Red Hair

i moved this to skin & hair care, hair and make up artists is more for threads on professional hair stylists etc.:flower:

Do you mean makeup colors? Or clothing? I have natural red hair and I wear greens,browns,bronzes, purples, yellows, pinks, and oranges on my eyes. I don't really wear blue b/c it does nothing for me, and I don't wear blacks/greys b/c they are too harsh. As for clothes I wear almost every color except pink, mostly b/c I don't like it.

It depends on what shade of red you are, also. I have very light, bright red hair, gray eyes and pale skin. I can wear green (dark green is the best color on me), baby blue, light grey, black, bright yellow, pale yellow, white, pink, red (yes, redheads can wear wear red :D ) purple, and peach (looks amazing on me too).

I wear light makeup colors, creams and golds. Sometimes I'll wear a red lipstick, but mostly mauve or nude.

Hope that helps :flower:

hey all! needa yr suggestions here...i'm a 17year old asian guy..gonna colour my hair for the first time.....andd i wanna a big change. definately not blonde cos i think it looks bad on asians. was thinking of red with a pixie kinda cut? but wld a whole hair of red look werid? esp on a guy?

hahaha. kinda lost here. hmm. thanks for any help in advance all! :D

I'm natural red/auburn. Many times I tried different color reds, only to find red dye fades pretty fast. I's best to go to a stylist for a dye job. Maybe she can recommend what color/ highlights would go best with your skin tone. Already having blonde hair is a start, no worry of bleaching it for color effects.

I have always been jealous of red hair, there is just something about it that makes it look amazing. I have black hair, and I was wondering if subtle red highlights might look ok? Or just plain silly?

Last edited by a moderator:
Avant Garde said:
I have always been jealous of red hair, there is just something about it that makes it look amazing. I have black hair, and I was wondering if subtle red highlights might look ok? Or just plain silly?
Highlights are a good way to go. The shade would depend on your skin tone. I think its, darker skin with warm colors and fair skin goes with lighter, cooler shades of red.Does anyone know if that's right or wrong? :huh:

I love red hair!! I'm sorry I don't think i'll be too much help.. whenever I dye hair it's usually a neon color :lol:

palyxa said:
Highlights are a good way to go. The shade would depend on your skin tone. I think its, darker skin with warm colors and fair skin goes with lighter, cooler shades of red.Does anyone know if that's right or wrong? :huh:

That sounds good to me. Thanks! :flower:

from www.vogue.co.uk
Trade Secrets

Karen Elson, supermodel: ''My hair is not naturally red, it's more of a mousy strawberry blonde. I first dyed it when I was 16. I wanted it to be bright red but it came out like Ziggy Stardust. I washed it about 20 times but it wouldn't come out and I had to go to school with it. I often still dye it myself using Clairol hair dye [try Nice'n Easy in Light Auburn, £4.30].

CryingAngel said:
what colors goes with natural red hair?
sorry if i posted this the wrong place, didnt know where to post :unsure:

:flower:

i'm a natural redhead, and i wear nearly any color, but it depends on the shade and the undertones.

then again, i'm pretty adventurous.

Ahhh red hair.

So unique. So stunning. So vibrant.

But if not natural, the hardest color to get rid of.. and the first to fade quickly.

Like the original poster... I'm blonde and I've put red in my hair. After just one week I'm annoyed with how much it has faded. And you're lookin' at someone who really takes care of their color... I wash only 3-4 times a week!:shock:

I am brunette and i would like to have my hair red but i guess i need to have it blonde at first?...:cry:

Stefanie, try a red glaze, that helps keep the color from fading so quickly. Also, use a good shampoo that doesn't strip your hair of color, nothing that says "clarifying". Terax has a very gently shampoo for colored hair. Hope that helps :smile:

palyxa said:
Stefanie, try a red glaze, that helps keep the color from fading so quickly. Also, use a good shampoo that doesn't strip your hair of color, nothing that says "clarifying". Terax has a very gently shampoo for colored hair. Hope that helps :smile:

Oh no worries on that.. I use salon shampoo:muscles:
But because I was so dang blonde before I used deposite only color... it always fades fast:cry:

i want red hair so badly! i think i'm gonna go for the shade emily has in the devil wears prada...can't wait!

Ooh, I'm considering red hair myself. Good excuse for being pale all year round! I'm naturally a mousy, dark blonde - does anybody have experience with going red? Thinking about a natural, coppery red on the lighter side. I might have to get my eyebrows done as well, has anyone done this and how was the results?

Tristessa said:
Ooh, I'm considering red hair myself. Good excuse for being pale all year round! I'm naturally a mousy, dark blonde - does anybody have experience with going red? Thinking about a natural, coppery red on the lighter side. I might have to get my eyebrows done as well, has anyone done this and how was the results?

I'm a red-head now but I've dyed my hair a million times, so much that the red doesn't stay in very long :( I have to touch it up again. Anyway, I'm a natural dirty-blonde/brown with dark, dark eyebrows and I use facial hair bleach to bleach my eyebrows so that they become a reddish color to match my hair. While you can use hair dye to color your eyebrows, I use the facial hair bleach just because it's a lot easier to do :blush: (I'm lazy).

And I've found that it's really easy to dye my hair red....my hair isn't that dark, but it's not that light either. The only problem is getting just the perfect shade of red. I always use the at-home hair dye kits because I've had horrible results at salons. I've done a million different shades of red before I've finally found the right one. This is what I have (bangs and all:(
g7.jpg

http://www.amasveritas.com/film/imagegalleries/gillian/7.html

I have a lot of the same features that Nicole Kidman has....pale skin, pale eyes (mine are green) and delicate facial features so it looks pretty natural on me.

Anyway, depending on how much money you want to spend and how well you trust your hair stylist, you might want to go to a salon first if you're nervous about dying your hair. But if you have experience dying your hair then hair dye kits do just as well as salon dye jobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->