Remedies For Sparse Eyebrows?

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by SHEXYchiquita, Nov 5, 2004.

1. SHEXYchiquita

SHEXYchiquita New Member

I'm an Asian female with incredibly sparse eyebrows. I have to brush them in everyday for them to even be visible and it's such a hassle becaues they virtually disappear in direct sunlight/pictures/water.

In this month's issue of Allure, there was a tip about applying Men's Extra Strength Rogaine with a Q-Tip to sparse eyebrows. What do you think?

2. ballroombeliever

ballroombeliever New Member

I'll be trying that soon!

3. pinksatin

pinksatin New Member

I don't know... I would be very careful of putting anything near your eyes that is not made for the area. Seriously. I thought about dyeing my brows darker to match my hair and when I read the package insert careful it said not to because it can cause blindness! I know Rogaine is not hair color, but I still don't think it sounds very safe. We have a thread about thicker eyebrows. With a combination of castor oil and banning myself from the tweezers Mine have improved some. It's not too noticeable to anyone but myself though. And I use a brow powder with a brow powder brush when I want them darker.

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f45/thicker-eyebrows-2641.html?highlight=thicker+brows

4. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

5. allegra

allegra Member

I think it was Alex Kuczynski (NY Times writer and author of Beauty Junkies) who said that she tried this and ended up with a moustache. Be careful!

6. o0ceania

o0ceania Guest

a necessary question to ask is: how much would u actually need to determine what can cause growth? it's so hard applying home remedies to solve problems or create solutions when one rarely ever knows the measured amount that's necessary to make a change.

how much castor oil did u need to help your brows, and what change did u see?

7. marsmars

marsmars New Member

Let's ready the syringes and start the testosterone-injections. :innocent:

8. dior_me_not

dior_me_not New Member

There was a thing on TV about what people were trying to do to get eyebrows back, and they mentioned rogaine. Theres this new thing from 'Model Co' (an aussie cosmetics brand) and its like an eyebrow pencil except its a quick drying gel with little hairs that look like eyebrow hairs and if you put the gel on them it looks like real eyebrows. Its pretty cool!

9. Lara_L

Lara_L New Member

DON'T PUT ROGAINE ON YOUR EYELASHES!!!! The results are totally unpredictable- they don't just grow back neatly!

10. ktee

ktee New Member

Yes, I've seen those ModelCo eyebrow gel pens. I'm thinking of getting it (it's about $30). The consistency is like a sticky gel (not unlike lipgloss actually, but obviously less tacky) with the little hairs in it. I'm only worried about the little hairs falling out and landing on my cheek or something.

11. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

That sounds rather unlikely.

12. cuteshoes215

cuteshoes215 New Member

#12 cuteshoes215, Aug 29, 2007
    Last edited by moderator : Aug 29, 2007
  13. Suburban Snob

Suburban Snob New Member

I just posted this in another thread.

Rogaine saved my brows. I overplucked and I did Rogaine. The Women's formula doesn't contain enough active ingredient to re-grow eyebrow hairs so you have to use the Extra Strength Men's formula.

Since the application is limited to a really small space, thusly you are not using a lot of product, the risk of 'side effects' is super low.

My derm said if I had results it was totally fine and that the little I was using wouldn't be harmful to me as a woman.

Worked for me and I would do it again in a second.

14. cuteshoes215

cuteshoes215 New Member

are you sure they didn't grow back simply because they've had a month to regrow on their own?

15. Suburban Snob

Suburban Snob New Member

Yeah, I waited about six months for 'natural' re-growth but it just wasn't happening. After a month of Rogaine, it was soo much more hair than all of six months worth of growth.

16. limo

limo New Member

I was just thinking of doing this!
    I have thinning of the outer third of my eyebrows.

Suburban Snob, or anyone else who has tried this, have you had to continue using Rogaine? How often do you need to apply it?

TIA.

17. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

Thinning of the outer third of your eyebrows can sometimes be a symptom of a poorly-functioning thyroid gland, it might be worth checking if that's a possible cause.

18. limo

limo New Member

whoa! Thanks for that information, tigerrouge.

19. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

Fun fact: If the circumference of your neck is more than twice the circumference of your right wrist your thyroid gland might be enlarged. :lol:

20. MelissaRB

MelissaRB Member

Is there anyway I can make them grow back faster? I lightly shade them in so it doesn't look that awful but I really wish I didn't get carried away :(

#20 MelissaRB, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by moderator : Jul 19, 2011