Repetto or French Sole? best ballerina?

UNiQFashionista

Fashion Icon googoo gagaa
Reaction score
I am a huge fan or repetto, but french sole has its following, which one do you prefer and why?

French Sole for sure! The vamp is a bit more flattering i think..probably because its VERY low!

i'd have to go for French Sole by default because I bought a pair of repettos in the spring and they barely made it into the summer.

I own a few repettos but no french sole, tempted to go into the store in new york and try a few pairs

i tried both, but they dun quit fit my feet...they just dun look good on my feet...=(

Repetto are cute but very flimsy for the price. I've never tried French Sole but I really like Bloch ballet flats.

I also love Bloch and I got so many compliments on how they look. Tried Repettos in the store, but didn't feel as comfortable.

i'd vote for french sole. i don't own repettos, but when i tried them in the store, whoa nelly. there's just a piece of cardboard between your feet and the pavement. :(

Pretty ballerinas in South Molton st, London are pretty cute. I didn't try the reppetto's or the french sole ballerinas but i heard they are good :wink: i have too much ballerinas already ;(

I've had both repettos and french soles, out of the two, I prefer repettos.
but my favourite flats are from chanel.
I have gotten mine re-soled sooo many times, I love them sooo much!

Repetto, without a doubt. Yes, they might appear flimsier than French Soles, but that's because they are proper ballet shoes and are incredibly flexible. For extended outdoor wear, they do need to have a rubber sole put on them, but after that they're fine. The rubber sole does make them feel more substantial, which for me wasn't ideal, as I quite liked the walking barefoot feeling I had before. I worked in a shop that sold both and have tried various style on from each brand, and can say that the Repettos were a much better fit and more flattering on the foot. I found French Sole to be awkward fitting (I was between two sizes in them and couldn't find a single pair that I would say fitted me) and the quality is nothing like that of Repetto. Their leathers aren't as soft, and they have plastic soles, which to me is quite high street. I've tried Bloch as well, and whilst I preferred them over French Sole, I wasn't bowled over by them- I'm not keen on elasticated backs on pumps, and again, their leathers aren't great. That, and the fact that I keep finding them for 24.99 GBP in TKMaxx makes me think they're made on the cheap.

If you're looking for a 'proper' ballet slipper, try Repetto. If you're looking for something harder-wearing and better for pounding street pavements, try French Sole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->