Revenge

advo

Reaction score
New ABC show inspired by The Count of Monte Cristo and with Emily VanCamp in the lead.

The Pilot was pretty much the best one out of the new Fall shows on network TV, imo. Emily is surprisingly a very good pick for the lead role despite her angelic looks. Or maybe that's why it works.

I quite like it so far. I just know know how this could last more than one or two seasons. There's only so many people you can get revenge on right?

Hmm, I think I read that we would have all the answers by episode 13. But I think the show could expand by making Emily's (Amanda) father less squeaky clean and thereby make her actions more morally questionable. I also think Victoria is a very multi-layered complex person - and I think it's the relationship between the two women that will carry the show forward.

Edit:
I also really enjoyed episode 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the pilot. This is probably the best new show this fall

I watched the pilot episode and I wasn't impressed, but I will give it a couple episodes before I make my final decision.

OMG. Amber Valletta looks so fab in episode 5. LOVEing this show so hard.

at first I didnt expect her to carry such a show that needed a powerful heroine but shes awesome in it. I love bad rich people, the b*tch of the show is deliciously evil! Amber is also perfectly cast as an icy mistress

Last night's episode didn't have a revenge plot and it was awesome anyway. I can see how the show could continue for more than a season when they spread out the revenge/have episodes dealing with the fallouts.

I know I shouldn't, but I find Frank/Victoria smoking hot! I'm annoyed that he's no longer a viable love interest for her. And I find Conrad's outrage at Frank for playing a part in Lydia's almost death ridiculous. Like framing a guy so he's imprisoned for life and separated from his child isn't at least just as bad. What a Dirt-bag.

I prefer Emanda with Daniel of all the guys, but I kinda find her asexual.

^I agree with everything you said! Frank's voice is soo hot :D And it was the best episode so far but it ended on such a cliffhanger! Damn!!

I love this show! I have watched every episode of it so far! ^_^
It is really well written and the casting is great. I didn't expect Emily VanCamp to be able to play a character like Emily, but she pulls it off flawlessly.

I really hope that Daniel wouldn't die. Actor and his character is really starting to grow on me

^Definitely thinks there's a twist since they wouldn't show his face in the Pilot.

Anyone else not very impressed by the fashion on the show?

^I think it was him since his mother was screaming in horror when she approached the body..:unsure:

I freakin love the show, haven't seen one this good in a loooong time. I love Emily, with her angelic look and soft voice yet she is still gonna take everybody down (and they deserve it). I'm just not sure what she's gonna do with Emily-Amanda-Cara. She needs to leave asap. Also I think little Eric Van Der Woodsen is actually hot as Declan, wow those abs. And Charlotte to me looks like as if Ashley Smith (the model) would dye her hair brown, anyone sees this too? and now I wait another week for a new episode ...

I really liked the Cara twist! It should keep things very interesting! :woot:

^Definitely. I hadn't thought of what Cara did as a possibility.
I am so excited for the next episode!

The next episode will air on December 7th.

"Episode 10: Loyalty" description
Emily questions Nolan's loyalty when she discovers a secret of his, but eventually uses it to her advantage in her battle against Tyler. Unfortunately, it sets in motion a chain of events that prove just how dangerous Tyler is. Meanwhile, Amanda makes herself more comfortable in the Hamptons as word of her presence spreads. Victoria regains some power, and things get very ugly between her and Conrad.

I whited it out in case of possible spoilers.

Revenge" is a drama/thriller TV SERIES that takes place in the the Hamptons, a world of rich caviar and lavish living, that follows Emily Thorne (Emily Van Camp) a woman with a past that fuels revenge on the separation of her father and mother years ago. Now that she is older and wiser, but still the plan for revenge on all those who affected her life is fresh on her mind. One by one she plots and takes care of the lose ends that are in her life. Emily focuses the root of her hatred to the Hamptons to Victoria (Madeline Stowe), a rich, cunning woman who knows it all when it comes to Emily's horrible past. "Revenge" flashbacks back and forth to set up the story to what happened to Emily that makes her so hellbent on revenge. She finds her self succeeding in her mission one right after another. Created by Mike Kelley (Jerico, Swingtown), this is going to be a show where you are going to keep guessing who is the next target on Emily's "hit list". She starts to discover there is more to her past than she had ever dreamed of and things go from happy to sad rather quickly.

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

I absolutely love this tv show! Who else does ? :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->