Red Alert

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
from wwd...

RED ALERT: Time Inc. has Real Simple; Hearst has Oprah. Now Hachette Filipacchi Media is making its own grab at the market share being freed up by the decline of the traditional women’s service books. Beginning April 19, Hachette will test the first issue of the U.S. edition of Red, a magazine aimed at women ages 25 to 49. Alex Postman, Elle’s executive editor, will oversee the issue, marshaling contributions from her own staff and the staff of Red U.K. (The six-year-old title, above, has a circulation of 196,000 in Britain.) The 140-page issue will have a print run of 300,000 copies, distributed in the top 10 markets.
Meanwhile, Elle is moving ahead with a line of newsstand-only spinoffs that will include issues devoted to accessories, runway fashions and possibly other topics. The first, Elle Accessories, will appear in September, with a distribution of 400,000. Carol Smith, publishing director for the Elle Group, said Hachette views the newsstand specials as a development that could lead to future full-scale launches. — Jeff Bercovici

ehh I don't find Red anything special none of the magazines in this category really stand out to me but maybe it's because they aren't directed at me.

I'm such a closet magazine junkie... so this sounds fine to me.

the UK version of Red is actually well done for what it is. Decent layouts, articles... nothing too menopausal or preachy.

The first issue of the Dutch Red was relased just this month. I'm not very impressed, but hey, new magazines are always good for starting models to get their first tearsheets :innocent:

redlarge.jpg

Red doesnt sound like my cup of tea. but those elle speciality editions sound interesting. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->