Retail questionaire Harvey Nichols UK

hyunkyounglee

Reaction score
hello everyone. i'm currently studying fashion retail management and need help from fashionistas like yourselves in figuring out harvey nichols customers. i'd really appreciate it if you could answer below questions for me, if you shop at harvey nichols. thank you!

1. do you shop at harvey nichols? if not where do you shop?

2. where do you like to shop apart from harvey nichols?

3. what are you favourite brands - in and out of harvey nichols?

4. what are your hobbies/interests?

5. where do you like going out to (nightlife)?

wage in pound sterling (please select:( a. 10,000 - 24,000
b. 25,000 - 39,000
c. 40,000 - 54,000
d. 55,000 - 69,000
e. 70,000 and over

Honestly, I think you will find that anyone who shops at harvey nichols who is in the younger category I would 35 and under, will also shop at topshop, h&m, etc. etc. All the highstreet shops. It's 'trendy' to mix and match designer with highstreet (and smart as well. I don't have a problem with this). So I would say most would wear a mix of designers until you get to people who are older and have designers that they are more loyal too. The buyers are HN are fairly progressive though in what they bring in, in my opinion.

WellI live next to Harvey Nicks and all my friends shop there so ill try help out.

1. YES

2. Harrods and Selfridges because they stock all designers also Matches, Feathers and general Bond Street/Sloane Street shops.

3. Brands i like and buy from- Fendi, Chloe, Alexander McQueen, Gucci, Miu Miu, Dries Van Noten All Saints, Whistles, Pinko, H&M and ONLY the Top Shop creations on the lower floor of the Oxford St store (by random fashion students and designers- not the mainstream stuff.)
In H Nicks Mostly the 3rd floor and 1st floor. NEVER the second floor because it has LK bennet stuff :sick:

4. Acting, photography, shopping, reading.. the usual

5. Cafe de Paris, Silver, Paper, Chinawhite-(Wednesdays only), Heaven

Hope it helps.

Forgot to mention....if you are young (say under 18 and under) all the girls basically wear ugg's and carry Spy's. I'm not quite sure why this is but I swear everytime I'm there all I see are Spy's. It's odd.

^ :lol: I wear UGGs to keep me warm and I own a Spy but my friends hate me for it!

Im not 18 though.. I really have no escuse. :lol: I suppose things look different on women than teenagers with pashminas and backcombed hair. The 'sloanie' look. It also depends if you look like you follow trends or if its a natural 'just throw things on' morning.

So you are over 18? I own uggs as well, it wasn't a post against them. Just if you walk into the handbags section of HN that is a look I see often.

^ i know the feeling. Its like walking into a cloning lab.
(Although half of me is jealous that at 18 I couldnt afford that stuff.. just doesnt seem right that 15year olds own £2,000 handbags!)

thank u so much everyone. doing a project about harvey nichols..

so which do you prefer: harvey nichols or selfridges (pretty much their strongest competition i'd say)?

also jamie RL, if you don't mind stating your age and wage - if you earn. thanks:wink:

hello everyone. i'm currently studying fashion retail management and need help from fashionistas like yourselves in figuring out harvey nichols customers. i'd really appreciate it if you could answer below questions for me, if you shop at harvey nichols. thank you!

yes i do

selfridges, small boutiques for up and coming designers etc. h&m topshop missselfridge and afflecks pallace,alturnative shops and vintage shops, etc.

I dont really have a favorite brand as such im not a very brand loyal person i mix and match alot.

fashion,shopping,art,photgraphy,drinking,partying

5. where do you like going out to (nightlife)? being only 17 ive only ever been out in liverpool,and manchester and the pub but that doesnt count, i oviously prefared manchester though more clubs playing music i like

b. 25,000 - 39,000
c. 40,000 - 54,000
d. 55,000 - 69,000
e. 70,000 and over

my wage being a poor student on minium wages is only like £6000 .. but parentals give me money so its ok :smile:

random question are you at mmu ?? my friend goes there doing the same course nd she has this as her hoemwork for this week investigating a shop etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
hyunkyounglee said:
also jamie RL, if you don't mind stating your age and wage - if you earn. thanks:wink:

Sorry but i find it bad taste to discuss money! No offence. And im in my 20's. But you wont get more from me:P

Selfridges is better than Harvey Nicks just because of the size.

I would say Matches is prob. closest to Harvey N. I don't know that Selfridges is their main competition. They are in two different locations so it's hard to tell. selfridges contains basically EVERYTHING. highstreet, highfashion, everything. What I like about HN is that it's QUIET. And the selection is a bit more edited. What I like about Selfridges is that they tend to have a lot of stock and it's quite easy to navigate. What I don't like is the crowds there. it's everything and mostly tourists. Def. less tourists at HN. And the changing rooms at Selfridges are AWFUL. Honestly, I prefer to shop online or get things sent to me in the mail. I absolutely cannot enter Selfridges on a Saturday.

What about Joseph is it worth mentioning as a store? I love the clothes and the large Joseph stock alot of other designers. I shop there alot and I know my MALE friends do.

what are your most treasured fashion item (or trend item, i.e. ipod and such)? IF YOU SHOP AT HARVEY NICHOLS.

my most favored fashion items are my ipod, my chloe handbags, and my photo keyrings of my friends and i on nights out ( kinda fashion'ey i guess) all held together by my prada robot, my silver jazz shoes, my mcqueen scarves and my scarf collection, my beloved converses, my checkard jacket, my badge collection, my i love london tee from london (memories of trip with friends) random band tees from gigs, my id and pop magazine collections .. i couldnt possibly pick from all those things. All of my favprite items all have a common theme they all remind me of thign or people etc.

My Fendi Spy Bags, my McQueen skull scarves, my Chanel handbags and my Missoni dresses. (These are the things i treasure, own several of each and i know in the future ill still use them)

No. If I shop at department stores it's usually Liberty's or Selfridges - I hate the way Harvey Nichols is laid out and plus I used to live across from Selfridges so it's a lot more familiar and homely to me.

As above for department stores. Literally though I shop everywhere - charity shops, markets, vintage stores, many many boutiques, high street stores (mainly just H&M and Topshop - the rest I pretty much give a miss), designer.

I don't have a favourite brand really that I loyally buy....

Eating out, going to galleries, seeing films (LFF soon - yay!), shopping - not really consuming stuff but just soaking things up and looking at stuff. Blogging(!).

5. where do you like going out to (nightlife)?
Loadsa different places really - Camden and Angel for gigs. Angel, Hoxton, Farringdon and Soho for various bars. I don't go clubbing as much as I used to.... anywhere and everywhere goes though.
Does going to the cinema count as nightlife coz I do that A LOT!

b. 25,000 - 39,000 - I'm glad the wage bracket is very broad!
c. 40,000 - 54,000
d. 55,000 - 69,000
e. 70,000 and over
[/quote]

thanks so much everyone - if you have any friends please let them know about the thread:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irere
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->