Riccardo Tisci Named Chief Creative Officer at Burberry

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by mistress_f, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

UK GQ December 2019

His Checkered Isle

Photographer: Richard Dowker
    Stylist: Luke Day
    Grooming: Jody Taylor
    Cast: Riccardo Tisci, Kristians Jakovlevs, Maxwell Annoh, Nic Minwoo

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

UK GQ Digital Edition

perfect blue likes this.
  2. perfect blue

perfect blue Well-Known Member

Objectively, how long do you guys think he's going to be at Burberry?

3. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

At least one contract extension, I think - so a few more years at least. He isn't leaving without Gobbetti and vice versa, and if the business is really going well like they are saying it is, then Riccardo will relax more and hopefully even find his footing. So far his Burberry isn't really working for me, but I'm willing to give them a chance to experiment and change a few things to get there.

perfect blue and Lola701 like this.
  4. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

^^
    Gobbetti was also Phoebe’s boss. And more than that, he saw a lot of talents between those two teams. If Riccardo leaves, I wouldn’t be surprise to see Gobbetti trying to attract Phoebe or anybody else...We see the kind of momentum Bottega Veneta is having right now...

If he has a five years contract, I don’t think he is going to renew it because everything is happening so fast in fashion nowadays but if he has a 3years contract, he is going to renew it I believe.
    He is obviously a great talent and he had a cordial exit from LVMH and I think that relative success of his tenure at Burberry can open more doors to him.
    After this interview and him expressing his desire to have a lifestyle brand under his direction. I definitely see him more and more going at Versace and call me crazy, maybe at McQueen.

From the various report I’ve had, his Burberry is a success...Maybe a more relative a quite success than the Smash hit of his Givenchy but Burberry is doing better now than it has in the past 3-2 last years of Bailey. It was less difficult for Tisci to attract the millenials than it was for Bailey...

perfect blue likes this.
  5. perfect blue

perfect blue Well-Known Member

Thank you for the responses to my question you guys. Gobbetti does seem to be pretty integral to Riccardo's career so we'll see. I do actually think he would fit at McQueen and be able to express himself more at that brand. But it also seems like McQueen is very much a family, I wonder how they will handle another designer besides Sarah who's been there since before Lee passed.

RT's Burberry seems to communicate more to the younger customer which is beneficial to the brand. I genuinely don't know if the regular customers like RT's direction, I need to be educated on that front.

Lola701 likes this.