Repetto shoes

Some weeks ago I bought a pair of Bolchoi flats in a ketchup color and I'm very pleased. The leather is so soft now after wearing them a bit and they look so classy. It probably wasn't my last pair of repettos :heart:

Hi all,
I would like to ask if it ever happened to you to wear your Repetto's under the rain. What were the consequences?
I was caught by surprise by a storm. My (ex) new Repetto BB are now destroyed. I did not imagine they were so delicate!!! I am kind of disappointed because I do not baby my shoes and it never happened to me before that a pair of brand new shoes got spoilt the first time I wore them.
I love the shape of the BB and I am considering buying a new pair. Was I extremely unlucky or did this happen to some of you as well?
Thanks))

Novecento I have worn my Repetto ballet flats in the rain (multiple times i must say) and they also got spoiled but I kept wearing them thinking eventually I will get new ones. They do start to wear down in the sole. Within 6 months one shoe has a hole through the bottom. All I can say is that one time probably won't do much harm but walking in the rain multiple times does degrade the sole a lot faster. Very sad about the hole since they are my favorite flats that have perfectly molded to my feet and I can't seem to part with them. Hope this helped.

just get them resoled!

I feel like I'm always at the cobbler getting something resoled.

I have a pair of Repetto shoes a few years ago that I've never seen since, and those puppies have been resoled soo many times. Currently looking for someone who can reattach the leather at the toe... hmm...

If you don't mind me asking how much is it to get them resoled?

my guy only charges $20!

it's a pretty simple procedure, it really shouldn't be more than that.

Can anyone assist me regarding sizing for a UK foot?
I am interested in these shoes, and the lady on the telephone (who professed to be familiar with Repetto) advised me to opt for my usual size. I am somewhat conflicted due to hearing many bloggers suggest going a size up.....and I am already most comfortable in a UK3.5.

Should I opt for a size 4?
I was also told that the sizing in this store is regular UK.

^as i've already said in an other thread, Repetto sizing is all over the place for me..
btw i don't have that model but on their official website (http://www.repetto.fr/boutique/ballerine-bb-vachette-blanc-17.html ) it says that the BB run true to size..while on NAP (http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/161827 ) it says small to size.
personally i've bought a few Repetto online and i've always trusted NAP suggestions, they're pretty accurate to me so i'd go for the next half size up if it's avaible..otherwise opt for your usual size, the next full size up would be too much.. especially considering that the leather of these shoes is so soft and it tends to stretch a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Isa.b.elle! I tend to trust NAP sizing info too, which has always worked well for me.

What concerns me about this particular site is the EU sizing. On the phone they told me these were UK sizes, so perhaps the store listed them as such.

I won't be able to try any in person, sadly, unless I travel quite far. The internal conflict! :wink:

I think they are in French sizing. I am usually a Italian size 36.5 but the Repettos that I own have a 37 on them. Which is probably a 37 in French sizing (didn't know for a long time that there was a difference.)

I'd ask for the number written on them and make my own calculations. Also, I've tried different pairs in a store and it depends whether they are patent or normal leather.

I'd recomend: For a UK 3.5 a Repetto 37 to 37.5 in real leather, a 37.5 to 38 in patent.

Thanks for the suggestions! I agree about opting for the 37 in regular leather. I will call again and ask about the number on the shoe.

I go up one size in that style. Since I mostly wear them when it is really hot (and my feet are a bit swollen) it works well for me. They can be adjusted with the laces, so they aren't too loose.

I have the Lio ones, not sure if they're sizing would be the same, but I am usually a 35.5-36, but my Repettos are a 36.5 and they are perfect. They never cut into my feet at all (mine are just the leather ones, not patent)

As Zarina says, I also only wear mine in summer or when my feet have been torn to shreds in a pair of new shoes so I wouldn't want them to be too snug.

kawaiiiiiiii....:clap:

:wub:

oh my! those are just amazing!
my MM6 white perforated oxfords are about beat from wearing them so much...
those were one of the best buys ever...
I wonder if these might work as a replacement!?

the YY shoes are all really freaking good this season!
:heart:

thank you @runner!
I hadn't seen these...

:kiss:

the shoes look good on figure as well...
:mohawk:
the shopyohjiyamamoto

Screen Shot 2018-10-27 at 6.55.29 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"