Riccardo Tisci Named Chief Creative Officer at Burberry

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by mistress_f, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Pricciao

Pricciao Well-Known Member

So the correct slogan is "see now, buy now, every two weeks come hanging around"?

Sounds like a gigantic pile of crying fabric being prepared to throw into the darkest corner.

2. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

In Burberry case, i really preferred the Bailey strategy. Are they really believing that people are going to run into the stores every time a new drop will arrive?
    It's good to take the Supreme strategy but in terms of price point, there's an ocean between the two. Yes, the resell value of Supreme is out of control but their items have decent prices when they are in the stores.

While i totally understand the purpose of that strategy, i'm starting to question it relevance when applied to brands that uses the creativity as a driving force and the strength of a fashion show as a tool to communicate.

And i think that it's just too much stuff. Dries is doing something like that but he has one show and a lot of ideas and other products.
    Here we have a brand that has a show, resort and prefall, ad campaigns, collaborations..Oh god!

3. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

Burberry overload in September :sick:

4. reese06

reese06 Well-Known Member

Most stores don't really deliver the full collection all at once anyways. I don't see how this is really anything new. I just hope he's moved away from streetwear.

Tisci has enough influence to do something new, if he wants to challenge himself.

5. kasper!

kasper! Well-Known Member

Better than Kering (Gucci/Balenciaga) overload...:lol::cool:

6. amby

amby Well-Known Member

:lol::lol:

7. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

I’m not too keen on a collaboration this early into his tenure. He really need to make his own individual mark. The Punk influence is too on the nose for a British house. I expect a lot of of safety pins, leather, and t-shirts. He’s going to take advantage of this cash grabbing opportunity. Personally, I could do without the gimmicks. Save that for Balenciaga please!

8. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I love how the stakes are increasing by the day, which must give him sleepless nights. Apparently Burberry's shares climbed yet again after the news of the Westwood collab. Can't wait for the September showdown!

9. bryologue

bryologue New Member

A collaboration is a bit too early, although unexpected. Cashing in on the publicity this will generate, I suppose.

10. mistress_f

mistress_f Hell on Heels

So Riccardo got LEGENDARY designer Peter Saville to remake the brand's logo and monogram pattern

instagram.com/riccardotisci17

11. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

The original brand logo felt more distinctive than this one.
    Another fail.
    As for the new pattern, i like it! I wouldn't mind having it as a lining for a trench-coat.

12. Scotty

Scotty Well-Known Member

Hate the new logo. Looks like every other logo now. I don't know why designers insist on changing logos so much. Try to switch it up by being innovative in the designing for once..

JessRubik and sixtdaily like this.
  13. HodanChloe

HodanChloe Active Member

Wtf the original logo was so iconic!
    I do like the new monogram pattern though....

14. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I hated the old logo. It was plastered on everything, from desperate looking licensed items to fake bags and it cheapened the brand so much in my opinion. I wouldn’t carry anything that had those gold letters on it. Same with Prada. So I truly don’t mind the change, even though the new font is not as distinctive.

15. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

I love the original logo because it wasn't what make the brand less desirable. I still dream of one day to own a Prorsum coat, partly because of the logo. Now Burberry is just one of those brands. What it needs is innovation in design and creative direction that put the most iconic name in British fashion back on track. So far, I don't see how this will work. Given the current fashion state, he can put the new logo on a white tee and sell it to the teens. It makes money. But what would make it different than Off-White or Vetements?

16. Ken Doll Jenner

Ken Doll Jenner Well-Known Member

For those who expected some big shake-ups leading up to the first collection of these newly appointed creative directors (e.g. Tisci, Slimane), well, be careful what you wish for. I can't believe the legendary Peter Saville came up with such a basic logo. The monogram pattern, I'm not sure if I like it either but it does have a potential. I need to see its translation to the clothes, because the resolution of the preview picture makes it appear cartoonish.

17. mathiaskatz

mathiaskatz Well-Known Member

I do not like the new logo or monogram. The logo is far too basic, and did we need both London and England?

18. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Well-Known Member

I like the new monogram, it's giving me some serious 60's Picadilly Circus vibes, however the Logo feels a tad too basic, it'll probably look cool emblazoned on leather goods but I feel like it's too close to what Balenciaga or Saint Laurent already did, and once we see the printed ads it's not gonna make for a distinctive image. Agree with the above poster that the "London England" is too much, either one or the other. Happy for Peter who went on SHOWstudio to complain about his cash problems.

19. Ed..

Ed.. cape cod kwassa kwassa!

I like the monogram but not the logo. Punctuation! London, England.

YohjiAddict likes this.
  20. eugenius

eugenius Well-Known Member

Totally dating myself here. I still remember when they dropped the apostrophe-S at the end of "Burberry's."