Redken

beiby

Reaction score
Anyone else who use Redken schampoo and ? I started using it recently after a suggestion from a top stylist and I feel in love with it. It is very expensive but totally worth it. I mean, most cheap shampoos are just water.

I use Redken "so long" products, and so far, am not impressed. I do, however, like the heat-activated spray.

I have badly damaged hair due to who knows how many times of bleaching, coloring, chemical straightening, and perming.
I use REDKEN All Soft shampoo, conditioner, and treatment, and now my hair is totally "WOW"! :blush:
amazing products! nothing ever gives me such results. :heart:

I use Redken's All Soft line, too. It smells really luxurious but I can't say I notice a huge difference in my hair. At least not enough to justify doling out the extra for it. I like the green Wella conditioner (I forget what it's called). It's the only one that seems to make my hair less brittle.

not a fan of the shampoos and conditioners, but I really like the styling products. I have used and liked :

Anti Snap
Glass
Guts
Undone
Traction
Thickening Lotion

I don't like the shampoos and conditioners :blink: They smell good in the bottle.. but when my hair is washed it smells bad :wacko: and by the way it does NOT make my hair better.. i'd recommend biotherm

actually i didn't know that biotherm had hairproducts!!! :blink:

yeah they doo!! and they're great!!
L_11111x.jpg

I just switched shampoos a few days ago. I am now using L'Occitane (www.loccitane.com) artemisia shampoo and I notice a difference already. Their haircare line is awesome.My hair is ususally on the dry side, and it now looks and feels so silky.
Redken All Soft is good stuff too.
If you are looking for a decent drugstore shampoo, I will suggest Garnier FRUCTIS. Their scent is awesome, my boyfriend used to comment all the time how good my hair smelled. However, Garnier Fructis does weigh your hair down, which is why I switched shampoos.

Originally posted by italianice283@Jan 27th, 2004 - 11:21 pm
I just switched shampoos a few days ago. I am now using L'Occitane (www.loccitane.com) artemisia shampoo and I notice a difference already. Their haircare line is awesome.My hair is ususally on the dry side, and it now looks and feels so silky.
Redken All Soft is good stuff too.
If you are looking for a decent drugstore shampoo, I will suggest Garnier FRUCTIS. Their scent is awesome, my boyfriend used to comment all the time how good my hair smelled. However, Garnier Fructis does weigh your hair down, which is why I switched shampoos.
yeah, Garnier FRUCTIS! :heart:
the scent is wonderful, and it's actually pretty nourishing, but still not enough for my damaged hair, that's why I still prefer Redken All Soft.
haha and I wish Garnier could change the green bottles :innocent:

If you have colored hair, I suggest not using Garnier Fructis (even the one for colored or highlighted hair). I used it for a while but it really washes off the color.

I have just ordered a couple of Redken products so I'll let you know how they work.

Because I added a lot of blonde to my hair, I use Redken Color Extend. Its a bit pricey but its definetely worth it. I dont see any of my colour fading and my hair gets so soft and silky.

It feels amazing to be able to run your hands thru curly hair!

I am really not impressed with REDKEN products....
the only one I do like is Anti Snap

i am personally obsessed with redken's anti snap leave in conditioner. it smells awesome, and it works with just a dime size amount.
any of the redken conditioner's are really good, same dime size amount and it works better and lasts longer than regular conditioner. :flower:

I'm thinking of buying the thickening lotion and glass, are they any good?

I use Redken allsoft it smells awesome, and it's completely turned my hair around.

i use tiny tiny bit of redken water wax. my hair naturally straight so i jes put some in on palm and run it through my hair real quick. keeps it somewhat together and bit of spunk :P

i like certain products of theirs and i've been really disappointed by others...dems da breaks.

the only thing of theirs i use right now is their uv rescue oil, when i lifeguard.

Redken accounts for 80 percent of my hair range, my hairstyle is currently longer fringe than the front top, shorter middle top usually scrunched, layered back and sides usually with lots of definition for the side and more scrunge for the back.

Currently use/have:
Smooth Down Conditioner - good for heavily processed hair like mine
Solve clarifying shampoo - guys who use product daily, once a week thing
Outshine anti frizz polishing milk - for my fringe and front portion of my hair.
Rewind styling paste - used to use this when my hair was shorter, doesnt work well with longer hair.
Water Wax - hate this product, absolutely no use whatsoever except shine, low hold as well.
Rough Paste sculpter - one of the heavily pushed redken products, I use it as my base, my cant live without.
Sharp Edge graphic wax - I use this sparingly when i need more definition and seperation.
Airtight holding spray - I use this to finish my style.
Smart WaxHot/cold texturiser(discontinued) - adds a matte finish to my hair if you cold blow it, 3 jars left, sighz, one of my favourite products.
Concrete - Only when I need stiff and tough holds, dont really like it, kinda icky.
Colour extend inner fuel - just something extra for my coloured processed hair occassional use when im at home.
Cat treatment - once a week treatment
Straight Line - hate this product, makes hair really icky, hard to work with, too much effort, too little gain.
Smooth Down heat glide - serum before I blowdry, smoothes my hair down alot.
Full frame volumising mousse - Almost never used, only when I need volume, which is almost never.

well you guys must be thinking im a walking hair salon, for daily normal uni fixes I condition with Smooth Down conditioner, add Smooth Down heat glide, blow dry my hair, add rough paste to sculpt, texturise the sides and tips with
Smart Wax texturiser, smooth in a little Outshine for the front end of my style and finish with a spritz of Airtight.

I usually get bored and my style changes alot, of which I add and minus products. Ive heard all good things about Redken Glass and Redken for men Manouever.

I dont think Redken products are easy to use, I used to get crap results until I learnt how to use each product effectively, different techniques involved i.e application of Rewind as compared to Rough Paste. Also the shampoos I believe are rather high in protein or something similar, and thus lesser than normal amount should be used each time, too much and the hair will feel very squeaky and stripped.

Any of you guys who have used the discontinued number 10 Smart Wax hot/cold texturiser know of a similar product out there that I can substitute when my last 3 jars run out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->