to nutritional deficiencies - for example, iron and calcium - if followed for any length of time.'

'Also, people often think that fruit and vegetables are better for you if they are raw. However, research has shown that some of the phytochemicals present are more easily absorbed by the body when the vegetable has been cooked or processed, for example, lycopene in tomatoes and carotenoids in carrots'.

http://www.ivillage.co.uk/dietandfitness/e...98387-2,00.html

17. marcj

marcj New Member

Juliano has a restaurant just across the street from Fred Segal in Santa Monica. Donna Karan did the raw thing....

18. tangerine

tangerine Soviet Camaro

Who says you can't eat raw meat? :P

Just being devil's advocate. Any diet should be carefully constructed to be sure one is getting everything one needs. [/doctor]

19. thovety

thovety New Member

the raw food diet

I looked back but I couldn't find a thread about this diet (but if there is and I missed it the mods can delete this).
    I've become interested in the raw food diet because it sounds so helathy! and you get to eat healthy junkfood, which sounds yummeh to me.
    so has anyone tried it and if so, how was it like?

20. LucindaMay

LucindaMay New Member

I'm raw.

It's amazing!!!!

It is a life style. You really have to do it for the right reasons for it to be successful. But once you start to eat most of your food raw, your reasons for eating this way will probably change and expand. It really has a huge effect on your mind. You become much more mentally clear. It's like the fog clears or something... :wink:

There is so much to learn about nutrition. I look at how I used to eat, even though I thought it was really healthy... it really wasn't.

Raw is the way humans are supposed to eat. It's fun, and you can make really amazing meals. There is no limit to what you can do. There is basically a raw substitute for any cooked food dish.

#20 LucindaMay, Feb 23, 2006
    Last edited by moderator : Feb 23, 2006