Resort 05

I don't like those nautical themed jackets either but there is alot of other stuff in the Chanel resort collection that is really very nice

tnx for sharing LENA. :flower:
those looks are very very boring..
the ELLIS would be the best :unsure:

Originally posted by Lena@May 31st, 2004 - 2:40 pm
:blink: those Chanel look like womens wear on guys, and very boring indeed, herr K. needs a brake , save us please :glare:
indeed

I don't know why everything in Chanel seems the same lately...for years! I miss his collection when he introduced those gorgeous acid washed skirts and punk white sunglasses w/ short hair :heart:

Originally posted by chanel_girl+May 31st, 2004 - 3:34 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chanel_girl @ May 31st, 2004 - 3:34 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-brian@May 31st, 2004 - 1:19 pm
if anyone is wondering what dior's cruisewear is going to be, we'll have to wait until the fall 04 couture show comes out to get a hint at what the inspiration/fabric prints will be before it hits the stores... am i right? i know it's what was done last year.
That doesn't always happen like for the new A/W pret a porter collection it wasn't similar to the S/S couture at all so the couture might influence the resort collection this year....or not [/b][/quote]
oh, i hope john takes influence from the egyptian collection for the cruise!! it's what a lot of us have been wanting i think!

...and it just might bring me those darned scarab-shaped brooches :evil:

Originally posted by Lena@May 31st, 2004 - 4:40 pm
:blink: those Chanel look like womens wear on guys, and very boring indeed, herr K. needs a brake , save us please :glare:
:lol: :lol:

tweed on guys? :sick: actually, i'm pretty sick of tweed on women too :innocent:

Too flawed for words? Could be.

I seriously think Karl should leave Chanel already. What he's doing to the house is something designers do not usually do to the houses they work for (except John and some others). He's made Chanel, from a prestigous house, to a commerial house. I think he expoloited and 'abused' the quilt bags and tweed suits enough. I'd like to compare him to a corrupt gov't official who got away with stealing taxes.
I just don't see the 'life' that a designer is suppose to inject in the house they work for here. It's like he's just using the name and exploiting with collections that will never live up to the house itself. Houses should really die with the designer if it will look like this.

Also, want another example of exploiting? Check out the Chanel logo on that preppy tweed blazer. :yuk: I never thought Karl woulf stoop down to that level. :doh:

Though, there is still hope. :unsure: Also, SEAN I hope you won't dissapoint us. :wink:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@May 31st, 2004 - 9:05 pm

I seriously think Karl should leave Chanel already. What he's doing to the house is something designers do not usually do to the houses they work for (except John and some others). He's made Chanel, from a prestigous house, to a commerial house. I think he expoloited and 'abused' the quilt bags and tweed suits enough. I'd like to compare him to a corrupt gov't official who got away with stealing taxes.
I just don't see the 'life' that a designer is suppose to inject in the house they work for here. It's like he's just using the name and exploiting with collections that will never live up to the house itself. Houses should really die with the designer if it will look like this.

Also, want another example of exploiting? Check out the Chanel logo on that preppy tweed blazer. :yuk: I never thought Karl woulf stoop down to that level. :doh:

Though, there is still hope. :unsure: Also, SEAN I hope you won't dissapoint us. :wink:
While I totally respect your opinion, and agree with how you feel about Karl's designs for Chanel, to me the biggest problem with what he does is that every season has been feeling the same for years now. I can appreciate that he is remaking the classic tweed and all the other house staples, but it doesn't feel new anymore. At least Galliano isn't sticking to the same pieces over and over and over again. Mabye I just have a short attention span, but I just don't see what it is he is trying to add to the vocabulary of Chanel. Galliano at least changes it up a bit each season, even if the collection isn't great, it still keeps me interested.......if any of that makes sense.

Originally posted by Spike413+May 31st, 2004 - 9:34 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spike413 @ May 31st, 2004 - 9:34 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ignitioned32@May 31st, 2004 - 9:05 pm

Though, there is still hope. :unsure:  Also, SEAN I hope you won't dissapoint us. :wink:
While I totally respect your opinion, and agree with how you feel about Karl's designs for Chanel, to me the biggest problem with what he does is that every season has been feeling the same for years now. I can appreciate that he is remaking the classic tweed and all the other house staples, but it doesn't feel new anymore. At least Galliano isn't sticking to the same pieces over and over and over again. Mabye I just have a short attention span, but I just don't see what it is he is trying to add to the vocabulary of Chanel. Galliano at least changes it up a bit each season, even if the collection isn't great, it still keeps me interested.......if any of that makes sense. [/b][/quote]
I agree with you. There has been absolutely nothing new at Chanel pret-a-porter. The bags, the tweeds done to death like hell. :rolleyes: :doh:

Originally posted by ignitioned32+May 31st, 2004 - 9:38 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ignitioned32 @ May 31st, 2004 - 9:38 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Spike413@May 31st, 2004 - 9:34 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-ignitioned32
@May 31st, 2004 - 9:05 pm

Though, there is still hope. :unsure:  Also, SEAN I hope you won't dissapoint us. :wink:

While I totally respect your opinion, and agree with how you feel about Karl's designs for Chanel, to me the biggest problem with what he does is that every season has been feeling the same for years now. I can appreciate that he is remaking the classic tweed and all the other house staples, but it doesn't feel new anymore. At least Galliano isn't sticking to the same pieces over and over and over again. Mabye I just have a short attention span, but I just don't see what it is he is trying to add to the vocabulary of Chanel. Galliano at least changes it up a bit each season, even if the collection isn't great, it still keeps me interested.......if any of that makes sense.
I agree with you. There has been absolutely nothing new at Chanel pret-a-porter. The bags, the tweeds done to death like hell. :rolleyes: :doh: [/b][/quote]
I just wish he would throw something new into the mix......

not excited by what I've seen from Chanel so far, and I'm not fond of the nautical theme.

DKNY is plain boring, the idea of that lilac skirt is nice, but it looks like it's done wrong or something. I have exactly the same skirt in that second DKNY picture (forgot by who). really nothing new.

that Perry Ellis look is not bad, but still nothing "wow".

Originally posted by Lena@May 31st, 2004 - 2:18 pm

loserunit*, resort collections are the pre-spring lines that hit the stores just before Christmas holidays (destined for the ladies who travel to exotic places for their winter vacations) they are not cheaper than the other lines, just a pre-taste of the spring -summer collections.

thanks lena.

:flower: for loserunit

Michael Kors resort 05

and the moment everyone has been waiting for

Stefano Pilati for YSL , exclusive from wwd
photos Stephane Feugere

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise